Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: New Girl Aboard

• Start Topic

Like an annoying guest who repeats ridiculous drink requests, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast.

Given that the guests slept through/ignored the sailing on the previous day, I’d like to think the sailing today was a bit of revenge on them in their hungover state for being such dicks.

You can call him Ray, or you can call him Jay… but you daren’t call him Barnabas.

I like Daisy’s demonic glee after the guest request regarding luggage – revenge is a dish best served… packed.  Poorly.

You know, after actually sailing on tall ships, I am not impressed by the electronic buttons used to raise/lower sails on Parsifal.  If you’re not heaving/hauling lines, it’s really not sailing.

“I have to poop.”  Yeah, so did the show.  All over the audience.  I left this boy/girl drama behind when I graduated High School. 

Disappointed the show cut away to Captain Glenn sleeping – previous times he was watching nature docos that were hilarious.

I’ve heard of “party ‘til you puke”, but seriously?

“Drinking makes you do stupid things.”  And for Bravo, they’re very grateful.

Freezing the frame on the preference sheet – when your primary is an “aspiring” estate agent, that means she has pretty much no experience at it.  Her entourage seems to consist of salon employee refugees.  We’ve seen these guests before.  They make Ashley look classy.

Food truck Marcos wants to give the guests tacos.  Sounds appropriate.

“This is the wrong boat if you don’t like drama.”  Boy howdy.

Once again, Daisy proves herself to be a poor manager by failing to understand the importance of hierarchy and responsibility in the people working for her.

Next week:  Will Gary keep it in his pants?  Stupid question – when does he ever?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Next week:  Will Gary keep it in his pants?  Stupid question – when does he ever?

The problem is it is the women who keep taking in out!! I am stymied what the attractiveness of Gary is, I mean he is the very definition of a one night stand when you are drunk and regretful about it the morning after and take a "Silkwood" shower to try and wash the memory out of your brain.  

I just don't get why Gary is the guy everyone wants and never will.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The problem is it is the women who keep taking in out!! I am stymied what the attractiveness of Gary is, I mean he is the very definition of a one night stand when you are drunk and regretful about it the morning after and take a "Silkwood" shower to try and wash the memory out of your brain.  

I just don't get why Gary is the guy everyone wants and never will.

I'm in complete agreement, but one after another of the ladies falls for him, in the face of upcoming drama and all!

I'm trying to come up with some of Gary's assets to make sense of the senseless:

1. He's fun to be around and can be witty.

2. He is charming to the ladies, even though his attention is surface level.

3. He seems like a harmless fling, as long as you're not looking for a commitment (beyond a week or two!)

4.  He presents himself as competent at his job, which can be a turn on for some women (but the other remaining men seem great at what they do, too.)

• Love 5
10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm in complete agreement, but one after another of the ladies falls for him, in the face of upcoming drama and all!

I'm trying to come up with some of Gary's assets to make sense of the senseless:

3. He seems like a harmless fling, as long as you're not looking for a commitment (beyond a week or two!)

4.  He presents himself as competent at his job, which can be a turn on for some women (but the other remaining men seem great at what they do, too.)

I agree to a point, the wit level is low but he is a perfect drunken one night stand because you know he won't want more of a relationship so it would not be messy to walk away from 10 minutes after the act.  I think he is one of those men who loves women but he just surface stuff, no depth.  Why doesn't Ashley see that he is a roll in the hay and nothing more?

Does Ashley really want a relationship with Gary? I think she wanted a love boat story for filming and when it didn't happen she doubled down to make it happen and now she comes off pathetic.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/22/2022 at 7:45 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Does Ashley really want a relationship with Gary? I think she wanted a love boat story for filming and when it didn't happen she doubled down to make it happen and now she comes off pathetic.

I think she wanted Gary to fall head over heels for her so she could could dangle him in front of everyone as "my crazy about me boyfriend" and then choose when/where she dumped him for the next man. When Gary showed minimal interest in her, she self destructed.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 3
On 5/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Don't forget #5 He has BDE.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Adding to the positive attributes of Gary that make him attractive to the ladies:

If he likes you he shows it. So many guys play it cool but not Gary! By acting interested he not only captures the lady‘s attention, he cuts off the other guys before they’ve considered making a move.

He makes a public and obvious effort. When Scarlett came on board he hadn’t even seen her and he popped out of bed like a Jack In The Box to carry her suitcase. Again, he hadn’t even laid eyes on her but positioned himself in front of her as helpful, considerate, and a gentleman.

He is fun and funny. He tried to take a nap at the Villa vacation Gabriella ruined and he had to be woken up because without Gary, it wasn’t really a fun party. Hanging with Gary means you’re always in the middle of a fun time.

Gary doesn’t push for sex. Last year he was always asking the girl he liked (have I already forgotten her name??) for a cuddle. Now sometimes a cuddle will lead to more, but I think he’s often satisfied with less than “the full meal deal” keeping  things light and fun.

I definitely would have been attracted to Gary in my single years. Not as a long term prospect but for a couple of weeks? Yes!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lcarolynl said:

Adding to the positive attributes of Gary that make him attractive to the ladies:

If he likes you he shows it. So many guys play it cool but not Gary! By acting interested he not only captures the lady‘s attention, he cuts off the other guys before they’ve considered making a move.

He makes a public and obvious effort. When Scarlett came on board he hadn’t even seen her and he popped out of bed like a Jack In The Box to carry her suitcase. Again, he hadn’t even laid eyes on her but positioned himself in front of her as helpful, considerate, and a gentleman.

He is fun and funny. He tried to take a nap at the Villa vacation Gabriella ruined and he had to be woken up because without Gary, it wasn’t really a fun party. Hanging with Gary means you’re always in the middle of a fun time.

Gary doesn’t push for sex. Last year he was always asking the girl he liked (have I already forgotten her name??) for a cuddle. Now sometimes a cuddle will lead to more, but I think he’s often satisfied with less than “the full meal deal” keeping  things light and fun.

I definitely would have been attracted to Gary in my single years. Not as a long term prospect but for a couple of weeks? Yes!

Maybe I was wrong about my assessment of his attractiveness, his body does nothing for me but yes, he is a fun guy.  

• Love 2