Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: A Good Boy

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Determined to save Max and Rachel, Jenny reluctantly partners with T-lock but quickly learns not everyone deserves her trust. Meanwhile, with Cassie and Lindor close on their trail, Scarlett prepares to do whatever it takes to keep her and Ronald safe. Later, realizing their father has not laid all cards on the table, Ren and Jag form an unexpected alliance to uncover the truth.

Original Airdate: THURSDAY, March 17, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.

161240_4812.jpg

Whelp, at least some bodies dropped in this one!

At long last, it looks like Ronald's reign of terror has finally come to an end.  Sure, he managed to somehow recover very quickly (that was a hell of a drug Doctor Benito Martinez gave him!) and he even dodge both Wolfgang and Lindor after they comically shot one another (seriously, I was howling when that happened), but it seems like he finally met his end fittingly thanks to an actual hook in the neck from Cassie herself!  I can't see him coming back from that, I think.  Maybe?  Normally, I would wish Brian Geraghty nothing but the best on his next endeavor, but let us be real here.  There is totally a chance he'll be back.  Either Ronald can somehow miraculously survive that deathblow (added bonus if he has to talk with a voice box for the rest of his time), or we have another mysterious twin arrive.  Hey, if any show would dip into that well again it would be this one!

But despite getting stabbed in the back of the neck, it sounds like Scarlett's still alive?  And judging from the previews for next week, even escapes?  Ha!  Classic Big Sky!

I'm guessing both Lindor and Wolfgang will pull through though (sadly, in the latter's case.)

Also, fare thee well, T-Lock.  Sure, you were an idiotic, creepy sleazeball who wasn't a "good guy" like Jenny tried to claim to make Max and her mom feel better, and willing called yourself T-Lock after-all, but you did try to do the right thing in the end, at least.  But if you do come back as a zombie, next time go for a second shot to the head in case your opponent is wearing a bulletproof vest. 

Looks like Travis is hiding the money for now.  I'm guessing he's going to try and use it to get more of Daddy Bhullar's favor, instead of just simply being dirty.

So, it looks like Alicia is a relatively new player to the game, and now both Ren and Jag think she is working some kind of angle here.  But it also sounds like she and Verr are keeping something hidden from the children as well.  Have no idea what's going on.  Except I'm hoping it ends with Alicia and Ren teaming up, because they're the only characters that really interest me at this point.

• Love 5

Did this show actually just make me feel sorry for T-Lock? He seemed like a different character the last couple of episodes, but kudos to the actor.

Finally, Ronald and his borderline super human healing and strength powers come to an end. His final words were ridiculous yet sad.

Did he kill Benito that quickly? I was hoping for a better end for the doc. I still love the actor from The Shield.

I'm so bored with Travis and Scarlett.

I did enjoy the banter with Ren and Jag, and Alicia is intriguing. Is she power hungry, a fed, something? 

She's been dating a drug kingpin for 4 months, and she's essentially allowed to overhear business decisions? When not listening to Alanis, of course.

Here's the weekly Save Phoebe comment.

Sue me, I'm still enjoying this dumb show.

• Love 3

I'm not sure why I'm still watching this but somehow I can't look away.  Is there anyone who hasn't been shot yet?  Maybe the Office Manager and Secretary of Occasional Exposition?  Anyway, I can say one good thing.  It doesn't take too long to catch up with posts on it here.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 3/18/2022 at 1:05 AM, Frisky Wig said:

Like @thuganomics85 said, that shot the doctor gave Ronald was incredible! In, what, 3 4 seconds, Ronald went from unconscious to barely able to speak a few words to sitting up, standing up and breaking said doctors neck. Damn! 

Like others are saying,  I just laughed my head off with the ridiculousness of the stand off, and Ronald's miraculous recovery from death's door. This plays more like a bad comedy than a thrilling drama. What a shame,  it really started off so well, now it's a joke.

Edited by jrzy
More clarity to my comments
  • Love 3

I hope CJ Box made a lot of money selling his book  rights so they could make this show ,otherwise he must be heartbroken over what they’ve done to his characters.   

Phoebe, the office manager and Sheriff Tubbs can stay. Everyone else can leave.  

• Love 3

This show has basically become morbid slapstick comedy. People need to learn to stop delivering lengthy monologues with their enemies! The zombie power of characters on this show is impressive. Pretty much everyone on this show has been mortally wounded, only to magically regenerate by the next scene/episode. I loved Ronald going from on his deathbed to somehow murdering the doctor by Hulking out thanks to the Power of Love 20 seconds after being injected with tepid prop water. And Scarlett regenerates enough to escape after laying motionless and unresponsive for 10-15 minutes, but Ronald is (finally) taken out with the exact same injury? Okay.

That banana peel shootout between Wolfgang/Lindor was basically the Dear Sister SNL skit.

I...felt the worst for T-Locke? What is happening?

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Big Sky changes its genre from a drama to a sci-fi comedy thriller. 

When Ronald cut Cassie with the hook I actually shouted for Ronald to get the gun and pull the trigger and end Cassie's time on the show.  

Either Ren and Alicia are teaming up or Alicia is an undercover agent.

I think Travis was going to tell Jen about what he was going to do with the money but that's when she received a call about Cassie.  He gives the money to Ren in the previews but I wonder if it's a plan.