Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Feast of St. Francis

• Start Topic

After Pastor Deb asks for an impromptu meeting, Joel prepares for the worst, and promptly breaks out in a vicious neck rash. With money tight, Sam gets creative in sourcing a solution for the upcoming corn harvest, and later, confronts Rick.

Airing Sunday, February 6, 2022.

Wtf w Rick? So did he sew all those pillows for Tricia? And he’s dealing drugs and cheating on her w her best friend? Or did he just say he was dealing drugs to get sam off the scent about his cheating?  He’s so gross.

also, naked guy at sams house! Did not need to see his butt.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Paws said:

also, naked guy at sams house! Did not need to see his butt.

I knew we were going to see his ass when he turned around in that scene. I winced.

Loved her scenes with her dad. So heartfelt. And then he had the story! (whispers) ‘she’s visiting her sister!’

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I don’t think the brother in law is dealing drugs, he just said that to get her off his back.  I guess he figured that sounds better than cheating with her best friend.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I felt for Joel in this episode. I hope the Pastor comes back and tells him she knows about the choir and doesn't care. He needs to work on his relationship with Michael. The guy is ticked he spends so much time with Sam and even she sees it. I don't see them lasting the season.

And yay on a Season 2 renewal!

• Like 1
  • Love 7

The name of the actor who plays Sam's dad is Mike Hagerty. He's got about 120 entries on IMDB and a career that spans 40 years. He's guested in everything. But I never bothered to learn his name until 5 minutes ago. I just want to say he's killing it in his role as Ed. I just love Ed. The entire cast is killing it. This is a very good show.

I really really wanted Sam's brother-in-law to NOT be that basic cheater guy. I had actually worked out an entire side story for him in which he's been sneaking around doing good deeds and volunteering. I guess that would have been too much to ask for.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

It is refreshing to watch a show about everyday people dealing with regular stuff.  Of course, “regular” people have their own kind of destructive behavior but at least it is not about money and fame.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

So, did Sam sleep with the guy she took home? It appeared she had slept on her couch.

I feel for her trying to help her dad with his business matters.  It appears that’s a large farm. Is her dad able to manage it by himself?  It’s tough when seniors resist help. I’m wary of the volunteer students.  I’m glad the mother is in rehab.  Insurance should cover it, though.

I knew that Rick’s second phone was a bad sign. Cheating with a spouse’s best friend….omg. Very low,

I wish they had Joel adopt that puppy from a shelter and not apparently buy it from a store in the mall. (Stores often sell from puppy mills.) I’m sort of surprised they did that. Maybe, it’ll be explained later.  

I noticed a couple of comments in this episode from Bridget’s standup routine. I watched it recently.  

This was another great episode.  Definitely, my favorite tv show right now.  Not just my favorite comedy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 2/13/2022 at 11:20 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m glad the mother is in rehab.  Insurance should cover it, though.

Sam's father did mention something about paying for rehab.  It looks like he's self-employed and maybe underinsured.

I wish they had Joel adopt that puppy from a shelter and not apparently buy it from a store in the mall. (Stores often sell from puppy mills.) I’m sort of surprised they did that. Maybe, it’ll be explained later.  

The puppy looked lonely in that window, as did Joel in that empty mall.  It made sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

They touched on buying the puppy being a bad idea, but saying he realized it wasn’t right.  Not a capital offense, it’s just that puppy mills only stay in business because they make profits.  They mostly breed the dogs in inhumane conditions.  I’ve read a lot about it, which is why it stood out to me.  Here’s a piece on it.

https://www.humanesociety.org/all-our-fights/stopping-puppy-mills

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 2/7/2022 at 12:29 AM, Paws said:

Wtf w Rick? So did he sew all those pillows for Tricia?

I was confused by that, because she was sleeping with her head basically on the sewing machine, so did he sew them all by hand?

I wish they had Joel adopt that puppy from a shelter and not apparently buy it from a store in the mall.

Also confusing that he bought the puppy from the pet store, but apparently didn't even buy a leash? I thought we also would have seen all the other stuff he would have needed to buy, like food, toys, grooming supplies, etc. Even an impulse purchase of the pup still would have needed all that stuff.

• Useful 1