Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E03 In Your Blood

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

Hawaii, 1984: As Lia prepares for her trial, she puts Ata in charge of her wrestling promotion and all the problems that come with it. Rocky begins to feel overshadowed by his partner, Tony Atlas. Dewey goes head-to-head with a new classmate.

Original Air Date: March 29, 2022

Guest Stars
Chelsey Crisp as Casey
Christopher Chen as Sandy
Kevin Makely as Macho Man
Brett Azar as Iron Sheik
Josh Thomson as Bob
Ronny Chieng as Greg Yao
Adam Ray as Vince McMahon
Antuone Torbert as Tony Atlas
Kiff VandenHeuvel as Pat Patterson
Maua Fuifui as Peter Maivia

I always enjoy the scenes with the '80s wrestlers.  

I don't know what the confrontation between young Rock and the young Sean Astin character was going to be, but I never would have guessed that it was a ladder match.

I used to watch Days of Our Lives back in those days (made me swear off soap operas), so it was fun to see clips from that era.  

• Love 6
On 3/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, rmontro said:

I always enjoy the scenes with the '80s wrestlers.  

I don't know what the confrontation between young Rock and the young Sean Astin character was going to be, but I never would have guessed that it was a ladder match.

I used to watch Days of Our Lives back in those days (made me swear off soap operas), so it was fun to see clips from that era.  

The first televised WWF Ladder Match was Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon at WrestleMania X in '94. Stampede Wrestling had been doing them from the 70s, though. So we can give them a pass. Some of the wrestlers would have known Stampede Wrestling.

I do love the 80s wrestlers. They've really cast them so well. I love that George Steele didn't have to talk but was adequately hairy

Edited by Traveller519
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

The scenes with the Youngest Rock really might be some of my favorites due to seeing all of the old school wrestlers.  Fun seeing the likes of "Classy" Freddy Blassie and Pat Patterson get some lines, but I even enjoy just the glimpses of the likes of Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, and George Steele.

Definitely wonder if there was any truth to Rocky's resentment towards Tony Atlas and how a lot of it was because it was always booked for him to be the one that gets tossed around and then tag in Tony to save the day.  I also wonder if Ata really did help pave the way towards introducing soap opera elements into pro wrestling.

Not surprised Dwayne didn't actually try to kill Julian/Sean Astin, but it definitely looks like it's getting to him.  I'm guessing him finally making a tweet about it is going to backfire on him and pave the way to have more flashbacks to how Dwayne's emotions get the better of him at times.

Heh, Randall Park auditioned to play Elliot Ness at one point.  I wonder who was up for that film's version of Al Capone!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I even enjoy just the glimpses of the likes of Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, and George Steele.

Definitely wonder if there was any truth to Rocky's resentment towards Tony Atlas and how a lot of it was because it was always booked for him to be the one that gets tossed around and then tag in Tony to save the day.  I also wonder if Ata really did help pave the way towards introducing soap opera elements into pro wrestling.

I wondered the same thing

Lol, the guy who played George the Animal Steele looked like he had several pounds of fur glued to his body.

• Love 1
(edited)

I would totally watch a movie with Randall Park playing Elliot Ness. 

Tiny Sean Astin was a real prick, I had no idea what he meant when he said little Dwayne "tried to kill him" but I certainly didn't see it being a ladder race for his dads championship belt.

Young Rock is still my favorite time period, I love seeing all of the 80s era wrestlers, they always crack me up and they're all so well cast. And the wrestling industry was forever changed when Ata realized what would really sell...melodrama! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, tennisgurl said:

Tiny Sean Astin was a real prick, I had no idea what he meant when he said little Dwayne "tried to kill him" but I certainly didn't see it being a ladder race for his dads championship belt.

I found it really annoying that neither Dewey nor his mom would just ask Rocky to stop by school one day.  I bet if Dewey told his father that the kids were huge fans or something, he cold have convinced him to come.  He's pretty ego-driven.