Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E17: Genesis

• Start Topic

The NCIS team helps Naval intelligence officer Akhil Ali locate a fellow officer who went missing while recruiting foreign assets as potential sources of intelligence. Also, Callen and psychologist Nate Getz track down a man Callen believes was present for his training when he was young.

Wow..no posts at all on this episode?  Where to start..where to start.

I'm so sick of Callan and his quest.  Im sick of the deep fakes.  I'm sick of the Katya.  I'm sick of watching that stupid tape.  Please throw this never ending storyline on the trash heap along with Deeks and Kenzie's baby storyline.

I just want a normal storyline with all the shooting like we used to have. The one good thing is Nate.  Let him stay.

Bring back Hetty!!!!!

• Love 1

C'mon Nate! This dude is Hollywood's go-to dude for shady characters! I even recognized Jere Burns before he turned around! And where is that magical gizmo that can age a voice pattern and prove Callen's right? I'm pretty sure I've seen that deployed in other crime shows.

Yeah, it's really time to drop the Bourne Identity wannabe plot. At least Kensi and Deeks' baby drama seems to crawl to an end. A teenage foster daughter will cause less logistic problems than a baby. Also not particularly interested in Fatima's love-life.

This show needs a relaunch - something that the mothership managed to pull off amazingly well.

• Love 2

Pretty much agree with the other posts.  Not interested in any of their personal lives and the Callen thing should have been resolved years ago.

All I thought of when I saw Jere Burns' name in the credits was of his character on Dear John, lol.

It's nice having Nate around.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, NYGirl said:

I'm so sick of Callan and his quest.  Im sick of the deep fakes.  I'm sick of the Katya.  I'm sick of watching that stupid tape.  Please throw this never ending storyline on the trash heap along with Deeks and Kenzie's baby storyline.

ME TOO!  I'm so over the Callan angst and drama.  I don't care anymore.  And getting tired of the Deeks and Kenzie storyline as well.  I wonder if they'll end the season with her finding out she's pregnant or something.

I did like the joke Fatima made about dates at the end there though.

• Love 2

I'm in the minority here because I liked the Callen portion of this episode. It's different from the search for his family (that ended when he met Nikita, and then Alex and Jake). For the first time in awhile I'm interested in where a storyline goes. I hope the writers let him move ahead with Anna even if this Drona storyline goes into season 14. And I think the conversation (s) between Callen and Hetty once she returns to the show in season 14 could be really special. Loved seeing Nate again. This show really needs a resident operational psychiatrist. The scenes between Callen and Nate made the whole episode worthwhile. I hope he meets with Callen again because they have a great doctor-patient-friend vibe. Callen really started to loosen up and share things with Nate. And Chris O'Donnell was terrific. It's been too long since Callen's had scenes like this. Hope he has more scenes like these in season 14.

The case with the Iranian scientist was boring. It seemed like it was a reason to bring Ali back (not interested in Fatima starting a relationship or Rountree). The writer moved the Densi adoption storyline forward (I think they're going to adopt her friend Pilar). The adoption stuff didn't interfere with the main storyline, so it wasn't as annoying as it has been in other episodes.

I think the Sam-father storyline will be good, but to be honest I'm looking forward to the episode on May 15 that continues this Callen storyline.

• Love 1

While I am torn over my feelings for the deep fake storyline, I did have to laugh over the phone message for Kilbride.  The fact that he had to convince everyone that it wasn't serious was just laughable.  

Katya's obsessions seem to be mirrored by Callan's.  He is obsessing over this as much as Katya obsesses too.  Even Anna obsesses, even though she doesn't see it.  I wonder how much their "training" as kids got them to have that deep focus?  

I do have to say, I missed Nate.  His and Callen's relationship is so nice to watch, I love Callen and Sam's relationship, but this is something fresh, something we haven't seen for a while. 

I think I missed an episode somehow.  I don't remember this woman Callen is pursuing to give him information about training?  Australia were only a few days behind, then there was a double episode in the US and we didn't have one that week and fell behind.  Now I feel out of the loop. How did Callen come across her (not Katya)?

The parallel storyline with the Iranian, seemed so redundant.  It ended abruptly.  It seemed to be used to solely introduce that guy as a relationship pairing for Fatima. Sam played some random bit part, and Kensi and Deeks' potential adoption seemed so meh and in  the background after all the constant push for adoption, babies, desperation, blah blah blah.  

On 4/30/2022 at 12:00 AM, 123BP said:

I'm in the minority here because I liked the Callen portion of this episode. It's different from the search for his family (that ended when he met Nikita, and then Alex and Jake). For the first time in awhile I'm interested in where a storyline goes. I hope the writers let him move ahead with Anna even if this Drona storyline goes into season 14. And I think the conversation (s) between Callen and Hetty once she returns to the show in season 14 could be really special. Loved seeing Nate again. This show really needs a resident operational psychiatrist. The scenes between Callen and Nate made the whole episode worthwhile. I hope he meets with Callen again because they have a great doctor-patient-friend vibe. Callen really started to loosen up and share things with Nate. And Chris O'Donnell was terrific. It's been too long since Callen's had scenes like this. Hope he has more scenes like these in season 14.

Yup, this speaks for me. Callen and Nate were great together. I've always liked Nate anyway and it always made sense to have him on the show and I was really sad to see him go. I hope we'll see him again and I hope we'll see him again with Callen.

What bothers me the most about the Callen story is that I can't yet reconcile it with his established story. I mean, what does make sense is that this is how he ended up back in the United States. What doesn't make sense are the 30-something foster homes. Why did they test him and then send him out on the street and into foster homes? Or were those homes that received money from the government to take children like Callen?

Callen was always street smart, and I guess, he still is, but, at the moment, it makes more sense that Hetty kept track of him because of her involvement with Callen's mother rather than because Callen was in that testing program.

Don't have anything to add about the case of the week that hasn't already been said.