Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Bygones

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Cordell needs the help of someone from his past, but can they be trusted? Meanwhile, Trey shows James and August a new way to deal with some of life's frustrations.

Airdate: 04/28/2022

Walker had good chemistry with Twila. Maybe she can come back. 

He has a really good working relationship with Cassie, too.  

I wonder if any one  of those houses by the lake belonged to Jared (or Jensen) 😛😛

A solid episode that covered a lot of bases. I'm enjoying the dynamic between Cassie and Cordell. She's a bit of a goof, especially compared with Micki, but it's nice to see her partnership developing with Cordell. As much as I liked Micki, the show seemed determined to show just how good a Ranger she was (and often at Cordell's expense) so seeing Cordell as the senior officer and treated as such is always something that makes me happy.

I love Trey, but it seems like the show isn't quite sure what to do with him now that Micki is gone. He was brought in specifically to be her love interest and now that she's out of the picture, he really hasn't developed a storyline of his own. I hope that they can figure something out because I like him but for now, he just seems to be... there. For reasons. I guess.

I'm disappointed that Geri seems to be drinking the Davidson koolaid and abandoning the family that had taken her in since she was a kid. I get that she wants to know her blood kin, but this deep dive into their embrace and giving up her other relationships is very sad. Especially since she seems to be walking away (at least for now) from her relationship with Cordell. 

Speaking of the Davidsons... color me surprised that they were quick to put their stamp of ownership on the gates (and man... that had to grate on Bonham's nerves) while letting the whole ranch go to pot. They have no idea about how to manage the land and livestock and while I give Bonham credit that he wants to preserve what his family built over the past century, part of me wanted him to laugh in Dan's face about working for him to manage the ranch. It would serve the Davidsons right to have everything fall apart because none of them know what they are doing, but that would mean the animals suffering as a result. And maybe Bonham can use his position to keep an eye on things and find a way to regain their property.

Good to see Jared looking so well here, though I'm curious to see what they're going to do for the episodes where his recent injuries are going to affect filming. But he seriously needs to keep that suit because... *growls*.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Artsda said:

I like Walker and Twila's relationship.

I like them too but it's not one that I can see lasting too long. I really want Geri to get her head out of her rear end and see the Davidsons for who they are before she ruins what she has with Cordell in particular and the Walker family in general.

• Love 1

The obvious answer for Trey is he becomes a cop. The way they are handling him now isn't working. Or maybe he could take over running the bar. 

I am pretty annoyed by Stella. I don't understand her issues half the time. She is upset that she got into college. Stop being such a sour teen. I get some of that but I don't understand her angst. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bobcatkitten said:

She is upset that she got into college. Stop being such a sour teen. I get some of that but I don't understand her angst. 

I thought that it was pretty clear that the financial side of things was a major consideration. She did scan down to the cost of school and had mentioned that her college fund wouldn't cover it. With the family losing the ranch and having to start from the ground up, I could understand her questioning if going to a very good but very expensive school is the right thing at this point. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I like them too but it's not one that I can see lasting too long. I really want Geri to get her head out of her rear end and see the Davidsons for who they are before she ruins what she has with Cordell in particular and the Walker family in general.

This. x1000. 

• Love 1

I was wondering if they were going to bring Twyla back at some point.  Looks like they're going down the "redeemed criminal" path with her that is similar to Hoyt: only with the added bonus of being a possible love interest (again?) for Walker.  Realistically, I don't see a potential pairing working long term, but I do like the actress and she plays off Jared well enough to make it fun if they ever do pursue this development.

Sheesh, the Davidsons have pretty much already ran the Ranch to the ground?  Even have poisonous hemlock just hanging around?  Are they just not hiring anyone for upkeep out of spite or do they just not know what the hell they are doing?  At least Dan had the decency to acknowledge that he wasn't up to task, so I'll give him that small win.  But Bonham possibly now working as a glorified ranch hand might be interesting.  Although, again, I really wouldn't be surprised if the Walkers reclaim their home when this is all said and done.

I like Trey, but it is kind of funny that is obvious the show is still trying to figure out how to incorporate him with everyone else now that Micki is gone.  First it was getting a job at the school and now it's possibly being a therapist of some kind for the rangers!

4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Sheesh, the Davidsons have pretty much already ran the Ranch to the ground?  Even have poisonous hemlock just hanging around?  Are they just not hiring anyone for upkeep out of spite or do they just not know what the hell they are doing? 

Speaking as someone who's studied agriculture and worked around horses a lot, land maintenance is a never-ending job. Weeds and toxic plants just need a little bit of neglect before they overrun a pasture. The first rule of maintaining grazing land for animals is to make sure that there was nothing in there that could harm them. I'm going to be generous an assume that the Davidsons just don't know how to run a ranch properly (otherwise Ben wouldn't have tried to convince Bonham to take on the job of running the place).

• Love 2

While Twila was a huge breath of fresh air, not to mention very pretty, she still was overshadowed by Walker's goofiness and fumbling of his words!  I can't understand why they wanted to make Walker's character goofy and comical.

I'm hoping the Walker's daughter does go to college.  Maybe the character is being written out of the show.  They can write out Walker's son also.

I don't know if the show has been renewed or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if this season is the last.

(edited)

Walker has been renewed for a third season.  
Since Batwoman  and Legends  of Tomorrow have been cancelled, the network will need shows.

Maybe this means the Walker prequel and the Supernatural prequel will be given orders beyond the pilots.  

Edited by Dmags21
On 4/29/2022 at 10:45 AM, Hana Chan said:
On 4/29/2022 at 10:41 AM, Bobcatkitten said:

She is upset that she got into college. Stop being such a sour teen. I get some of that but I don't understand her angst. 

I thought that it was pretty clear that the financial side of things was a major consideration. She did scan down to the cost of school and had mentioned that her college fund wouldn't cover it. With the family losing the ranch and having to start from the ground up, I could understand her questioning if going to a very good but very expensive school is the right thing at this point. 

I do wonder if they will address the fact that the Walkers are basically homeless (and I guess renting? maybe) would help in getting financial aid for the ever annoying Stella to go to college out of the area.  We can only hope...