Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Gold Rush

• Start Topic

When Snow White operatives attempt to get into the Federal Reserve’s vault, Val races against time to prevent an economic collapse.

Original Airdate: Monday, March 21     10:00PM     NBC

Amir Malaklou as Ahmed Abdel
Scott Drummond as Scott McPherson
Vasile Flutur as Pasha Antonov
Sean Boyce Johnson as Oscar
Nhumi Threadgill as Garcelle
Tony Naumovski as Ivan Aslanov
Joel Haberli as Seamus Plymouth
Sahar Milani as Ameera Ojjeh
Dipa Anitia as Special Ops Tech Valbrun
William Oliver Watkins as HRT Leader
Jesse Daniel Pimentel as Sebastian
Gwendolyn Ellis as Julia Swanstrom
Nneka Okafor as Diane Maxwell
NUP_196755_00058.jpg
NUP_196755_00496.jpg
NUP_196755_00762.jpg

I was able to predict all the twists that they put into the episode. I don't understand why the FBI doesn't request security footage of what Owen is doing in prison so they can figure out where he is keeping his cell phone. They would see him not on a cell phone at the times of the calls and who he spends most of his time with. It almost seems like a flaw in the plot, for the FBI to provoke Owen to take action and then not observe what his actions were.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't understand why the FBI doesn't request security footage of what Owen is doing in prison so they can figure out where he is keeping his cell phone.

That would seem obvious but not to this show.  I'd love to know exactly how it is that Sergei is in the same prison and that no one seems to know he is?

So they break into the Federal Reserve and stash a fake gold bar with what looks like a 48 hour timer?  So of course there's no security camera's in the vault as well because it's supposedly so impenetrable?

Of course Doak took all the credit himself.  Also, if the FBI is so worried about the judge why wouldn't you scoop her up and have her in custody already?

• Love 1

Was it really their boast that a few small propane canisters would develop enough heat to vaporize a room full of gold bars?  Please.  And I wonder at the devotion of Elena's minions that they will suffer a life sentence on a federal terrorism conviction, because, with the exception of the earlier escapes, it seems very likely that the rest of the hench crowd will be captured.

• Love 1

Loved Elena's biker jacket, she looked like a million bucks in that. Wasn't feeling those elephant-leg pants she was wearing in the Fort though.

I had a good laugh at the fake gold bar with the handy LED lights on the front. It's silly but I'll call it a tribute to a similar scene in The Fifth Element and leave it at that.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I had a good laugh at the fake gold bar with the handy LED lights on the front. It's silly but I'll call it a tribute to a similar scene in The Fifth Element and leave it at that.

Even Pasha attached a flashing LED to his gift bag bomb... That timer is set for 48 minutes... 

• Love 1

Does Elena know that Sergei is alive, or not? 

They have implied that she does (the light code), but then she keeps talking about him in the past tense. I know she's being coy, but this part doesn't make sense.  Or is she referring to "loss" as "he's behind bars"?

18 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

And I wonder at the devotion of Elena's minions that they will suffer a life sentence on a federal terrorism conviction, because, with the exception of the earlier escapes, it seems very likely that the rest of the hench crowd will be captured.

Elena has enough dirt on "The Criminal Justice System" to plead everyone down to jaywalking... Also, except for dehydration & hunger, nobody is getting hurt....

11 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Does Elena know that Sergei is alive, or not? 

They have implied that she does (the light code), but then she keeps talking about him in the past tense. I know she's being coy, but this part doesn't make sense.  Or is she referring to "loss" as "he's behind bars"?

She slipped up last episode and referred  to their relationship  in the present tense.   Then corrected herself.  She knows.  Sergei and she are working the same plan.   

Edited by mythoughtis

Maybe Elena is playing Sergei so that she can bust Owen out of jail and they can run off with the gold from the Fed. bank, because apparently no one thought about what to do with the giant hole in the wall afterwards.

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Maybe Elena is playing Sergei so that she can bust Owen out of jail and they can run off with the gold from the Fed. bank,

Unless she also finds Simon Gruber and his decoy dump trucks, whatever fits in an SUV will be the maximum withdrawal...

Getting a little confused.  If Owen is working with Elena and he hears that Val was almost killed, does he really have that much of a cold cold heart?  He couldn't even admit that he's in cahoots?  I don't like the whole Owen-Sergei story line and have no clue what's happening there.

Val and the guy with the mop on his head.  So of course the guy with all the technology can't get into the safe room.  Val kills one guy, and then two, but runs out of ammo.  And doesn't think to take the dead guy's machine gun that's just lying there?  KNOWING that there is a third gunman in the house?  WTH?  And was the door to the safe room really stuck and he somehow got it open?  Because that's where he was hiding when Val came up on the unsuspecting gunman and knocked him out cold.  What kind of a safe room is so obvious?  

41 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

And was the door to the safe room really stuck and he somehow got it open? 

A trap. Val left it open enough to be noticed, but not enough for a clean shot.

2 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Val kills one guy, and then two, but runs out of ammo. 

I always laugh at tv shootouts where both parties pop up, squeeze off a few rounds in the general direction of their opponent, and then duck down or behind whatever cover they have, to be followed shortly by the other party doing exactly the same thing.  Don't wait for your target to actually make an appearance, right?

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

I always laugh at tv shootouts where both parties pop up, squeeze off a few rounds in the general direction of their opponent, and then duck down or behind whatever cover they have, to be followed shortly by the other party doing exactly the same thing.  Don't wait for your target to actually make an appearance, right?

• LOL 1