Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E87: Afterparty: Work in Progress

• Start Topic

Host Keshia Knight Pulliam sits down with Jasmina, Katina, and special guest, podcaster and MAFS superfan Melissa Fredericks, as they discuss the romantic start to the one-month anniversaries and the unfortunate ending for Katina and Olajuwan.

Airs Wednesday, March 16, at 11:03PM EDT.

Zzzzzzzzzz. Katina trying to convince everyone that she puts herself first and can take care of herself and it's just her style of dealing with excitable partners that lets her allow O to rant. And breathe, I believe. This season is toast. Always was.

• Love 4

Melissa gave her opinions as she was asked. That's what she added.

She was engaged and gave some good talking points.

This week was so dry, none of the other people from the couples could of added much.

Katina's voice is a lot in large doses like this. 

• Love 2

Oh and it seems Sarah Colona got her wish. I listen to her podcast about MAFS with her comedic partner. So, that is another Podcaster/Comic coming in. I think this does help boast views a bit but I think they are trying to capture some at the vibe from the preseason episodes.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

This week was so dry, none of the other people from the couples could of added much.

That's because they couldn't get a word in with Melissa there chatting away, plus Lindsey wasn't there to spill some tea again like last time.

• Love 4

I usually fall asleep even if it's a good show - so with the DST switch I was looking forward to being awake for it.

I really only watched for maybe 5-7 minutes and it was such a ridiculous snooze fest in my opinion. And really to take up the first minute or so to talk about the special drink?? Whatzupwithat?

I didn't find anything at all entertaining or engaging and I don't know who this special guest is was anyway.

I guess I am just pleased ((somewhat)) that I did watch a full episode. I won't bother with the after party anymore. I used to think I was missing out because I would fall asleep, and I sometimes tried to see it on demand. This espisode last night cured me.

• Love 3

I really don't know what others are watching. Everyone got a chance to talk. There wasn't much for Jasmina to add and Katina got a lot out. I just feel like it could have been anyone that wasn't from the show itself and it would have been a problem somehow.

I think there was much more to dig into in the early weeks of this season. Now, it's the same old patterns. It may even be why they are bringing on guests right now. There is no meat on these here bones.

Not disrespecting opinions. Just disagreeing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm in the camp of no more special guests.  I'm already considering pre-deleting next week's DVR of the Sarah Colonna show.

I don't care about these extra people's opinions.  I want to hear from more of the cast. 

Why don't they have 3 cast members on each week, like they used to?  

I do love Keishia K-P, and I love her interviewing style.  

And yeah, I agree that the whole minute on the drink-of-the-week is a time waster.

Not to mention all the previously seen clips.  Um, I literally JUST. FINISHED. WATCHING.  I don't need to repeat what I just watched.  Which is why I DVR:  to FF through all this, which makes AfterParty about 12 minutes.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 8

I don't care to see non-experiment people, but it was funny hearing her compliment Kat's patience & composure only for Kat to lose it & yell back at the end the end of the episode. Keshia should've asked why she did that. Did she hit her breaking point? I really wanted to hear O explain why he was yelling & wouldn't listen to her explanation & what his endgame was. Hopefully he's asked next week. They don't have couples on, huh? They should both explain themselves. O wasn't even next week's preview & Kat's in the outfit from dinner.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

I don't care to see non-experiment people, but it was funny hearing her compliment Kat's patience & composure only for Kat to lose it & yell back at the end the end of the episode. Keshia should've asked why she did that. Did she hit her breaking point? I really wanted to hear O explain why he was yelling & wouldn't listen to her explanation & what his endgame was. Hopefully he's asked next week. They don't have couples on, huh? They should both explain themselves. O wasn't even next week's preview & Kat's in the outfit from dinner.

That too, but at times I wanted to know what show Melissa was watching.  She completely ignored how Olaj was being abusive and instead glossed over their relationship in a positive way.  I was like REALLY?  She did it more than once.  Like Olaj is this wonderful husband and everything was happy-joy-joy and wonderful between them.  This is yet another reason I felt her presence was useless.  I thought this new Afterparty was supposed to be more real, not more fake.  Even the experts would have said something about Olaj's attitude.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That too, but at times I wanted to know what show Melissa was watching.  She completely ignored how Olaj was being abusive and instead glossed over their relationship in a positive way.  I was like REALLY?  She did it more than once.  Like Olaj is this wonderful husband and everything was happy-joy-joy and wonderful between them.  This is yet another reason I felt her presence was useless.  I thought this new Afterparty was supposed to be more real, not more fake.  Even the experts would have said something about Olaj's attitude.

She also something like Michael and Jasmina were a great example of " black love."  WTF? I hope she's wrong. Seems they are actually a poor example. They can barely tolerate being in the same room. But she would know more about black relationships than I. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, princelina said:

Katina has a great body but needs to find something besides spandex unitards to dress in.  IMO.

Walking past the TV, my husband asked, "Why is that woman wearing pink kid's pajamas?" 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2022 at 1:55 PM, Desert Rat said:

She also something like Michael and Jasmina were a great example of " black love."  WTF? I hope she's wrong. Seems they are actually a poor example. They can barely tolerate being in the same room. But she would know more about black relationships than I. 

She was more talking about their back and forth. How they look together. I think many can look at them when they are on and not arguing and see the vision of black love or just love people strive for. They look great. They have fun banter. But, that's just it. They look like it on paper. Melissa went into it more her podcast. She wasn't ignoring all the bad aspects of their partnership. Just how they look and act when they are on the same page.

Oh and both podcasters for the are you my podcast? show will be doing guest spots on the afterparty one after the other. So, if this still an issue, don't watch. They are both female comics and their show has been getting bigger and bigger. The weird thing is that they can be quite blue or vulgar in their comedy but lifetime will limit that. So, we are bound to see less of makes them standout.

Kevin said that for his episode of the after party they taped for an hour and a half but only gave us 23 minutes. He said a lot more and they covered much more. I think they could make this an hour easy. Also have three and a guest. You won't fully lose the dynamic they had in the beginning but still have that fan element to it. But, more time for it all to breathe. I sure as hell rather have this than people calling in. That is the worst. I'm usually not a fan of guests on shows but it's because those shows basically become ABOUT the guest. I don't feel that here the way others do. 

I still think the juice and what is being ignored is Chris and Alyssa. There was tons of content to go over through those two early on. Once they were gone, we are basically left with Lyndsey, Katina and O for the drama. But, even then, it's only so much. There isn't much content there beyond that. Look at how boring the main show is labeled right now outside of elements from those 3. What else is there to go over on the afterparty that hasn't been covered for like 2 months now? So, I think it's a combination of lack of content, wanting to reach different demos and the loss of the shows central conflict that has facilitated these changes it. It may not be everyone's taste but I think it's in service of not having a much drier afterparty as a result. Or at least trying to fight against that result.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I have to say, I do really enjoy the two podcast hosts that joined (Beauty & The Bald?  Did I get that right?).  I will find their podcast, as I like their style and their input.

And yes, I get that with this dumpster fire of a season, TPTB decided to spice up ATFR a bit.

While I'd still prefer to see all contestants, I do get the need for the addition.  Heaven help us if they were to continue to have Alyssa on, or too much Lindsey.  

I think it's amazing that we see Chris in small parts on the show, but zero Alyssa, when it was Alyssa who wanted this whole "experience".  What a freaking loser she is.

I hope Mark & Chris can find nice, well adjusted women in their DM's once they are out of contract.  

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 4
On 3/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, Starlight925 said:

I think it's amazing that we see Chris in small parts on the show, but zero Alyssa, when it was Alyssa who wanted this whole "experience".  What a freaking loser she is.

You just know she's seething about Chris getting the experience airtime that she wanted.

I don't have much to say about the After Party except that I appreciated the fashion show put on by all three women (Keshia not so much). That neon pink jumpsuit was something else. I'd wear it if I could borrow Katina's long, lean body to go with it!

Edited by kikicat
added a missing word
On 3/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, Starlight925 said:

I have to say, I do really enjoy the two podcast hosts that joined (Beauty & The Bald?  Did I get that right?).  I will find their podcast, as I like their style and their input.

And yes, I get that with this dumpster fire of a season, TPTB decided to spice up ATFR a bit.

While I'd still prefer to see all contestants, I do get the need for the addition.  Heaven help us if they were to continue to have Alyssa on, or too much Lindsey.  

I hope Mark & Chris can find nice, well adjusted women in their DM's once they are out of contract.  

I feel like production legitimately hates Alyssa so they aren't given her shine on purpose. It's what she wants. 

• Love 3