Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Louisville, Bubbaroo and Sully

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Gina hires Peter's son to be her lawyer, but things get complicated when he asks her out. Also, Drew and Harry's van breaks down during their road trip, leaving them stranded.

Airdate: 01/20/2022

I thought it was funny when Spencer said he wanted to take things slow and Bette said "So just hand stuff?"

It's so strange to me that this show managed to round up such a cast of big names, like Jane Seymour, Ben Vereen and Hector Elizondo. I can't imagine they come cheap.

• Love 5

Peter made me sad, and Gina discovering his post-it note reminders on the closet door.

So Gina has all these misdeeds in her past, including identity theft, and she gets nothing but a fine and community service and doesn't even have to go to court? Peter's son must be a damn good lawyer.

Drew gets more annoying every episode.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 7

Peter made me sad, and Gina discovering his post-it note reminders on the closet door.

I think a better ending would have been if it turned out Peter was right and his son was lying about the divorce. The show is determined to be sad. First Meredith dies and now this. They have, however, previously established Peter's memory issues and those post-its.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ams1001 said:

So Gina has all these misdeeds in her past, including identity theft, and she gets nothing but a fine and community service and doesn't even have to go to court? Peter's son must be a damn good lawyer.

I guess Gina can get off with community service and a fine, in the same world where someone with zero mechanical ability can do $2,000 worth of repairs on a van just because someone describes to him what parts go where.

If we have to watch Gina choose Drew over Kyle, that's going to be rough.

I'd like to get some backstory on Peter. Are they leaving his sexuality ambiguous?

The highlight of the episode was learning that Bette apparently used "twat" in Scrabble and claimed it was the past tense of "twit."

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think a better ending would have been if it turned out Peter was right and his son was lying about the divorce. 

I thought of that, too! Definitely more of sitcom plot than whatever this is.

31 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

If we have to watch Gina choose Drew over Kyle, that's going to be rough.

Ugh. Kyle was cute.

32 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

The highlight of the episode was learning that Bette apparently used "twat" in Scrabble and claimed it was the past tense of "twit."

Best line of the night!

I was upset that Gina just let herself into someone's room. I would not want there to be so little effort to maintain privacy. I realize she's worried about him, but if you can just let yourself into anyone's room if they don't answer their door, at any time, as though it's totally no big deal to do so, that's really a lot. It means they can snoop when you're not in your room, with no warning. It means they can wake you up or interrupt you whatever you're doing. There has be to a better way to maintain safety without that extreme of a policy.

I would imagine that one of the conditions of residency is that management can enter their rooms.  It's not as if they are living in some generic apartment building. The facility helps facilitate their overall care, so management needs to access the rooms, particularly if there is concern abot the resident's well-being.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I would imagine that one of the conditions of residency is that management can enter their rooms.  It's not as if they are living in some generic apartment building. The facility helps facilitate their overall care, so management needs to access the rooms, particularly if there is concern abot the resident's well-being.

Yes. And if the facility is designated “Assisted Living,” the staff may be obligated to do a well-being check on each resident every 2 hours—–although in reality that doesn’t likely happen.

• Love 4

It's an assisted living facility, not a prison.  The doors appear to lock (with cardkeys, how 21st century!).  The residents can clearly come and go as they see fit, though generally that requires some assistance.  My aunt and uncle retained their vehicle for their first year in assisted living.  Last season, Gina's main role seemed to be as chauffeur of the mini-bus for the residents.

Not sure the show has time left for Gina to blab much about what she saw on the closet door.  Clearly she will say something to Peter's son, or else he wouldn't have been introduced into the show.  The saddest thing is that Peter's outrage will be forgotten, by himself.

• Love 4

Yes, assisted living is also not the same as a nursing home, where people generally need more care and supervision. I really think the show is confused about that, with having Gina just let herself in like that, without even checking if maybe the guy was elsewhere and she could check on him and make her apology to him there, without snooping in his room and violating his privacy.

• Love 1