Type keyword(s) to search

Production News, Spoilers & Speculation: 60th Anniversary / Season 01 & 02 (Disney+/BBC)

DanaK
  • Start Topic

(edited)
45 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Yeah, I get you. I just meant that it's possible to have a good story featuring a previously unpopular character. :)

Oh, I agree. Bonnie Langford is a wonderful actress who did not get to showcase her talent in her original run, and her character is full of unrealised potential. I'm really interested to see what they do with her.

I wish RTD had been more open to revisiting the stories of former companions in his first run, when more of them were still with us. A great many of them have interesting stories still to be told.

Edited by Llywela
typo
  • Like 3

I'm delighted that Bonnie's back, and  I can't imagine that Rusty will allow her to once again be dressed like a candy striper on acid. She's a really good actor that was never given anything to work with on Doctor Who except 'SCREAM!!!', and once Saward had left, letting her natural charm to show through.

Plus, she's actually quite a good casting choice for a series that desperately needs some name check appeal. Snobby old school fans might wrinkle their noses at the return of Violet Elizabeth Bott, but your average UK viewer is more likely to remember her six year term as an Eastender matriarch.

• Like 3
On 6/7/2023 at 3:53 PM, Anduin said:

Have you ever listened to the audio adventures? Some of the Six and Mel stories are pretty good. They tone down both characters personalities just enough to make it work. I half-remember one especially, set in, I think, an airport. Wish I could remember the name.

OMG, yes, I do enjoy the few that I heard. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DanaK said:

Colossus? Cool! Trivia: DW has crossed over with Trek before, which has crossed over with X-Men. Also, Death's Head appeared in a DWM comic once, on his way to Fantastic Four, IIRC. And both David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston have appeared in Marvel screen roles. There are probably more Marvel connections I've forgotten.

If you're going to say it's a mention of a different colossus, don't ruin my dreams.

• LOL 1

The BBC just showed a Doctor Who glitchy trailer so heads up for some sort of possible teaser/trailer before or after Strictly Come Dancing in the next week or so

ETA: The binary code shown in the teaser appears to translate to SATURDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER, BBC ONE, 6:13PM

Which would point to just before Strictly's first live show next Saturday

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/14/2023 at 11:04 AM, Starchild said:

I am unhappy that I have to buy Disney to watch anymore. Not sure I will, although I would really like to see the specials at least.

Subscribe for as long as you need to watch whatever Doctor Who they are showing, then cancel

• Like 1

In the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (officially out tomorrow), Russell Davies said in his Letter from the Showrunner column that none of the 3 60th specials will be broadcast on the show’s anniversary date of November 23. But, Nov 1, 17 and 23 are significant dates. Fans are thinking Nov 1 is for the release of more Who on iPlayer as announced yesterday and the 17th is Children in Need where they will probably do a Who sketch. The 23rd is of course Who’s anniversary but we haven’t heard of anything special announced for that date yet

20 hours ago, DanaK said:

In the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (officially out tomorrow), Russell Davies said in his Letter from the Showrunner column that none of the 3 60th specials will be broadcast on the show’s anniversary date of November 23. But, Nov 1, 17 and 23 are significant dates. Fans are thinking Nov 1 is for the release of more Who on iPlayer as announced yesterday and the 17th is Children in Need where they will probably do a Who sketch. The 23rd is of course Who’s anniversary but we haven’t heard of anything special announced for that date yet

November 23 is a Thursday this year and Doctor Who has always been a weekend show, so it doesn't surprise me that there won't be an episode on that date.

November 1 for the release of more old episodes on iPlayer is correct, I'm sure I've seen that announcement already. And a Who sketch or some other content for Children in Need does seem likely.

(edited)

BBC Sounds now has Radio 2’s “Doctor Who at 60: A Musical Celebration”. This is the concert that happened in late September. Below is the website and there’s also an app. US and probably other countries viewers can access. I think this was going to be available on Sunday, but it’s early

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001r92n

You can hear the new theme at 1 hr 41 minutes, Ruby’s theme The Life of Sunday at 1 hour 32 minutes and the 15th Doctor’s theme at about 1hr 41min

ETA: 

If you don’t have BBC Sounds yet, the new show theme on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/videos/167438049695939/

Twitter https://twitter.com/bbcnow/status/1712528782853079249?s=61

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, DanaK said:

I went out for a walk yesterday evening and almost immediately saw all the BBC lighting and prop trucks parked along the road just around the corner of my house. I didn't think Doctor Who was in production currently, so assumed it was something else - they film a few shows in these parts. But then I came home and saw this, so now I'm not so sure. Maybe it was Doctor Who after all!

• Like 2
  • Love 1