Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: First Betrayal

• Start Topic

Since they never really explained how turning works in this universe. In most stories I've read there has to be an exchange of blood then you have to die. So I though the vamp that killed Theo's mother did that with him but it didn't turn him until he died. I figured out it was Juliette just before she went to the Burns house. Lol 

On the bright side maybe Oliver will help Theo find out who killed his mother. He doesn't care about the legacy and he probably knows the symbols too. And Talia is going to have to be more accepting of Juliette (because we know Cal still loves her) since she's her son's maker. Which again we don't know much about this universe to know what that means. 

The good thing is they can't do the Romeo and Juliet thing since this Juliette can't die. Well I guess the Fairmont's do have a way to kill Legacy vamps. Sebastian can eat them whole. He can do that at the trial thing and everyone will fall in line. 

And its also still weird to me after 8 episodes that Elizabeth Mitchell who played Juliet on Lost now is playing a mother to a Juliette. 

• Like 1

Finally an apology from Apollo! A little too late, but...

Even after Juliette insinuated that a new vampire would calm down once it had fed from its maker, Jack insisted on killing Theo, without taking some time to see how he acted or even letting him speak. That's cold. Talia's actions were understandable, although sticking him with Oliver probably wasn't the best idea.

So Elinor's power is only mind-wiping, not total mind control? That makes her slightly less powerful, but still scary. I wonder how far back she can erase. Could she make someone she's known for years forget they'd ever met, or is it more of a "recent past" thing?

I didn't expect the girls' love story to end on a positive note, and with everything going on with their families right now it wouldn't have made sense if it had, so I'm fine with this as a season ender. The show's been trending and is apparently #3 globally on Netflix and in the top 10 in 81 countries, so a second season seems pretty likely. I have no idea where they'll go from here plot-wise, though!

• Like 1

I didn't realize this was the last episode and was upset about how it ended, but I guess it makes sense that if this is a version of Romeo and Juliet it has to all end in tragedy for the lovers and their families. 

One thing I still don't understand--does Sebastian now have the serpent inside of him, and that's why he gets the glittery green eyes when he gets angry? When Elinor was going to get engaged to the Davenport son, her future mother-in-law demanded proof that the serpent was safe, and Elinor's grandmother and mother did an elaborate bluff to avoid having to provide that proof while at the same time telling Sebastian to stay out of sight because he was shedding (like a snake's skin?). 

I didn't like the last scene. At first it seemed that Talia was bringing Theo to a place where he could feed safely, and I was trying to figure out what kind of place it could be. When Oliver opened the door, I thought he was supposed to help Theo adjust to being a vampire and find food. But then Oliver, his witch girlfriend, and Theo go to the backyard where there are various monsters waiting, and Oliver announces his plan to ruin people's lives. It just seemed silly and unrelated to all that had gone before. I liked Oliver when it seemed he was a "human" vampire who didn't want to be like the other Legacies and wanted to help Juliette, and I was even OK with him wanting Juliette to help him get revenge on Elinor. But I'm not interested in seeing a second season focusing on him, his girlfriend, and vampire Theo hurting people.

I don't know why Talia would bring Theo to Oliver when she thinks he's crazy. Wouldn't it have been better to bring him to Margot and say your daughter turned my son, help him and keep him safe. 

I wonder if Juliette will join Oliver and go dark side for a bit now that she thinks she lost Cal for good. 

This show is cheesy and feels like I'm watching a fanfic with the dialogue. But it's also entertaining and intriguing. I hope they get a season 2. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't know why Talia would bring Theo to Oliver when she thinks he's crazy. Wouldn't it have been better to bring him to Margot and say your daughter turned my son, help him and keep him safe. 

I don't think Talia believed or should have believed Oliver was crazy. He didn't really do anything cuckoo bananas while they had him kidnapped.

I think another question, though, is why Talia would entrust her son to the guy that she tortured and threatened to kill.

Also, how she figured out where he was and how to contact him. 

I don't think there's a very good in-universe reason for that. The real reason of course is because they wanted the reveal that Oliver and Carmen (the witch) are the ones gathering monsters for some reason.

• Love 1

I watched an interview with Elizabeth Mitchell where she said Margot is 500 years old. So the legacy vampires just age really slowly. Does that happen when they reach adulthood? Are the twins actually a lot older then Juliette? Or did Margot only meet Sebastion 25 or so years ago?

Also I'm assuming they can eat human food and it just does nothing for them. Otherwise wouldn't Ben think Juliette has an eating disorder if she never ate in front him all those years they knew each other. 

I need these questions answered in season 2. Lol

As for bringing Theo to Oliver, she doesn't know him that well, why would he have been her first choice. This shows writing is mediocre but I still loved it. Was this really rated MA? What got it that rating? 

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I watched an interview with Elizabeth Mitchell where she said Margot is 500 years old. So the legacy vampires just age really slowly. Does that happen when they reach adulthood? Are the twins actually a lot older then Juliette? Or did Margot only meet Sebastion 25 or so years ago?

Also I'm assuming they can eat human food and it just does nothing for them. Otherwise wouldn't Ben think Juliette has an eating disorder if she never ate in front him all those years they knew each other. 

I need these questions answered in season 2. Lol

As for bringing Theo to Oliver, she doesn't know him that well, why would he have been her first choice. This shows writing is mediocre but I still loved it. Was this really rated MA? What got it that rating? 

At some point in this season, it was established that Legacies can eat human food like normal, while Mades can't. Hence, Theo not handling human dinner so well.

I'm taking it at face value that, as someone pointed out, Juliet is only 16 since she and Ben grew up together. That would most likely mean that the twins are about the 20-somethings they appear to be rather than hundreds of years old but ageless. It's interesting that vamps are fertile that long. 

Probably cursing and the relatively tame sex and violence probably, got the show MA. Even though there wasn't much in the way skin or action, I think the rating system tends to be more willing to slap a MA rating when there's gay sex involved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Isn't Sebastian a made vamp, so he can't eat?

Stranger Things is tv 14 and that show is much more violent and gory. It seems like a weird rating for this show that has sex without any nudity. 

This also felt like a part 1 rather then a season finale. If they do get a s2 they need to work on the writing. Bad cgi I can deal with I watch the CW shows. But the writing has to be better. 

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Isn't Sebastian a made vamp, so he can't eat?

I don't remember if we saw him eating at home, but if he can't that could be a problem in a job like DA where he probably has to meet people for lunch or dinner....or during social occasions like dinners and parties.  In any case, he may now be able to eat since his cure apparently turned him into a Legacy.

Really bad show, the things that people do, make no sense. I don't know why the whole town thinks the city is overrun with monsters or why anyone would think the DA is the person who can solve the problem, maybe the Mayor or the Chief of Police might be a more logical choice.

I figured that by the end of this episode, the Fairmont and Burns families would have to join forces at some point to handle some newly arisen monster crisis.

Do the police think Elinor is a vampire or just a serial killer? Are the Fairmonts just going to let Elinor go to prison? The least they could have done is gotten her a real lawyer. I think Elinor will do really well in prison.

I wish the show would have done a better job of explaining what types of monsters exist, how to recognize them and how to dispatch them. There should have been more monster hunting. They could have replaced all the scenes of the townfolks waving pitchforks, doing vigils, news crews and the girls getting in trouble with authorities and being driven some where, with more monster hunting scenes.

7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Do the police think Elinor is a vampire or just a serial killer? Are the Fairmonts just going to let Elinor go to prison?

I don't know the answer to the first question, but I remember Elinor's parents talking about the situation after Elinor was taken away by the police, and one of them (I think her mother) said it might do Elinor some good to spend time in prison. I guess her parents feel that she is too reckless. And even if Elinor serves a few years (which I doubt--she either won't be convicted or will escape), she'll still be young and immortal.

On 6/18/2022 at 4:38 AM, AnimeMania said:

I wish the show would have done a better job of explaining what types of monsters exist, how to recognize them and how to dispatch them. There should have been more monster hunting. They could have replaced all the scenes of the townfolks waving pitchforks, doing vigils, news crews and the girls getting in trouble with authorities and being driven some where, with more monster hunting scenes.

They really did barely any worldbuilding, just pure vibes from start to finish. I'm fine with a show that doesn't baby its audience, but there were so many opportunities to make certain things clearer that wouldn't have disrupted immersion and they just didn't take them.

I really enjoyed the show. I hesitated watching, but I love VE Schwab's books and she mentioned that Netflix makes decisions on renewals based upon the number of viewers that start the show and the number of views that finish the show in the first 2 weeks. I really don't trust Netflix to keep shows around, and don't like to get involved only to have the show left hanging. 

The chemistry between the leads sold me - really the entire cast is pretty strong.

• Like 1
On 6/21/2022 at 3:08 PM, Kymmi said:

The chemistry between the leads sold me - really the entire cast is pretty strong.

I really enjoyed the show also, though not because of the chemistry between the leads--I just didn't see that chemistry, or at least I didn't see any real attraction on Cal's part toward Juliette. But I liked most of the writing and acting, and I could relate to the teen and family drama despite the fact that I am neither a vampire nor a monster hunter. I want to know what happens to these people (or creatures), so I hope there is a second season. 

• Like 1