Type keyword(s) to search

Jack Crawford: Risking Anything to Solve a Case

Lisin

To me, dickishness would require him to be more thoughtlessly self-centered. Instead, I think he really is doing what he thinks is best on behalf of their work and saving lives. He has to make unpleasant decisions and serious sacrifices, and that has made him a bit of a hard-ass, but not one without conscience.

• Love 1

Doesn't mean he can't be a dick, too.

He is a hard-nosed, hard-driving boss. Since they deal in life and death, you kind of expect that. Yet, in Season 1, Jack seemed to be unnecessarily dickish to everyone at sometime or other.  I think once I saw that, I was okay with him because Jack wasn't gunning for just one person. He was equal opportunity assy.

So far this season, Bella's been foremost in his headspace, as it would. He hasn't softened at work, but he seems same ol' Jack there and on a case. He's a bit more assy with Will, like tonight's " Then why did I bring you here?" I flinched when Jack practically spat that.

I hope that Will not going to his standard accusation means that Jack actually looks  hard at the last few cases and connects the dots for himself. Other than Beverly's death, I'm not sure what would motivate him right now to do that.

Jack was touched be Beverly's death beyond what he would admit.  He was professional in breaking the news to the science duo, the office staff, and Will, but he broke down there for a moment at the crime scene.  Jack gets emotionally involved in cases even though he would not admit it; it is when he is frustrated by them that he becomes more hard nosed.  When Beverly admitted that she had been talking to Will he was loud, but not discouraging.  He is emotionally compromised already with Bella, so Beverly's death is going to push him farther.

He's a bit more assy with Will, like tonight's " Then why did I bring you here?" I flinched when Jack practically spat that.

That little hissy made me wonder "why are you head of the BSU?" Seriously, has Jack ever successfully profiled a killer or demonstrated any aptitude in that area? His response at a crime scene is always to call in a ringer like Will or Hannibal. He even apparently values crazy-Will's analysis over his own.

• Love 1

This weekend I caught part of "What's Love Got to Do with It" while fipping through the channels, with Fishburne in such a very un-Jack-Crawford like role ...  unless we soon see him going all Ike to Will's Tina and dragging Will by the hair.

• Love 1

Lawrence is on an ABC show/comedy next season.  This concerns me because I love his Jack.  His version of Jack is much warmer & involved than book Jack.  He might also be more of a player too.  But I love it.  He is the matchmaker for the bromance!

I've been wondering if he doesn't survive his fight with Hannibal. At the beginning of the season I assumed he would, but after Dr. Scully's line about Hannibal convincing Will to kill someone he loves, I've been rethinking this assessment.

• Love 1

Maybe the schedule was such that Mr. Fishburne gets to work both? It's not like it hasn't been done; our own Gillian Anderson was recently filming Crisis and The Fall. Maybe the role on the other show is not as time intensive as the role of Jack. 

I hope it's not too greedy, but getting Lawrence twice a week sounds like a good thing!

• Love 1

I haven't watched Crisis but I get the impression she's not a lead character.  I have no idea about The Fall.  Glad she's working so much!  

I guess he could do two shows, but one is filmed in Toronto and the other is filmed in LA so that concerns me.  And while Jack is only in a few scenes per ep, they're always important.  I would hate to see him limited like that had to do with Anderson this season.  

I hope Lawrence doesn't leave. It would not give good closure to the story imo. It has been a dance between Jack, Will and Hannibal, all playing cat and mouse with each other. All going on different journeys, seeking their own truth and trying to win out. Basically, I want to see Jack get Hannibal.

• Love 2

Lawrence is on an ABC show/comedy next season.  This concerns me because I love his Jack.  His version of Jack is much warmer & involved than book Jack.  He might also be more of a player too.  But I love it.  He is the matchmaker for the bromance!

Fishburne is an executive producer of Black-ish, along with Anthony Anderson. I'm sure he can make the schedule work, especially as Hannibal presumably won't start filming S3 for quite a while, given that it's not fall premiere.

• Love 1

I've been wondering if he doesn't survive his fight with Hannibal. At the beginning of the season I assumed he would, but after Dr. Scully's line about Hannibal convincing Will to kill someone he loves, I've been rethinking this assessment.

I keep thinking about that line, too. Not a throwaway comment.

I keep thinking about that line, too. Not a throwaway comment.

What it it's not about Will, but Alana?

• Love 1