Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E96: Afterparty: What, No Cheers?

• Start Topic

Host Keshia Knight Pulliam sits down with Jasmina, Katina, and Mark the Shark as they discuss pre-wedding nerves, first impressions, and what Mark really thinks of Lindsey's outgoing personality.

Airs Wednesday, Jan 12 2022, at 11:03PM EST.

The interesting thing about watching this episode was trying to gage whether the couples are still married by how they discussed their new spouses (since this was taped after the whole series had finished filming). Shockingly, Katina seemed pretty hot for Olajuwon. She seemed to enjoy watching their wedding clips, and didn’t exhibit any annoyance at the bachelor party/stripper clip.

Mark acted uncomfortable the whole time- very un-mark the shark-like— and watched the clips and spoke like he was kind of trying to hide his distaste for Lindsey and her behavior, without actually having to lie.

Jasamina was the hardest to gage. She seemed to like Michael, but wasn’t giving too much away.  

Edited by Cramps
  • Love 9

If you watched the other two ladies, especially Jasmina's, expressions while Lindsey was blathering on and on about the quiet bride-to-be (can't remember her name) blocking her and sitting alone during the bachelorette party you can tell whose side they are on and it's not Lindsey's. Kesia let Lindsey dominate the conversation and she did. The other ladies barely had a chance to comment or get a word in edgewise. Her personality is going to be a bit much for Mark, and the cast members, to deal with. Too much ME, ME, ME.

• Love 3

I watched last night, but Lindsey wasn't on (except in clips), so maybe I am in the wrong thread. What I noticed was that, for me, the show was only around 40 minutes. I don't know what was on after that. I like Keshia much better than Jamie O. I don't know if I will watch it again, but I wanted to give it a chance. Mark looked pretty uncomfortable the whole time. I don't think he will stay with Lindsey. It sounded like the other two women were attracted to their spouses. Good for them. I didn't find either of them attractive. I am not holding out much hope for these matches, but will watch a little more. 

• Love 4

No, you’re in the right place. Lindsey was on the first after-show episode. This is the thread for the second one, which Lindsey wasn’t on. But quite honestly, she was so overwhelming on the first episode, that it was almost like she was still there! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I love how Jasmina ignored Keshia's scale of 1 to 10, but I didn't like her answer. The scale is stupid. How attracted they are to their spouse isn't that bad, but eh. She said she was happy & saw why they were matched & hopes who she got at the wedding is who she'll get for the rest of her life. Huh what? "Happy" is an odd way to say you find someone attractive. Ain't no way she already knows why they were matched from what we saw, so she shouldn't have said that nonsense. I want to know what she meant by the last part. What, specifically, about his behavior she hopes continues? Of course he'll be different when he becomes more comfortable and familiar with her.

• Love 1

How did they pick who participated in the after show this episode? Katina & Jasmina AGAIN??? Meh. Mark was largely ignored. Should've had all the husbands that got married. Ask Michael why he didn't toast? Ask Olaj why he didn't ask anything about Katina? I really hope that was bad editing. She didn't appear to ask him anything either. Could've asked her about that.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Lindz said:

How did they pick who participated in the after show this episode? Katina & Jasmina AGAIN??? Meh. Mark was largely ignored. Should've had all the husbands that got married. Ask Michael why he didn't toast? Ask Olaj why he didn't ask anything about Katina? I really hope that was bad editing. She didn't appear to ask him anything either. Could've asked her about that.

I was going to post the exact same thing, even about Mark being largely ignored.  So far Keisha doesn't seem any better than Jamie O.  Maybe worse actually.  Not sure I would blame the editing for that, though. 

I have always been suspicious about why they got rid of Jamie in the first place.  Who exactly was making "complaints" about her and on what basis?  This show obviously doesn't care about famewhores and people doing stupid things so most of the "reasons" that were speculated make no sense to me.  A lot of people speculated about former cast members "lobbying" for the position but nothing has been speculated about Keisha's role in this.  And since she's the one that replaced Jamie, I would suspect her most of all, but that's just me.

• Love 1

Jasmina's dress looks better this episode. It's odd to see them change outfits so soon. I wonder why they all changed outfits. Before, it looked like they filmed multiple episodes of the after show on the same day. I wonder if that's changed or if they're trying to make it look like they film on different days. 🤔

I thought maybe they had Katina and Jasmina back on since they didn’t get a word in edgewise with Lindsay on last week.
I’m not seeing much difference with Keshia as a host including the same hair style and short dresses.  I’m really curious how she came to replace Jamie in the first place. 

• Love 2

They must want people on who were prominently featured on the episode it was covering. Which let out two of the five couples, whose weddings we haven’t seen yet. Why the two other grooms weren’t featured yet, I have no idea. 

I do not get a good vibe from Mark regarding his and Lindsey's marriage. I felt from the get-go that she would be too much for him, and that's definitely the impression I'm getting from this afterparty. I actually like Lindsey, and we've seen a softer side to her, but I think that brashness and lack of filter is a turnoff to some people. I'm curious to see how their relationship plays out...is it going to be one-sided where she likes him better than he likes her, or are they going to hate each other? I don't picture them falling in love (although I do think they have a lot in common).

Katina and Jasmina both seem pretty positive at this point, but they also may just be good at hiding their real feelings :) They seemed to have a much easier time coming up with nice things to say about their spouses.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2022 at 9:04 PM, gingerandcloves said:

I do not get a good vibe from Mark regarding his and Lindsey's marriage. I felt from the get-go that she would be too much for him, and that's definitely the impression I'm getting from this afterparty. I actually like Lindsey, and we've seen a softer side to her, but I think that brashness and lack of filter is a turnoff to some people. I'm curious to see how their relationship plays out...is it going to be one-sided where she likes him better than he likes her, or are they going to hate each other? I don't picture them falling in love (although I do think they have a lot in common).

Katina and Jasmina both seem pretty positive at this point, but they also may just be good at hiding their real feelings :) They seemed to have a much easier time coming up with nice things to say about their spouses.

Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious that Mark and Lindsey aren’t together at this point because of his responses and facial expressions on the after party . 
Jasmine seems like she’s still with her husband and Katina was the only one who was hard to tell . 

While I do think there’s a lid for every pot , I think pots like Lindsey need to meet lids on her own accord rather than being matched to be married at first sight . It’s not fair to Mark or whoever her spouse would have been . Her personality is not easy to get along with and us just plain annoying. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious that Mark and Lindsey aren’t together at this point because of his responses and facial expressions on the after party . 
Jasmine seems like she’s still with her husband and Katina was the only one who was hard to tell . 

While I do think there’s a lid for every pot , I think pots like Lindsey need to meet lids on her own accord rather than being matched to be married at first sight . It’s not fair to Mark or whoever her spouse would have been . Her personality is not easy to get along with and us just plain annoying. 

I'm really curious what her ex-fiance is like. Wish I knew the whole story behind their relationship/breakup. I'm going to go dig around a bit.