Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Frontotemporal

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I actually remembered it was Thursday night and Bull is on for the first time in forever.

Could they possibly have troweled on the cheesy music making it clear that inevitably they will be investigating Marisa's new company or some other such shenanigans that will result in Marisa back at TAC, any harder? I mean, really now. 

I've been a SAHM for 95+% of my adult life so excuse my lack of experience here, but Bull's arrogance and obvious cluelessness aside, how much is it on a boss to promote an employee versus an employee to seek out advancement? If Marisa wanted to be a partner (which I totally believe the writers ALWAYS had in mind and didn't just invent for this plotline), is that on Bull or her? Also, I totally believe that rando company invented for this plotline would just put her on the letterhead out of the gate without working with her for ten minutes or so to see if she's, you know, a non-lunatic.

As a mother, I am familiar with the concept of maternal instinct even if I hate the phrase mama bear, but it bugs how not-Cable (I still have no idea what her name is) practically goes postal whenever the ex brings up anything about Mauricio, whose name apparently I do know, and the possibility that as his, I don't know, FATHER, he does actually have some say in the raising of said Mauricio, and let's be honest... he kind of has a point about her always being at work. Whatever point they were trying to make there, they made the opposite one. I'm not saying it's the right call as a divorced parent to announce that you're moving to Hawaii - at the very least, it's really unfair to the child in question who through no fault of his/her own is now living stuck between two worlds, who now has to choose between parents or be forced to live very far from one parent - but it's not like not-Cable is the only one who's allowed to have an opinion about the situation either.

Didn't catch nor much care about all the Gen Z hacker lady stuff. Asshole FBI agent can eff off.

Case of the week? I thought we were going to find out that dead guy attacked her or something but the last minute discovery to exonerate the plaintiff/defendant space was taken up by custody arguments and that ridiculous music playing as Marisa strolls down the hallway with the view of the city with her hair streaming back behind her as her skin-tight creates a belly that she doesn't even have dress flows in the breeze except it can't flow because she's sewn into it.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, JessDVD said:

As a mother, I am familiar with the concept of maternal instinct even if I hate the phrase mama bear, but it bugs how not-Cable (I still have no idea what her name is) practically goes postal whenever the ex brings up anything about Mauricio, whose name apparently I do know, and the possibility that as his, I don't know, FATHER, he does actually have some say in the raising of said Mauricio, and let's be honest... he kind of has a point about her always being at work. Whatever point they were trying to make there, they made the opposite one. I'm not saying it's the right call as a divorced parent to announce that you're moving to Hawaii - at the very least, it's really unfair to the child in question who through no fault of his/her own is now living stuck between two worlds, who now has to choose between parents or be forced to live very far from one parent - but it's not like not-Cable is the only one who's allowed to have an opinion about the situation either.

I’m not a mother, just spent a career giving to my students, but I certainly agree with you (and think it’s hilarious that I can’t remember her name, but do remember Mauricio). Came here to say I hated the restaurant scene. What a selfish narcissist! 
That being said, I am wondering if, after her doorstep speech last episode, the ex was feeling a bit infringed upon (especially the drop-everything babysitter role he has dutifully played). And exactly how DOES the FBI…never mind. 

Little by little this cast is dwindling and I’m wondering if they’re thinking of bringing it to a close. The cases just don’t seem to be all that interesting anymore and the repeated use of “fast and loose” tactics is wearisome. 

IMHO, the moment that her kid, and especially Bull, broke silence about the effects of the tumor resection, the judge should have thrown a mistrial, based on influencing the jury.

Did anyone notice that predatory look that Danni gave the new guy as he was walking into Bull's office?  Sparks flying!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Daff said:

Little by little this cast is dwindling and I’m wondering if they’re thinking of bringing it to a close. The cases just don’t seem to be all that interesting anymore and the repeated use of “fast and loose” tactics is wearisome. 

And when is the last time we caught even a glimpse of a mirror jury, or any of the "Trial Science" technology that was developed by Mousey Marissa, and upon which the entire premise of this show is supposedly based?

3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I just couldn't get over that the jury was passing around a brain tumor in liquid!!!

Yah, that was gag!

• Love 1

Haha so it wasn’t just me who knew the kid’s name but not the mother. If I look it up, I won’t forget it, but let’s see if it comes back to me on its own. 

But I really do think this show is almost done. Maybe end at 7 seasons?  That’s a decent run and has more dignity than shows kicking the can down the road for 11+ seasons. 

21 hours ago, Netfoot said:

And when is the last time we caught even a glimpse of a mirror jury, or any of the "Trial Science" technology that was developed by Mousey Marissa, and upon which the entire premise of this show is supposedly based?

I'm really hoping that we get to a Marissa v. Bull in the battle of the trial sciences.  Her new company will have its own mirror jury and hackers to dig out all the dirt on the jury pool, and maybe for once Bull will get outplayed.

13 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I'm really hoping that we get to a Marissa v. Bull in the battle of the trial sciences.  Her new company will have its own mirror jury and hackers to dig out all the dirt on the jury pool, and maybe for once Bull will get outplayed.

Looking at next week's show description,

Spoiler

I don't think you'll have to wait long.

Not-Cable’s name is Taylor.  Are they setting a storyline up for her to leave?   It’s Hawaii.  Go already. 

I fast forwarded through the Title scenes, but I stopped quickly enough to get the point that Title didn’t get any money from the data she supposedly sold.  Still don’t like Title though. 

I already  don’t like Jerrod. 
Marissa is coming  back.  Just a question of how long it takes. 

Edited by mythoughtis
On 1/15/2022 at 6:34 AM, JessDVD said:

I've been a SAHM for 95+% of my adult life so excuse my lack of experience here, but Bull's arrogance and obvious cluelessness aside, how much is it on a boss to promote an employee versus an employee to seek out advancement? If Marisa wanted to be a partner (which I totally believe the writers ALWAYS had in mind and didn't just invent for this plotline), is that on Bull or her? Also, I totally believe that rando company invented for this plotline would just put her on the letterhead out of the gate without working with her for ten minutes or so to see if she's, you know, a non-lunatic.

I would imagine a good boss would want to reward his good workers and would know what their "Currency" is, for some that might be a partnership or more time off, flexi hours, pay rise etc. Bull isn't a good boss though. I still don't really understand what it is he does and why he is such an expert at it. To me it is his team who do all the work and relay everything back to him in court where he can speak to them without the Judge getting hearing or getting annoyed??!!

I find the show to be really boring actually and can't believe NCIS was ruined by Weatherly leaving for this crap. So I could be biased.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:34 PM, JessDVD said:

Could they possibly have troweled on the cheesy music making it clear that inevitably they will be investigating Marisa's new company or some other such shenanigans that will result in Marisa back at TAC, any harder? I mean, really now. 

It actually makes me proactively angry that however she ends up coming back, it will probably negate her very valid points about Bull's total lack of interest about anything concerning Marissa's goals, hopes, wishes, etc.  I especially liked what she said when he came to her office, about how he was doing this because of what he wanted.  I have a hard time buying that this guy who is supposed to be so in tune with all these personal nuances, could be so incredibly blind over and over and over again when it comes to Marissa, especially since she has very clearly told him what's up. 

Case of the week? 

I was stunned how cavalierly Bull recommended that she do the surgery.  IIRC, they said it had a 50% chance of death, but he basically gave that no thought.  It was also incomprehensible that they wouldn't have proactively addressed with the jury, the concept of medicine to help her not have those type of outbursts, since that was one of my first questions about the possibility of her living with her daughter again.

If the writers intended for us to side with what Taylor was saying at dinner, they missed the boat big-time.  The accusation that he would be doing this solely to get back at her for rebuffing him romantically is laughable...that he would upend his entire world to move to Hawaii, and risk possibly losing his child in the process?  It's almost like she has a blind spot in understanding stuff that concerns her ex and child, just like Bull has with Marissa.

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I fast forwarded through the Title scenes, but I stopped quickly enough to get the point that Title didn’t get any money from the data she supposedly sold.  Still don’t like Title though. 

It made no sense for Taylor's character, that she wouldn't first have used her hacking skills to try to find out if the charges against Title that the FBI agent told her were true.  She's smart enough to know that FBI agents play games to get what they want.  And even if she didn't do that, she would at least have asked Title directly before putting some tracking device on the computer.  And I don't recall if Taylor talked to Chunk or Bull about that whole FBI thing before it went south, but if she didn't, then that also makes no sense for her character.  She would definitely have gotten their advice before becoming so entrenched as to put the tracking device on.

• Love 2