Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Laugh Now Cry Later

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Zoey and Aaron’s relationship is put to the test when she has to decide between a new job opportunity and following Aaron on his new career adventure. Ana is unsure about what to do before starting law school and leans on an old love for advice. Doug’s feelings for Jazz grow.

Airdate: 03/17/2022

I would think Aaron would be relieved to be timezones away from Zooey's horrible behavior. Her "I'm going to South Africa" was sickening, she culd't let the poor guy have a second of attention. It is literally all about her. Can you imagine how she'd behave if she was in South Africa and not getting attention? Run, Aaron. Run and don't look back.

I love my MOT Nomi but she did this to herself. She wants Phil on her terms and only hers, and sees him as a secondary figure, and he's pushing back. Honestly, she shouldn't have brought him into Luna's life, if she didn't expect him to want a say in Luna's life. 

So, is the show ending? 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, dungeonwriter said:

I would think Aaron would be relieved to be timezones away from Zooey's horrible behavior. Her "I'm going to South Africa" was sickening, she culd't let the poor guy have a second of attention. It is literally all about her. Can you imagine how she'd behave if she was in South Africa and not getting attention? Run, Aaron. Run and don't look back.

I love my MOT Nomi but she did this to herself. She wants Phil on her terms and only hers, and sees him as a secondary figure, and he's pushing back. Honestly, she shouldn't have brought him into Luna's life, if she didn't expect him to want a say in Luna's life. 

So, is the show ending? 

She really is a disgusting character, isn't she? I loathe her, and honestly, the show has grown past her childish immaturity like two seasons ago at least. The ensemble cast is so much better than Yara at this point, and the story lines are just clogged up with her constant needed attention whining and opining. She's a lot of her character's father to be honest. So if that was the point, kudos to the writers.

I assume we will see Nomi go to Yale and maybe dumbass Phil will tag along? I mean that's what he should do. Getting a lawyer involved is just a bitch ass move on his part, Mr. Absent until he decided not to be.

I think next season we will hopefully be rid of Zooey, unfortunately Nomi will go to Yale, but we'll have the guys minus Aaron, plus Jas (who will get back with Doug) and Ana (because she has a local clerkship now) and unfortunately we'll also be stuck with Javi since he seems to want to get back with Ana now. Will I miss Luca's petulant vibe? Probably not since he'll be in NYC with The Whinger.

Lastly, how the hell do these college kids afford a vintage Spanish style manse like that? It's so absolutely ridiculous.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2022 at 2:33 PM, gingerella said:

She really is a disgusting character, isn't she? I loathe her, and honestly, the show has grown past her childish immaturity like two seasons ago at least. The ensemble cast is so much better than Yara at this point, and the story lines are just clogged up with her constant needed attention whining and opining. She's a lot of her character's father to be honest. So if that was the point, kudos to the writers.

I assume we will see Nomi go to Yale and maybe dumbass Phil will tag along? I mean that's what he should do. Getting a lawyer involved is just a bitch ass move on his part, Mr. Absent until he decided not to be.

I think next season we will hopefully be rid of Zooey, unfortunately Nomi will go to Yale, but we'll have the guys minus Aaron, plus Jas (who will get back with Doug) and Ana (because she has a local clerkship now) and unfortunately we'll also be stuck with Javi since he seems to want to get back with Ana now. Will I miss Luca's petulant vibe? Probably not since he'll be in NYC with The Whinger.

Lastly, how the hell do these college kids afford a vintage Spanish style manse like that? It's so absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think Ana is coming back so I also don't think you have to worry about Javi. She's already on how I met your father which got renewed for another season. She already has another job. Probably ready to exit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2022 at 2:33 PM, gingerella said:

I assume we will see Nomi go to Yale and maybe dumbass Phil will tag along? I mean that's what he should do. Getting a lawyer involved is just a bitch ass move on his part, Mr. Absent until he decided not to be.I

I don't watch that closely in the last few seasons, but it was my impression that Phil didn't even know about Luna until Nomi decided to tell him. Not really his fault that he was absent if he didn't even know he had a child.

As for Zoey, it does make a lot of sense that the favored child of man-baby Dre would grow up to be just like him. After all, Ruby thinks the sun rises and sets out of Dre's ass and Dre spoiled Zoey even worse because he actually had money to do so. 

I just don't understand how Zoey has friends left with the way she acts, but I guess I've seen that IRL. People who are attention-seeking and self-centered somehow manage to be surrounded by people even with their awful behavior.

I'll be glad to be done with the on-again off-again between her and Aaron, it never rang true to me. He had a massive crush on her, but the reciprocation part never felt legit, so it was hard to root for them as a couple. 

On the other hand, I'm rooting for Jazz and Doug to get back together, they were far from perfect, but they fit together. 

• Love 3
On 3/19/2022 at 12:33 PM, gingerella said:

He didn't know about Luna, then once he found out about her he freaked out (understandably) and then immediately came around and did everything he could to be there. I mean yeah, following Nomi is probably the right long term choice. But, getting a lawyer was so that he could be certain to be in Luna's life, not just allowed in when Nomi felt like letting him.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:33 PM, gingerella said:

Because Vivek could afford it for them when he was dealing drugs (that's why they let him live with them). Then when he was arrested it was sort of hand-waved as taken care of.

• Useful 2
45 minutes ago, HappyBerry said:
On 3/19/2022 at 11:33 AM, gingerella said:

He didn't know about Luna, then once he found out about her he freaked out (understandably) and then immediately came around and did everything he could to be there. I mean yeah, following Nomi is probably the right long term choice. But, getting a lawyer was so that he could be certain to be in Luna's life, not just allowed in when Nomi felt like letting him.

He didn't immediately come around, he was absent for most of her existence until recently. And I can't remember if he contacted Nomi or she just bumped into him in a bar or something, I thought it was the latter but maybe I'm misremembering. As for the lawyer, it seemed a bitch move on his part to have abandoned her during her entire pregnancy, then show back up when the kid was nearly a year old, so that's like a year and a half more or less of being MIA, then expect her to be staying put to be near him? Fuck.That.Shit. He's lucky she allows him to be in Luna's life. They never said who was on the birth certificate but if he wasn't named then it could be easier to have sole custody.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, ljenkins782 said:

I'll be glad to be done with the on-again off-again between her and Aaron, it never rang true to me. He had a massive crush on her, but the reciprocation part never felt legit, so it was hard to root for them as a couple. 

On the other hand, I'm rooting for Jazz and Doug to get back together, they were far from perfect, but they fit together. 

Yeah, Aaron & Zoey as end-game just never made sense to me and I felt like that was a forced ending. I really want her to find someone who challenges her selfishness AND really supports her goals. 

On the other hand, Jazz and Doug were the best couple within the group and I thought the series was ending so I'm glad to know it's continuing and can't wait for them to get back together.

• Love 1
On 4/6/2022 at 2:17 PM, gingerella said:

He didn't immediately come around, he was absent for most of her existence until recently. And I can't remember if he contacted Nomi or she just bumped into him in a bar or something, I thought it was the latter but maybe I'm misremembering. As for the lawyer, it seemed a bitch move on his part to have abandoned her during her entire pregnancy, then show back up when the kid was nearly a year old, so that's like a year and a half more or less of being MIA, then expect her to be staying put to be near him? Fuck.That.Shit. He's lucky she allows him to be in Luna's life. They never said who was on the birth certificate but if he wasn't named then it could be easier to have sole custody.

Nomi never told him she was pregnant. He didn't abandon her during her pregnancy, he had no idea she was. It was Nomi's choice not to tell him until Luna was already a year old, at which point he became involved. 

• Love 2