Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Abishola brings Dele to work with her at the hospital, she discovers that her dream of him becoming a doctor might not become a reality. Also, Kemi and Chukwuemeka’s mother bond when Ogechi slips in the bathtub.

Airdate: 05/09/2022

I really enjoyed this episode. Dele makes everything better. I do think that Abishola needs to let go of this dream she has of Dele being a doctor. It doesn't seem that he's cut out for it. Also, the Kemi and  Ogechi scenes had me rolling. 

• Love 9

The Kemi and Ogechi scenes were gold.  Onscreen chemistry comes in many forms, and those two actresses have it in spades.

The young actor playing Dele continues to impress, that breakfast scene where he was walking the line between pleasing his grandmother and pleasing his mother was well done on his part.  He is very careful not to be smug with Abishola when his grandma demands that Abishola do things for him, while maintaining the countenance of a good grandson.

And speaking of chemistry, Dele and Bob have the greatest relationship.  I loved how Dele just assumed he was the third generation, because he is rock solid with his relationship with Bob as his stepdad.  That wasn't avaricious on his part, it was just matter-of-fact pride.  Bob's response was just perfect too--a tinge of surprise that Dele saw himself anchored in the family like that and mostly delight at the concept of that third generation.  I actually said "Awwwwww..." right then.  

I really hope that episode means the seed is planted for Dele to join and eventually lead the family business.  I hope Abishola gets it that Dele isn't cut out for her idea of top professional title of Doctor but realizes that becoming the head of a successful business is just as awesome and brag-worthy. 

My only problem is the writers really diminished Douglas's family contribution to the business as little more than a special needs adult who is kept harmless with busy work.  Yeah, Douglas is a bit of a screw up, but he's also mostly been written as a spoiled but still competent adult who escapes life's stresses with weed.  This episode made Douglas out to be entirely dysfunctional.  I get it, maybe that's to clear the path for Dele becoming the MaxDot crown prince, but it was a wild pendulum swing from last week's episode when he was admonishing his family prior to them meeting his girlfriend.

• Love 13

i find both the twins written inconsistently.  Christina is a needy clingy mess outside of the office and a rockstar in her new job.  Douglas is competent lovable screw up at home but as @HurricaneVal put it - "special needs" in the factory.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

The Kemi and Ogechi scenes were gold.  Onscreen chemistry comes in many forms, and those two actresses have it in spades.

The young actor playing Dele continues to impress, that breakfast scene where he was walking the line between pleasing his grandmother and pleasing his mother was well done on his part.  He is very careful not to be smug with Abishola when his grandma demands that Abishola do things for him, while maintaining the countenance of a good grandson.

And speaking of chemistry, Dele and Bob have the greatest relationship.  I loved how Dele just assumed he was the third generation, because he is rock solid with his relationship with Bob as his stepdad.  That wasn't avaricious on his part, it was just matter-of-fact pride.  Bob's response was just perfect too--a tinge of surprise that Dele saw himself anchored in the family like that and mostly delight at the concept of that third generation.  I actually said "Awwwwww..." right then.  

I really hope that episode means the seed is planted for Dele to join and eventually lead the family business.  I hope Abishola gets it that Dele isn't cut out for her idea of top professional title of Doctor but realizes that becoming the head of a successful business is just as awesome and brag-worthy. 

My only problem is the writers really diminished Douglas's family contribution to the business as little more than a special needs adult who is kept harmless with busy work.  Yeah, Douglas is a bit of a screw up, but he's also mostly been written as a spoiled but still competent adult who escapes life's stresses with weed.  This episode made Douglas out to be entirely dysfunctional.  I get it, maybe that's to clear the path for Dele becoming the MaxDot crown prince, but it was a wild pendulum swing from last week's episode when he was admonishing his family prior to them meeting his girlfriend.

I really hope they don’t go the “wacky Jackie” route with Douglass  (how Jackie on Roseanne morphed into this caricature of a person)  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

Dele being upset the first time he sees a lot of blood does not mean he cannot become a doctor. Medical school instructors have seen students with that problem before. Many medical specialties do not involve seeing much blood.

The episode titles are often lines in the script. Did someone say "wrangling a greased pig"?

21 minutes ago, Driad said:

The episode titles are often lines in the script. Did someone say "wrangling a greased pig"?

No, but it probably refers to Kemi trying to pull Ogechi out of the bathtub. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

When Abishola was lamenting Dele's bad day at the hospital, I thought Bob would say something like "at least he doesn't want to be an influencer, could be worse." I really hope that Abishola finally accepts that Dele isn't going to be a doctor, he's not only unsuited for it he has no real desire to go into medicine. 

I always love Dele and Bob plots, it was so sweet when Dele said that he was third generation, Bob looked so pleasantly surprised at how easily Dele talks about himself as a part of the Wheeler family. I hope that we head into the direction of Dele following Bob's footsteps, especially if he decides he doesn't want to be a dancer professionally. It could be a compromise with his mom, head of a successful family business isn't being a doctor, but its still pretty good, right?

Kemi and Ogechi were cracking me up, the two of them have amazing comedic timing. They both looked so baffled when they realized they were actually getting along, and when Kemi walked off with the flowers. 

• Love 1

I don't get why having a bad reaction to seeing major surgery means 100% that Dele isn't cut out to be a doctor. Seems an extreme jump to me.

The side stories in this show continue to carry it. They are much funnier and more interesting than Bob & Abishola.

• Like 1
  • Love 1