Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Family Matters

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

The TAC team finds itself in a tense and unprecedented situation when Bull faces off against Marissa and her new boss in court, following her departure from the company. Also, Taylor’s professional life works against her during her custody battle with her ex-husband

3 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Also, Taylor’s professional life works against her during her custody battle with her ex-husband

Why doesn't she just hack his computer and get evidence of his pr0n addiction? Then she could ask Danny to locate the bong he owned when he was in high school, complete with his fingerprints still on it, and persuade that guy from FBI to take a second and scour the world's video to find footage of him buying a "burner" phone, thereby proving that he is an ISIS sympathizer!

That shit works every week to win cases for TAC, so...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Man, I hope Bull squishes Marissa so thoroughly she comes out of court feeling like a mass of pulp.  It's rare I have such disdain for a fictional character but I sure do for her - I think it's because she kind of reminds me of someone I know.  Infer whatever you like from that statement; that's all I'm going to say about it.

So, Marissa (Melissa? Medusa?) wins because Bull finds evidence of corruption on the part of the city official, and hands it to her (admittedly buried in a stack of gumph). So, Bull loses but actually takes the moral win.

Taylor couldn't possibly discuss a method by which she and her ex could both be a part of Mauritania's life simultaneously. So she goes to court, and loses everything. But Bull intercedes by giving the ex a pep-talk. So they end up... discussing a method by which she and her ex could both be a part of Madagascar's life simultaneously.

And because nobody knew the moment the New Partner refused to stay and help with the documents that Madelyn (Matilda? Magnolia?) would be going back to TAC, they felt it necessary to show that the New Partner was guilty of incipient unethical behaviour, just to rub our noses in it?

Why do I continue to watch this? And why can't I determine how many episodes are left before it's all done? Because I get numbers varying from 1 to 9, depending where I look.

Edited by Netfoot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I am 4:45 into the episode and in struts witch on wheels like she owns the freaking world and now I think I'm done with the show.  Oh well, the series is almost over anyway...

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 2

It's probably best anyway as within those 4ish minutes it seems it's going to be an eminent domain case and Bull is going to be arguing for the city.  I rarely find the city sympathetic in such cases and the displaced homeowner almost always is left with what amounts to poo on the bottom of someone's shoe.

So my overall assessment based upon my not quite 5 mins of watching is - this episode sucks.   

• Love 2
On 1/17/2022 at 8:54 AM, Netfoot said:

Why doesn't she just hack his computer and get evidence of his pr0n addiction? Then she could ask Danny to locate the bong he owned when he was in high school, complete with his fingerprints still on it, and persuade that guy from FBI to take a second and scour the world's video to find footage of him buying a "burner" phone, thereby proving that he is an ISIS sympathizer!

That shit works every week to win cases for TAC, so...

Because Prince Andrew intervened and the FBI was told to step down.  That's why he was being shipped off to Hawaii.  Or maybe Tidal got pissed at her and locked her computer up for ransom.  Or maybe TAC has a trademark on skeevy practices. 

I can't help but think that Taylor's kid will spend one summer in Hawaii, and then come back to noisy, cold, crowded NYC next winter and just unload on Taylor. 

I understand that TV operates some different rules from the real world. Normally, I may more than willing to let things slide with the explanation of " it's TVLand rules/logic." Having watched LA Law, I refuse to believe that the top partners would be the ones going through all of the documents. I can understand the senior partner wanting to leave the junior staff or associates (I think that's the right term for it) to sort through the documents and Marissa wanting to stay and help. Out of all the stuff that's happened on this show, it's crazy that this is one moment I go "nope, I am not willing to go along with this," but that's just me. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Normally, I may more than willing to let things slide with the explanation of " it's TVLand rules/logic."

For me, it's the fact that TAC has spent the entire season relying on the legal prowess of a guy who passed the bar approximately one year ago. No way they wouldn't have hired another experienced attorney when Benny left. But this show is incapable of managing even a cast of 6 characters well or fairly, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising. (I won't mention all the extras at TAC who are doing....something?)

• Love 3

My problems with the episode:

• No way that Taylor wouldn't have told Bull and Chunk about her ex sleeping with her while still dating the girlfriend so hard that she is/was planning to move to Hawaii.  They could spin it in a way that was relevant to custody.
  • I don't buy for a second that the judge would award full custody to the ex.  I think it would have been maybe full physical custody to the ex but joint legal custody.
  • But most of all, no way would the ex have given up the full custody he got and turned it over to Taylor.  Since he had the upper hand at that point, even if he changed his mind about having Mauricio move to Hawaii, he could make a deal where they have joint physical custody but he has full legal, or maybe even joint legal custody, but with a clause that he retains final decisions for both physical and legal.  Taylor would gladly have agreed with that, and he would retain some of the upper hand he was legally given.
  • For the Marissa thing, if she had done due diligence and closely interviewed the major players before joining, she would likely have uncovered what she needed to know.
  • And as was said in this forum earlier, no way would the guy have gone through all the re-naming hassle without even working with her for one day to see if it would work.

So will they now show Marissa as more involved in cases, to the level that she apparently was at the new firm, rather than basically as Bull's assistant?

On 1/21/2022 at 10:56 PM, Netfoot said:

witch on wheels

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but I started laughing when she tried to have her Melania moment by coming in with her coat on her shoulders (never so pedestrian as to put her arms through the sleeves)

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, jabRI said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but I started laughing when she tried to have her Melania moment by coming in with her coat on her shoulders (never so pedestrian as to put her arms through the sleeves)

That whole scene with her strutting in with the stupid coat over her shoulders -- UGH, Marissa.