Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Pregnancy Test, $12.98

• Start Topic

Connor and JoJo’s Valentine’s Day takes an awkward turn when his ex-wife and daughter crash their romantic evening. While Tom, Marina, and Sarah and Denise try to enjoy an over-the-top dining experience, a pregnancy scare derails their evening.

Original airdate: 2/2/22

Jesus Christ, Emily is SUCH an asshole ruining somebody's date on Valentine's Day like that.  If I was Jojo I would have left.

Jojo seems really cool, and honestly, so does Gretchen, LOL.  Connor seems more likeable because of Jojo.

What did Connor mean at the beginning of the episode, that Silo was "paid for" already?  I guess it's a Valentine's special with a certain number of courses, but restaurants force you to pay for everything up front to reserve the table?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What did Connor mean at the beginning of the episode, that Silo was "paid for" already?  I guess it's a Valentine's special with a certain number of courses, but restaurants force you to pay for everything up front to reserve the table?

Yes. It's been my experience on major holidays (not Valentine's day but Christmas and Thanksgiving) that restaurants are reservation only, pre fixe menu, and prepay. You have a table and that table is paying, regardless if anyone eats. 

Sarah continues to annoy.

Edit: man,  I cannot post on my phone without messing up 

Edited by callie lee 29
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

Yes. It's been my experience on major holidays (but Valentine's day but Christmas and Thanksgiving) that restaurants are reservation only, pre fixe menu, and prepay. You have a table and that table is playing, regardless of anyone eats. 

Wow!  That's never been my experience.  I've definitely gone out to eat many times on Christmas Day and without a reservation too.  I guess because I haven't done it somewhere fancy enough.  Thanks for the information.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Tom was just so over the top happy that Marina wasn't pregnant that it was pretty funny. Sarah of course couldn't help being a kill joy at an expensive restaurant

And on Valentine's Day with her wife, to boot 🙄

It was also funny how Marina said "I just don't feel like drinking" and Tom knows her so well / Marina drinks so much that Tom immediately screamed "YOU'RE PREGNANT?????????????????????????"   I mean yeah, on V-Day at a fancy restaurant that is already paid for, a woman is going to take her drink.  LOL

• LOL 4

Ok, the whole 'This is <sibilant whisper> Silo <sibilant whisper>' was killing me,  Every time!  I especially loved it when Marina said "I love that wine, I wish I had more" and suddenly an arm shows up in the frame trying to top off her glass with the 'This is Silo' whisper.  LOL.

I like that the show continues to show that Marina and Denise are so close.  Their spouses are so neurotic in different ways, they need each other.  Sarah is a LOT but she brought it around at the end. 

I loved Tom this episode especially his freak out when he first suspects Marina's pregnant and then his unbridled happiness when she wasn't.

I was annoyed at Emma crashing Valentine's day at first but they brought that story around so it was charming. 

Good ep.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I was howling from beginning to end this episode. Tom immediately figuring out Marina thought she was pregnant because she refused more wine killed me. (Frankly, it's how I knew my sister was pregnant with her first.) And everything about their absolute glee and relief when the test came back negative.

Tom: OH DEAR GOD THANK YOU!!!!

Marina: I guess I just got an upset stomach. You know, I gotta stop eating whatever the twins throw on the floor.

And then in the midst of Sarah and Denise deciding to have a baby.

Tom: THANK GOD, THAT WOULD'VE BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!! (down on his knees hysterical laughing and clapping)

• LOL 4

I thought this episode was great. I find this show getting funnier each week. 
Some of my LOL moments: 

Connor telling Gretchen about his relationship. Gretchen already knew - “you guys were always in the pantry, eating snacks” 😂

Walking into the restaurant-  Marina: “we aren’t cool enough for this place” as Tom takes a selfie, stating  “one for the ‘Gram” 😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Ok, the whole 'This is <sibilant whisper> Silo <sibilant whisper>' was killing me,  Every time!  I especially loved it when Marina said "I love that wine, I wish I had more" and suddenly an arm shows up in the frame trying to top off her glass with the 'This is Silo' whisper.  LOL.

Have you seen the movie "Date Night"?  I don't exactly love the movie - it's just ok - but there is a really pretentious restaurant in that movie too and a friend and I always laugh so much at that part because it reminds us of pretentious restaurants in our city too.  I am pretty sure the restaurant in "Date Night" is called "The Claw" LOL.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Have you seen the movie "Date Night"?  I don't exactly love the movie - it's just ok - but there is a really pretentious restaurant in that movie too and a friend and I always laugh so much at that part because it reminds us of pretentious restaurants in our city too.  I am pretty sure the restaurant in "Date Night" is called "The Claw" LOL.

No.  I have never seen Date Night, but I do appreciate a good skewering of an overly pretentious restaurant.

Also just remembered, I love how Marina (and later Tom's) panic escalated from "I'm pregnant" to "Oh, God, what if I am having twins again?" to "I am sure it's triplets" until finally Tom goes straight to quadruplets. 

• LOL 5