Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Workout Leggings, $29

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m kind of so-so on this show - I’ll watch if it’s on but I don’t really seek it out. That said, I really enjoyed The Supremes number at the end. 

But they didn’t include the original Supreme - Sandra Day O’Connor. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

That fitness instructor in the park was Josh from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend! And it looks like he might become their sperm donor. I hope we see more from him.

As always, I like Marina and Denise's friendship, though it was nice of them to make a new Ab-normal group for Connor. I bet he's feeling lonely after Jojo left.

Edited by Cress
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2022 at 10:46 PM, Stats Queen said:

But they didn’t include the original Supreme - Sandra Day O’Connor. 

Or the latest, Amy Coney Barrett. Hmm, what makes those two different?

• Love 2

Ohh, Josh Chan!  Hey Josh, hey!!

I think I Laughed for a minute straight when Connor said 'You know what?  The heart is a muscle too.  And you just tore mine.  And there is no massage gun for that."  Just the cheesiness of the line (sounds like something from a Tom/Sarah collab) and his line delivery just tickled me so.

My other big laugh came from Marina running wildly away with the stretch band still across her legs.  Good physical comedy there. 

The pair ups this episode was fun.  I continue to love the Marina/Denise friendship and I liked Connor calling Denise his "little sis'"  but I really enjoyed Connor with them.  Sarah and Tom being the two most uptight  of the siblings was fun to watch too. I like how the show peppers little anecdotes about the siblings fights as they grew up.  Also Sarah knowing to go after Tom with tickle fingers in just the right place for maximum effect is such a sibling thing.

I am liking Sarah's co-worker quite a bit.  He is so over the top but you gotta like a man who will admit to low keu wanting Sarah to fail so he can ascend.  LOL.

And finally I love that the show name checked Wilma Mankiller.  I remember having a mad crush on her name.

• Love 4

Here is what happened for me while the season went on: Denise and Marina became the best couple that were the most fun and interesting. Connor was ok but Jo Jo was not. Tom and Sarah can go, especially Sarah who is a pretty bad character all around.

If they can keep most A-plots for Denise and Marina I am good to go but Tom and Sarah centric episodes will lead me to move on.

• Love 1

I saw an episode or two of this last year and basically forgot about!  Anyway caught this episode and enjoyed it.  I feel like, assuming this episode is a good example, that they've upped their game from last year.  I am totally confused about something though - when I last saw this show Sarah and her partner were really struggling financially and had two children -- now they are trying for a baby?  Did their circumstances change somewhere along the way?

• Love 1
On 3/27/2022 at 8:45 PM, SusanM said:

I last saw this show Sarah and her partner were really struggling financially and had two children -- now they are trying for a baby?  Did their circumstances change somewhere along the way?

Besides Sarah getting a high paying job, Denise started to crave a baby when Marina had a pregnancy scare and Tom tried to comfort her by talking up the good things about babies. Denise said that since the kids were adopted, she didn't experience pregnancy, and now she wanted that. Sarah at first didn't want to have another kid, but eventually came on board.

Personally, I think they need to save more money and get a bigger apartment or house first. If Connor's lonely, why can't he let Sarah and Denise move in to his house? Maybe set aside a suite of rooms for them, or if he has a guest house, let them rent that?