Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Follow Me

• Start Topic

Streaming on AMC+. Enter at your own risk for spoilers before the scheduled airdate.

Airdate 04.17.22

Alicia takes refuge in the home of a mysterious stranger; with her fevers growing worse and Arno pursuing her at every turn, Alicia is forced to confront the failings of her past and how she will face her future.

Snooze fest. 

Why was he wearing an earing aid if it does nothing?  Don't know, 

Where does he get his electricity?  Don't know,

Why was he still alive while attracting walkers with the sound?  Don't know,

Could he just put headphones?  Don't know,

Season 6 Headphones GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Love 2

Who wrote and directed this episode? This was the worst. 

When they slipped into the van and the walkers ignored them while they chatted, that's when I realized how bad an actor the dude was.

Arno was right there. Why would the dude need to radio him to meet back at the house?

How is a house full of windows soundproof?

Alicia runs away from the house, sees a little girl and passes out. Then we she her all feverish like she was in the beginning of the episode but now she's with Morgan and he asks about Arno. I am so confused. Does this mean the whole episode was just a fever dream? But then we see Arno whining about treating a bite wound he received the night before. What is this foolishness?

• Love 2

So Alicia's big plan is to ... run run and run some more until she passes out again from one of her fevers and hope she is yet again rescued by a kindly stranger she'll likely get killed so she can run some more until she runs into another kindly stranger and so on and so on? Sure. I guess as long as a walker in a fever dream tells her to do it, it's fine.

My viewing was kind of hit or miss at the end of the last half season so maybe I'm missing something, but Alicia was leading all the now walkers in a trailer cage and that's why they're walkers in a trailer cage? And that's why Arno is expending all this energy and resources chasing her while dragging them all around? Much like with the mother show, I have a hard time with the idea that in a world where survival requires such a degree of constant effort that people really have time or inclination to be carrying out long running chase scenarios or enacting complicated revenge plots. But maybe in a universe where Netflix is no longer a thing and you no longer have much else to look forward to, it's a time occupier? I don't know. This episode also starred a deaf guy who left alone a post nuclear apocalyptic wasteland apparently had no bigger concerns than chasing down a stereo.

At least Alicia's finally got her distinctive ZA look together, I suppose.

• Love 2

You know when it's a dream or hallucination because the sides of the screen get all spinny or everything is yellow. 

1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

My viewing was kind of hit or miss at the end of the last half season so maybe I'm missing something,

I skipped this show for about 4 seasons (apparently when it was good) and started again at the start of this season, for reasons known not even to me. Part of my enjoyment is snarking on the live post, and since that doesn't happen for Fear, why am I even bothering? 

That last question was rhetorical. 

5 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

When they slipped into the van and the walkers ignored them while they chatted, that's when I realized how bad an actor the dude was.

Yup. Bad actor and really, really awful script. 

• Love 1

I really loved the premise of the nuclear fallout story and the potential rise of Strand as villain that we would actually get to see from the ground up. I also find many of the actors and their characters more likable than a lot of those on the mothership. For the most part they're not nihilistic assholes for the sake of assholery and that goes a long way with me at this point in this long long running franchise.

But like so many things with this show, the execution was so hit or miss that I never got around to watching the last couple of episodes before the break. So I still don't know WHY Alicia apparently decided on her go go gadget zombie arm attachment after she got bitten and don't really care enough to go back and find out.

• Love 1

This was a really bad episode to return from a break to. It centered mostly around a new character we've never met before, only to have that character die by the end of the episode. It was entirely pointless. I can't even remember why the bunker people are chasing Alicia. 

And how long are they going to drag out this "she's dying, but not yet" thing? Didn't Gabriel actually recover from a Walker bite? We know it's possible. For as sick as she is, she should be dead by now.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This was a really bad episode to return from a break to. It centered mostly around a new character we've never met before, only to have that character die by the end of the episode. It was entirely pointless. I can't even remember why the bunker people are chasing Alicia. 

And how long are they going to drag out this "she's dying, but not yet" thing? Didn't Gabriel actually recover from a Walker bite? We know it's possible. For as sick as she is, she should be dead by now.

I thought Gabriel's problem was ingestion or some other contamination of walker goo. 

However since their porous and cut filled skin is always knee deep in walker goo, I don't think the issue can really be addressed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

how long are they going to drag out this "she's dying, but not yet" thing? Didn't Gabriel actually recover from a Walker bite? We know it's possible. For as sick as she is, she should be dead by now.

Not just Gabriel,  also Morgan at the beginning of the last season;

image.thumb.png.5b90f26d499e48e9f6f6197fbc7af244.png

Edited by heisenberg
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, heisenberg said:

Snooze fest. 

Why was he wearing an earing aid if it does nothing?  Don't know, 

Where does he get his electricity?  Don't know,

Why was he still alive while attracting walkers with the sound?  Don't know,

Could he just put headphones?  Don't know,

Season 6 Headphones GIF by Parks and Recreation

He is hearing impaired and uses the aids in real life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, connieinnc said:

He is hearing impaired and uses the aids in real life.

Oh, ok, I did not know thanks.  

So this tell me that the show made it a worthless piece of tech,  like if they did not know what it was for.   But it just goes with the rest, the sound system was also pretty lame.

• Like 1

I just watched Talking Dead, and Paul was played by Warren "Wawa" Snipe, who is indeed a deaf musician. Very interesting gentlemen. I'll give the show credit for the realistic casting. Unfortunately, the script was still crap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Thanks.

2 winters ago I got deaf for about 3-4 months.   It came back but now I have an earing aid that I use...  "Sometimes"😉.

In his case an earing aid is supposed to help somehow, Example,  when the dude knocked on the door besides him, maybe in real life he would have noticed it... 

But not in the show,  you see where I am going?  It also goes with the scenario like you say.

Edited by heisenberg

I just watched Talking Dead, and Paul was played by Warren "Wawa" Snipe, who is indeed a deaf musician. Very interesting gentlemen. I'll give the show credit for the realistic casting. Unfortunately, the script was still crap.

And maybe a little too gimmicky? I mean, did the writers conceive of the idea about a deaf man and then hire this guy? Or did they hire this guy and then write a script for him? Because the idea of a hearing impaired person in the Walking Dead universe isn't exactly a new idea. They weren't covering interesting new territory here and they really didn't establish anything important. It was a pure character piece and kind of pointless IMO as a one-off.

Sometimes I think both shows are written mainly to service Talking Dead.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Superclam said:

I think its "purpose" was to give Alicia some kind of spiritual guidance regarding Padre.

By searching a 1980's amplifier with the sacrifice of another red shirt...  Yep!  😂

Well it was a fortelling, that they had haggis mentioned on the episode, because the writing was full of it....one positive takeaway was having Beethoven spotlighted, as it was nice to have a classical composer get a nod...