Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Chapter Five: Comeuppance

PrincessPurrsALot
  • Start Topic

Feeling guilty for Jenn and Bryce losing custody of their children, Desna offers them use of her condo, where Jenn begins secretly taking Oxy to steady her nerves. After Uncle Daddy is awarded custody of the kids and then promptly misplaces them, the girls are forced to enter a foster home.

I'm still watching and am thoroughly entertained by its unabashed silliness. I, too, suspect that her little boytoy is an undercover cop or federal agent and that it'll be Desna herself that brings her own criminal enterprise down.

I laughed my everliving ass off when Bryce was in the car reassuring himself as Jenn got out to talk to the kids: "Just kissing them goodnight." (pause, then sees Jenn herding the kids to the car) "Oh, it's an abduction now. Okay." 😂

• Love 6

I cracked up when Polly came back from her brief time in jail all glowing and revived. Carrie Preston is a treasure.

Desna was an idiot to think Jen and Bryce wouldn't try to get the girls back. Desna knows how the system works—why is she giving them any information? Does she want them to permanently lose custody? Uncle Daddy taking the rap for the abduction was one of the best things he's ever done. Jen's Mexican fantasy was pretty funny, though. I appreciate when the show goes totally bananas with stuff like that.

I am also suspicious of hot delivery guy. I'm not sure if I want him to be a fed who takes Desna down or if he's some sort of rival who's trying to ruin her from the inside (sorry). He's got to be more than just her fuck toy.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

I missed some episodes last season, so what happened to Roller?

He fled to Mexico or other non-extradition country.

So glad BD stepped in to take care of Baylor & Brianna. The best of all worlds. What was the court thinking Uncle Daddy could do it (of course, they don't know what he really does...). 

Loved Polly railing on the judge after what he said. Whatever role in society you have doesn't give you the right to be an a$$ to anyone, especially people who are trying to help the kids. The Baron is turning out to be a decent guy. Glad Pols was able to be revived by jail!

"Quiet" Ann is so annoying. There's no way she's going to get out of the life. Desna has been trying to do that for a long time, but just keeps getting in deeper and deeper. I don't think Uncle Daddy's going to let her just start a new life after making him money!

Loving Virginia & Georgia! They're so cute together.

• Love 2

My wish for the end of this once-great escapism show?  All of them end up in jail, except Virginia and Dean.  Maybe Georgia too since she’s new to this band of psychos.

I never liked Big Daddy as a character but now I loathe when he’s on screen.  His ridiculous Lair of Lunatics is just so stupid.  Yes, Clay is a freak show, but I feel like the writers all got together to smoke weed, eat hash brownies and wash it all down with LSD smoothies before trying to create the most bizarre underworld they could dream up.

Jen won’t turn to alcohol as a way to deal with her girls being removed, because she knows she’s a recovering alcoholic.  But popping Oxy is not an issue for her-eventhough her husband is a recovering addict??  Mmkay.  Makes as much sense as anything else in this show.

I was a little sad when I heard 2 of my former favorite shows were ending this year, but Claws and This is Us have become more about hate watching and despising characters that were so well written for a few early seasons.

On 1/6/2022 at 1:17 PM, BusyOctober said:

My wish for the end of this once-great escapism show?  All of them end up in jail, except Virginia and Dean.  Maybe Georgia too since she’s new to this band of psychos.

Why should Virginia and Georgia get off the hook?  Only Dean should get a happy ending.  I'd like to see him graduate Midwife U.

On 1/4/2022 at 5:50 PM, JenLily said:

I laughed my everliving ass off when Bryce was in the car reassuring himself as Jenn got out to talk to the kids: "Just kissing them goodnight." (pause, then sees Jenn herding the kids to the car) "Oh, it's an abduction now. Okay."

Kevin Rankin is Claws' secret weapon, he's hilarious as posted above, and then he's heartbreaking when Big Daddy takes the blame, and then he's hard to like when he's Fight Clubbing.  Great range.

• Love 1

Kevin Rankin has done an incredible job with his character.  He really is a great character actor.  He is one of those folks I am quietly impressed with in everything he is in, then at the end I realize overall what a great range he has, as @sugarbaker design points out.  

I don't hate the characters on the show because they are all so OTT at this point. Maybe they'll all end up in Mexico with Roller; only I would prefer that Desna end up with ridiculously hot delivery guy.  I would assume that, before the show ends, Desna will reconcile with Quiet Ann.  They were very close for a long time.  I also hope Desna realizes that she has lost her focus on the team.