Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Broken

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

So Whistler transfers to the FBI, I guess no Quantico for her as her very special skill set must be top notch. I guess the purpose is to give her a gun and she has a reason for the non espionage murder cases.

A real emphasis on the Special Agent in Charge title that the NCIS franchise has shied away from on its other shows. I wonder if they share anything besides the NCIS in the name, as compared to New Orleans and even Los Angeles? Sort of like marvel Studios and Marvel TV.

It seemed like too much time not on the crime but on the investigation of Janey

If you had told me after the pilot that I would like Whistler . . . At this point I can even get behind a Whistler/Tennant friendship.  Lucy, on the other hand . . .

• Love 4

I enjoyed this episode.  I liked the beach scenes in the opening.  For a show set in Hawaii, we never get enough of the background scenery of Hawaii on this show..  Hawaii 5-0 was always really good about doing these background shots of people enjoying the location.

I liked how they resolved the situation with Jane's security clearance and it didn't drag out for more episodes.

I also liked the relationship between Jane and Jesse.  There is a lot of trust and respect there.

• Love 3
On 3/1/2022 at 9:57 AM, Raja said:

It seemed like too much time not on the crime but on the investigation of Janey

See, and I thought they managed to tie it up with a nice little bow rather quickly, considering the national security risk (so they thought). In recent times, the writers seem to milk this kind of situation for all it’s worth (tedious). When I saw who was conducting the interview, I thought she was a goner! Of course, they picked an actor known for doing menacing really well! That part seemed to me like old-school tv-script plotting (of course, our heroine is beyond reproach). 

As for the rest of it, I had benefit of watching Spies 1 & 2 and this one all at once. I’m really glad I held them on the DVR, and didn’t watch till now. I liked all of them. I remember the scene with Tennant, her newborn daughter, and Maggie as being significant, because Maggie was so insistent that she change her life-course to be there for her kids. After Maggie’s treason was uncovered, I couldn’t help but think that advice saved Tennant’s life again, and ensured Maggie couldn’t take advantage of their relationship. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I also liked the relationship between Jane and Jesse.  There is a lot of trust and respect there.

Bring ME a sandwich when I’m being interrogated, you’re a friend for life!

I like this show! It appeals to my “I’ll do this myself and learn, thank you”  attitude. Yeah, there’s some testosterone there, but it’s not always in your face, and not always exuded from the men. 

Edited by Daff
  • Love 2
(edited)

I liked the inquiry.  Too often we see agents not even being questioned when something like this happens.  Well, except for Mary on NCIS New Orleans who got fired because she was starting to date a double agent - that no one else suspected either.  What a plot devise to write the actress  off the show. 
I am really tired of the Whistler Lucy drama.  I still don’t get why Whistler needed to have already told Lucy about  a relationship she thought was in the past, she didn’t invite  the woman to Hawaii, the woman just showed up.    Whistler owed that woman an apology for not being clear that she had moved on. she didn’t owe Lucy one.  She told the woman she was done as soon as she could once  she showed up.    It’s not like Whistler and Lucy had defined their relationship as even being one yet, let alone exclusive 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

She told the woman she was done as soon as she could once  she showed up.    It’s not like Whistler and Lucy had defined their relationship as even being one yet, let alone exclusive

Personally, I think this is Lucy being immature and not ready for a real adult relationship, which comes with warts and all.. Her 'I can't trust you because you lied to me' is ridiculous.  Whistler is a grown a@ woman, of course she's going to have had past relationships.  She didn't need to provide a whole timeline to Lucy.

• Love 1

The whole Jane deposition thing didn't quite go the way I expected it to, and I'm glad for that.  The guy didn't try provoking her and insist despite lack of evidence, she was complicit, like I've seen often in other shows. All based on Jane agreeing that it was possible Maggie befriended her to gain access to NCIS intellegence and what-not.  She did not insist that it COULD NOT have been that way. Also nice that this got settled and out of the way in one episode, as opposed to nagging Jane for the rest of the season.