Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Yasper

• Start Topic

It's so great how Yasper was the epitome of a romcom best friend in Aniq's story and he's the star of his own story.

I sure hope Walt doesn't end up being the murderer. I am kind of enjoying how much everyone overlooks him. 

Hey, Tiya Sircar got in a little Australia reference! I still love how much Vicky in The Good Place wanted to play an Australian.

The "Three Dots" choreography was inspired.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I enjoyed this episode. Love the music and Ben Schwartz has such charisma. Was sad I couldn't binge another episode.

My speculation: In Aniq's episode, when he went over to the table where Xavier and Yasper were talking, it sounded like their conversation was quite serious but it didn't seem that way in Yasper's tale. So, that seems suspicious but it could just be Yasper putting a positive spin on things. I question if that text from Xavier was real - I don't think Xavier intended to work with Yasper and just said okay to placate him. So, I think that will play into things later.

I have too much time on my hands. 

• Love 3
On 1/31/2022 at 8:44 AM, xander874 said:

I question if that text from Xavier was real - I don't think Xavier intended to work with Yasper and just said okay to placate him. So, I think that will play into things later.

Yes, that was very suspicious, especially when Detective Tiffany Haddish commented that it proved Xavier had died after that. My first thought was that Yasper had faked it for his own reasons and couldn't admit it, but maybe the killer sent it to mess up the timeline? 

Really enjoyed the musical numbers. It reminded me of the best of Crazy Ex Girlfriend.

• Love 5
On 2/3/2022 at 10:59 PM, SomeTameGazelle said:

Yes, that was very suspicious, especially when Detective Tiffany Haddish commented that it proved Xavier had died after that. My first thought was that Yasper had faked it for his own reasons and couldn't admit it, but maybe the killer sent it to mess up the timeline? 

Yea it seemed weird that Xavier was blowing off Yasper the entire night and then all of the sudden writes him a relatively long text where he gives him a track to use. Then again who else would know the location of a specific track on his computer.

Also at one point Zoe goes up stair, when she says "All for one and fuck em all" before Xavier goes upstairs with Chelsea so right now Zoe is prime suspect for me. 

Also I usually hate musicals, but Ben Schwartz is hilarious.

• Love 2

I just binged the whole series this weekend and this episode was by far the most entertaining for me. The Hamilton-esque rap was great and 'Yeah, Sure, Whatever" was a power-pop pastiche worthy of Adam Schlesinger.

• Love 6
On 3/7/2022 at 2:39 PM, SHD said:

I just binged the whole series this weekend and this episode was by far the most entertaining for me. The Hamilton-esque rap was great and 'Yeah, Sure, Whatever" was a power-pop pastiche worthy of Adam Schlesinger.

The songs were hilarious, agree that "Two Shots" seemed like a riff on Hamilton's "My Shot", it was very well done.  And the ballad with the occasional reminders of the three dots in the props was funny.

I liked how after he finished the "Yeah sure, whatever" and he asked Chelsea if she wanted a ride, she said "yeah sure, whatever".

The pregnant Jen 1 was funny.  And now Jen 2 is missing?  They look similar to each other so I am not sure which is which.  Is one of them the wife of the Asian guy Ned?  The one that was heaving/crying on the couch in the first episode?

• Love 3