Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: T'N'T

• Start Topic

After Janey and Captain Joe left the impression that he was the first post divorce fling we get a wait a minute T and T. Although "TnT" with a Filipino lead also works for the ammo bunker technician living off the grid. 

Ernie the stealth baller with a jealous Lucy over the couple's shoulders was a nice bit along with the get over yourself smackdown issued by the Abby replacement. And I guess the team all decided to take a vacation or did Gary Cole have some other reason to go to Hawai'i. It seemed odd to bring him in to drive an Uber. I guess none of the other cast agents have developed a proper snark towards suspects for that cameo.

2 hours ago, Raja said:

I guess the team all decided to take a vacation or did Gary Cole have some other reason to go to Hawai'i. It seemed odd to bring him in to drive an Uber. I guess none of the other cast agents have developed a proper snark towards suspects for that cameo.

I thought they stated that Spooner was working in Fortress' main HQ, which was near Washington DC,

so Parker just travelled only a few miles to "pick him up".

So, when did you catch on that Valderrama had a different shooting schedule and was never actually "there" alongside the others??

(I loved that photoshopped picture at that end.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Nick Torres radiates d-bag vibe no matter where he goes. Still not liking this character and the actor. I have stopped watching NCIS after Gibb left.

Jane and her team really grow on me. Love their team dynamic. Just get rid of Whistler, the actress is so wooden.

If they get renewed for S2, I hope the show will stop applying color filter/tint to every scenes. Look at how Magnum PI appreciates Hawaii scenery.

Cool momento from the crossover! ❤️ 

3E207B10-C01B-4AB2-8634-4FAAB5022A3E.jpeg

• Love 2

As far as crossovers go that was okay. I struggle a bit to consider that Torres could be Tennant's type but 'Orlando' provided the necessary comic relief. We're probably too close to all the Whistler drama but Lucy's eye-rolling at Ernie being smitten with Knight got on my nerves.

• Love 3

After sitting through the episode of NCIS for nothing because I had thought it was needed to understand the plot on Hawaii (it wasn't), I did find this episode a lot more enjoyable than the NCIS episode.

I liked the banter between Ernie and Katrina Law and Lucy's amazement/annoyance.  The only thing is, it seemed like there were sparks between Ernie and Katrina, but Katrina is going back to DC so they're not going to see each other regularly.

I agree that I don't see how or why Jane would have gotten together with Torres.  He has no charisma.  Also, how long has she been in charge of Pearl?  I think based on the flashbacks with Maggie, it's been 10 years, right?  When she was getting together with Melius, didn't she say something about how the commander of Pearl can't easily be seen dating and jumping into bed with another naval officer, because what would people say.  Are we to assume that this whatever it was or wasn't with Torres happened more than 10 years ago?  The timeline doesn't fit, because I thought that prior to assuming command of Pearl, she was traipsing the world and drinking ouzo shots with Maggie in Afghanistan and other far flung places.  

If Torres and Jessica Knight can fly all the way to Hawaii, why couldn't Melius have made the trip too?  Is he ever coming back?

On my screen, that photo montage looked completely photoshopped.  Not just Wilmer, but all of them.  

Edited by blackwing

I think that Tenant has been the Special Agent in Charge for a relatively short period. Not knowing when Orlando conference happened besides after she joined NCIS, TnT have the ex long term undercover assignments in common.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, blackwing said:

If Torres and Jessica Knight can fly all the way to Hawaii, why couldn't Melius have made the trip too?  Is he ever coming back?

Capt. Joe Milius will be back for the season finale on May 23.

37 minutes ago, blackwing said:

On my screen, that photo montage looked completely photoshopped.  Not just Wilmer, but all of them.

I thought the same thing.  Completely artificial.  Valderrama just looked obviously completely out of vibe with the others, but everybody looked superimposed over a green screen backdrop.

So, from something someone said upthread....  Wilmer Valderrama and Katrina Law had different shooting schedules?  It seems strange for a crossover episode that the characters "crossing over" wouldn't have scenes together where they could nudge elbows and roll eyes over how things are so different here than at home.  I was in and out during the episode with my dog, so I just thought I'd missed scenes of them together. 

14 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I thought the same thing.  Completely artificial.  Valderrama just looked obviously completely out of vibe with the others, but everybody looked superimposed over a green screen backdrop.

So, from something someone said upthread....  Wilmer Valderrama and Katrina Law had different shooting schedules?  It seems strange for a crossover episode that the characters "crossing over" wouldn't have scenes together where they could nudge elbows and roll eyes over how things are so different here than at home.  I was in and out during the episode with my dog, so I just thought I'd missed scenes of them together. 

I agree, it seems odd.  On the NCIS episode, Torres disappeared midway through and said he was on his way to Hawaii.  So presumably he was shooting scenes in Hawaii, while Law stayed behind and shot scenes for the NCIS episode.  Even if they wanted to stagger the schedules so both of them weren't away at the same time, they couldn't have had them overlap in Hawaii for one day?  The tail end of his schedule and the beginning of hers?  It wouldn't have taken long to shoot a scene in the office together.

I don’t watch NCIS so sad Torres and worried that he was some new love interest for Jane.  So happy when I realized it was a cross over and am ready for Milius to return!!

On 3/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Capt. Joe Milius will be back for the season finale on May 23.

I forget, wasn't it said that Enver Gjokaj was starring in a new show, which is why they wrote him out of this series?  I can't find any info on what that new show is or was.  I hope he comes back as a regular character for Season 2.

6 hours ago, blackwing said:

I forget, wasn't it said that Enver Gjokaj was starring in a new show, which is why they wrote him out of this series?  I can't find any info on what that new show is or was.  I hope he comes back as a regular character for Season 2.

I don’t think EG has been written out, maybe they “sent him away” because of scheduling etc. Same arrangement with his character in The Rookie, he’s moving to San Francisco or something.

I read somewhere that he appeared in Resident Alien’s mid season finale recently.