Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Who Gon Check on Me, Boo?

• Start Topic

On 6/21/2022 at 5:23 PM, Momager said:

Why not take them to 5 star restaurants, though? I have a couple of kids and once or twice a year (pre-pandemic), we would go to super fancy restaurants just because it’s a special treat.  

That is the proper view. However Marlo made the claim that she takes them to 5 star restaurants and gets designer clothes for them because they are worth it. Marlo has demonstrated that her worldview is that a person needs to spend a lot of money to plaster themselves head to toe in designer labels as proof of their worthiness. 

It's bad enough watching Marlo display this crazy mentality, but now she wants to pass it on to other vulnerable girls and her nephews.

Wasn't it Marlo who was stocking up on relaxer for the young girls during the African trip the housewives took way back when? Such a Marlo move.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

That is the proper view. However Marlo made the claim that she takes them to 5 star restaurants and gets designer clothes for them because they are worth it. Marlo has demonstrated that her worldview is that a person needs to spend a lot of money to plaster themselves head to toe in designer labels as proof of their worthiness. 

It's bad enough watching Marlo display this crazy mentality, but now she wants to pass it on to other vulnerable girls and her nephews.

Wasn't it Marlo who was stocking up on relaxer for the young girls during the African trip the housewives took way back when? Such a Marlo move.

Wouldn't it be nice if Marlo encouraged education and life skills to help these girls?  She is more concerned that they get a Gucci bag to prove their self worth more than a college degree.  I like nice things but working for those things builds character and Marlo might be glossing over that and skipping to the steak dinner and designer duds because she is projecting her issues on to those girls.

Is this the first time we have heard the name of her charity or about her charity?

I still want reciepts for those alleged five star restaurant dinners.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

I’m think Marlo commented on her girls being worthy of 5 star treatment because their situation in life might tell them otherwise. I didn’t grow up in foster care, but I imagine u could end up feeling bad about yourself and as if u are not worthy of nice, new things or experiences. I doubt every outing involves a trip to a super fancy restaurant  or a trip to Gucci but I think she wants them to know that such places exist and that they can hope and dream beyond their current situations. And we don’t know that she’s not encouraging their education and helping them develop life skills. We saw a very small snippet of her charitable work. She’s doing more for girls in foster care than I am, so I’m not going to judge her with respect to her charity.

• Love 3

And we don’t know that she’s not encouraging their education and helping them develop life skills.

Hopefully skills beyond landing on a rich dick wallet.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm finding peached up Marlo pretty annoying, maybe because we're seeing more of her. I'm willing to give her credit for her charity work but since she's promoting it on the show I'm also willing to do some critical thinking about it. If I'd been considering donating she would have lost me at "I don't even know how many girls I've helped total." Knowing how many people you've served is basic. You need that information so you can plan how to allocate your resources. Speaking of resources, the Glam it Up site lists no names of actual programs, offers no stats or financial reports, and has no volunteer opportunities. Pick your favorite small, local charity and compare its site to Glam it Up. I'm calling Glam it Up a small, local charity because Bizapedia lists Marlo as the CEO, CFO, Incorporator, and secretary of the charity and the address as a mailbox at a UPS store.

Marlo isn't wrong in wanting to build self-esteem, confidence and leadership in girls. Our society makes it especially hard for woman to have a healthy self perception. But as someone with a BA who studied Social Work, Marlo should know that the way to do that isn't to give them things, it's to teach them how to accomplish on their own. Her website should show how her tutoring program helped girls get scholarships and grants for college or how mentoring helped them get jobs. If she really wants to go out to eat, maybe get volunteers to teach them about other cultures, then take them to a family restaurant that caters to that culture. Or arrange cooking classes for them. Maybe Marlo's heart is in the right place, but this project lacks in execution.

Usually I like Kandi but her reaction to Kenya's lack of enthusiasm about the vibrating panties was ridiculous. Kenya had a point; she's single. Was she supposed to give the control to someone with whom she had no intimate relationship? As much as I hate to agree with horrible Joyce she was right in that only the owner should control the pink parts. (Actually, Joyce said "vagina." Like Nina Garcia, she doesn't seem to understand what a vulva is.)

I'm not sure everyone knows this so I'll just mention that Sanya has four Olympic gold medals.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4