Type keyword(s) to search

Boo, Bitch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Lana Condor stars in and EPs a limited series about a high school senior who, after years of playing it safe, decides to live an epic life ... only to wake up the next morning and find out she’s now a ghost.

Premieres July 8 on Netflix.

AAAAQZEsXCiIoBP4Cjb8grAQqxMiHQGtT466QZ7M

Erika Vu is completely bummed out. She in her final weeks of high school and nobody even knows her name, thanks largely to popular mean girl Riley, who has constantly dissed and undermined Erika throughout school. 

(L to R) Aparna Brielle as Riley, Jami Alix as Lea      Episode 3
AAAAQakOvTLn31k5tZOTq2atOQfDCzgL-QDW7EtO

But when her best friend Gia convinces Erika to go to a big high school party, 
AAAAQWHKY33b1wIalZ8Jry1S-lZXHEFwyStfq1tU

Erika overcomes her shyness and becomes the toast of the evening — even capturing the attention of sexy Jake C, Riley’s recent ex. However, when the hungover Gia and Erika retrace their steps the day after to find Erika’s missing necklace, they may have a surprise in store — a shock that takes Erika’s finally on-track life in a wholly unexpected direction — to say the very least.
AAAAQYi9GgEkWc9bDufOumJC9NB-Qrig56R1_Per

"Over the course of one night, a high school senior, who's lived her life safely under the radar, seizes the opportunity to change her narrative and start living an epic life, only to find out the next morning… she's a motherfucking ghost."

Boo, Bitch!!!!!  

Lana Condor plays Erika Vu, high school senior who has lived most of her life flying safely under the radar, turned GHOST. 

Cathy Vu as Mrs. Vu

Zoe Colletti as Gia, a goofball and an upbeat optimist who never gives up hope that she and Erika, who has been her best friend for more than a decade, will finally make their mark in high school. She has a hopeless crush on Jake C., that suddenly may not be so hopeless.

Conor Husting as Jake W.

Michael Solomon as Jake M.

Jami Alix as Lea

Mason Versaw as Jake C., a guy dating popular girl Riley, until he gets fed up with her “drama" and suddenly notices Erika.

Aparna Brielle as Riley, the mean girl who disguises her meanness through calculated manipulation. She has been tormenting Erika since she was a Freshman in High School.

Jason Genao as Devon, a boy with a longstanding grudge with Erika since the 3rd Grade when she coined his nickname “Stinky”.

(L to R) Abigail Achiri as Raven, Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Gavin, Savira Windyani as Sail, Reid Miller as Brad    Episode 3 
AAAAQeyS3DYcGSSeafwM2ja5JZ89rmeb7vl9HtbH

Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Gavin, a member of the Afterlifers Group, dedicated to exploring all things paranormal, He is a medium whose talents will prove useful to Erika and Gia.

Abigail Achiri as Raven

Reid Miller as Brad  

Savira Windyani as Sail

FXIF-zrXoAIc__r?format=jpg&name=900x900

Boo, Bitch    July 8      Netflix 

Episodes 1-8    Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Life's a Bitch and Then You Die 

Time's running out for senior BFFs Erika and Gia to live their best high
school lives. A house party feels like a last chance — and final destination.
BOO_101_Unit_02905RC2-1-scaled.jpg
boo-bitch-1-bn-220613-d709b1.jpg

S01.E02: Resting Bitch Face 

Life as a dead person is a lot. Erika needs the facts but must pee first. Can
she get solid spiritual advice from teens who see signs in pizzas?
BOO_102_Unit_01866RC.jpg
BOO_102_Unit_00125RC.jpg

S01.E03: Payback's a Bitch 

After ghosting Jake C., Erika needs to deal with her unfinished business. With promposals and paranormal activity in the air, the end is near. Maybe.
BOO_103_Unit_04360RC.jpg

S01.E04: Bitch Slapped 

Kissing away unfinished business can be fun, but questions remain. Prom
looms, but Erika will have to ask fast. In the excitement, Gia feels unseen.    

S01.E05: Fake Bitch 

Word gets out: Erika's cool, not chill — and the queen of Parkway. But the
pressure's on as the temp rises, frenemies square off, and a troll surfaces.

S01.E06: Who Dat Bitch? 

Life after death has never been so — popular. Gia confronts Erika and
connects with Gavin. All hell breaks out when BFFs turn and the truth
emerges.
BooBitch_LimitedSeries_Episode6_00_01_21
BOO_101_Unit_00624RC-1-scaled.jpg

S01.E07: Bad Bitch 
YOLO — or do you only live twice? Two besties get real while confessions
fly. Old footage and a new hashtag threaten Erika's fame.FWcf9PxXkAEJBWm?format=jpg&name=medium

S01.E08: Bitch, Bye

(Season Finale)    

The afterlife comes calling. A will scribbled on a Forever 21 receipt, a
hoped-for prom date, lava lamps: the power of friendship must shine
through.

FWXpytRXgAARQRP?format=jpg&name=large

Just finished watching all eight episodes and this was cute.  Or at least it filled the void of me needing something entertaining to watch without having to think too hard.

That being said, I did like the twist of Gia being the ghost.  I didn't think Erika was a ghost because she had way too many interactions with people and was doing way too many normal alive human things to not be alive. Honestly I thought that the body was going to be someone random (or maybe no one at all, just the legs).

One thing I didn't like was that there seemed to be too many similiar-looking actors, particularly on the male side.  I guess they all seemed to have moppy brown hair and I couldn't tell them apart.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I know it was necessary for the twist of Gia being the dead one, but if you wanted to preserve your dead body would you really just dump $15000 worth of ice in the forest? Would it not be easier (and cheaper) to move the body and put it in a freeezer?

9 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I know it was necessary for the twist of Gia being the dead one, but if you wanted to preserve your dead body would you really just dump $15000 worth of ice in the forest? Would it not be easier (and cheaper) to move the body and put it in a freeezer?

I think the issue was the moose was way too heavy for them to move, or at least they thought so until they were fighting. 

I feel like this was pretty well done in surprising us who was actually under the moose.  I immediately thought something was up with Gia that first night when she also said she didn't know how she got home.  Just the line delivery pinged me that something was up, but I kind of forgot that afterwards and didn't even notice that she wasn't interacting with anyone other than Erika & Gavin.  I didn't fully understand the "rules" of this world, so I guess I didn't even think about how much interaction Erika was having with everyone. 

I did like this.  I liked the chemistry between Erika & Gia when they were actually being friends.  I did like that the trope was avoided with Riley trying to sabotage Erika & Jake C. (also, so funny with all the Jake's and their last initials).  Even though I thought Riley was not an overall nice person, she did seem to actually want to hang out with Erika so that was a twist from the normal storylines in TV shows and movies. 

• Like 3
(edited)

I made the mistake of reading this thread before watching the show so read about the twist but it makes more sense watching all the episodes. I was wondering why Gia’s family didn’t miss her but then remembered that her mom was out of the country, and  some people never responded to Gia talking. 
I wish they didn’t make Erika’s character so unlikable the last half of the show. It was awful to watch.

Edited by twoods
On 7/16/2022 at 1:05 AM, twoods said:

I made the mistake of reading this thread before watching the show so read about the twist but it makes more sense watching all the episodes. I was wondering why Gia’s family didn’t miss her but then remembered that her mom was out of the country, and  some people never responded to Gia talking. 
I wish they didn’t make Erika’s character so unlikable the last half of the show. It was awful to watch.

It was awful period. Could have been better. At times they were talking so fast , especially Erika, I thought the speed was off on my tv. 

I watched this last night. It was really cute and legitimately funny.  I admit that I FF'd some of the cliché bits with Erika being an asshole (I didn't need to see her entire prom assembly speech to know what she was doing and at that point I was at cringe overload on her behalf).  But on the whole this show made me smile and chuckle quite a bit. And then it made me cry.  And then it made me fucking angry when I realized they had an entire conversation about The Sixth Sense telegraphing the twist and I still didn't catch on. I wanted to slap myself for being so fucking stupid. 

I blame stress and the noise of the general fuckery of reality. But in fairness, I'm just not always that visually observant, i.e. noting who people respond to or look at. 

• Love 1

I watched the first episode back when the show dropped and then forgot about it until today. I wondered why they weren't both dead, considering how closely they were standing together and the size of the moose, but chalked it up to plot armor. 

I watched the rest of it today...and I must admit that while I suspected that Erika was actually alive (especially the more obnoxious she became), it never occurred to me that Gia was dead, even though I wondered why she wasn't when I watched the first episode. I too expected some random person wearing similar shoes to Erika's when they pulled the body out from under the moose, and I didn't catch any of the "Gia is the ghost" clues either. D'oh!