Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: Welcome to the Dream Girls

• Start Topic

When Tina reunites with her former girl group after decades apart, old issues are reignited, threatening to derail the trio’s big performance.

Airdate: 05/16/2022

The Dave plotline was not that engaging. Why do we care about that barber? Oh right, we don't.  I did like Tina and Calvin's conversation when Calvin was afraid of her and in the end took away the knife.

• Love 1

I thought the barber plot was good in theory, but I kept thinking "how can anyone be THAT bad at cutting hair?"  I could do better cutting with my left hand while having an allergy attack.

I wish we could have seen more of Tina's group's performance. They sounded good!

• Love 3

Awww!  A callback to Crackhead Victor!  Unfortunately it was pretty lame.  Though the "movin' on up" George Jefferson gag was almost worth it.  Almost.  I'm glad there was a callback, but I wish it was funnier.  Like, Victor gets out of rehab, all clean and sober and happy to start his life, and everyone realizes that what they thought was the crack was his real personality and he's just naturally a wild and crazy guy only now he lives in an apartment in the neighborhood instead of their cars.  He could Kramer in every once in a while, do something whacko, then Kramer on out for comic relief.

I'm confused though.  Which one is the oldest, Marti or Malcolm?  I thought it was Malcolm, but then Tina referred to him as "her baby."  Is that "baby" as in both her sons are her babies, or "baby" as in he was the youngest?  Not that it matters much but it started bugging me as soon as she said it.

I wish we'd got more performance too.  That would have been great!  They should have done an entire "Mama Mia" type musical episode where the girl band spontaneously performs their old hits at random intervals!

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I'm confused though.  Which one is the oldest, Marti or Malcolm?  I thought it was Malcolm, but then Tina referred to him as "her baby."  Is that "baby" as in both her sons are her babies, or "baby" as in he was the youngest?  Not that it matters much but it started bugging me as soon as she said it.

I'm pretty sure it's the bolded part.  I think it's been established that Malcolm is the older.  I always appreciate it when tv parents name their kids in alphabetical order - makes it easier for me to remember.  The Fresh Off the Boat parents did that for their three sons as well.

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Brély Evans as Janice
Shanola Hampton as Nicki
Mike Estimé as Victor
Joe Debona as Stage Manager

That's who that was! I couldn't figure that out - I knew I'd seen her somewhere but couldn't place her. She was in Shameless.

It was so cute how excited Calvin was about Tina's performance, how he couldn't wait to tell Dave and Gemma. I also really like that the four have settled into being genuine friends.

• Love 1