Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E09 Bars

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

Valeria makes an impulsive decision about her future that stuns the women. Lauren deals with an overzealous fan turned up-and-coming rapper. Naomi comes face-to-face with her old rival, Zadie aka Lady Z.

Original Air Date: January 4, 2022

Yeah Bri’s kids and mom would have been there mourning as well. Plus, everyone was carefully saying “what happened to Bri” instead of “when Bri died” all throughout the episode. 

It felt like a weird turn for the show tonight. They’ve already given up on becoming a successful girl group again before even fully getting started. Now they will be solo artists who run a record label together? They couldn’t agree on the direction of their group so how are they going to agree on how to run a label? How are they going to offer the artists the services they are promising? Where is the startup capital going to come from because I’m sure the artists would like to get paid. 
Muffin’s story is ridiculous. So she suddenly wants to take the bar exam without having gone to law school. Did she even go to college? There is a path to taking the bar exam (see Kim K), but she would have to apprentice under an attorney who would agree to be her mentor and teach her what she needs to know. You can’t just randomly sign up to take the exam on your own. Plus, the police are not going to drop charges because some rando calls them up with a grand speech. That does not happen. 

• Love 4

I figured they hadn't killed Bri off because that would have just been too harsh.

Agree that the whole jumping around to now they are going to start their own label is out there.  So Eric sold his house to get out from under his debt and there was still money enough for he and Naomi to buy Bri's home?  I know real estate is crazy in California but is that the money that's being used or is it coming from investors and if so, who are they and can they be trusted?  What sort of business model/plan do they have to run this type of operation?  I know the record industry is different than it was years ago but still this seems rather fly by night.  Having a recording space is not the only they'll need.  I'm glad they actually got another rapper to step in since Eve is on break.

I'm still trying to figure out how the cop even got ahold of the drugs after Lauren tossed them out of the car.  It's not like people don't litter but unless he had his window open when she tossed that baggie, I don't get how that even happened.  Back to Lauren, so she was trying to be an actress...?

And yes, Muffin getting the charges dismissed, come on now even if she did call the mayor who's kid she'd performed for.  Her being called out by some wannabe and her former posse, okay.  If she wants to be a lawyer, good for her, at this rate, she'll probably be the legal part of this new label the ladies are starting up but yes, law school or an internship are pretty much necessary...

Valeria's storyline was ridiculous.  Marrying a guy you don't even know?  I don't care how long they talked that night/morning, they somehow never ever discussed their family situations until after the I do's?

I'm wondering if they are just trying to wrap up loose ends and give this show some sort of closure since I doubt the ratings for this epi have improved over the rest of the season.  Based on at least one article this show was at the bottom of ABC's shows for the Fall season so unless this gets taken to another network outlet where it would do better, I can't see it going past this initial run.

Having watched a few too many episodes of Cops over the years, I know that officers are trained to notice if someone throws something out of their window. I think the cop’s partner walked back down the road where they spotted her throwing something out while he was talking to Jill and she found the baggy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/5/2022 at 6:12 AM, Angeleyes said:

Yeah Bri’s kids and mom would have been there mourning as well. Plus, everyone was carefully saying “what happened to Bri” instead of “when Bri died” all throughout the episode. 

It felt like a weird turn for the show tonight. They’ve already given up on becoming a successful girl group again before even fully getting started. Now they will be solo artists who run a record label together? They couldn’t agree on the direction of their group so how are they going to agree on how to run a label? How are they going to offer the artists the services they are promising? Where is the startup capital going to come from because I’m sure the artists would like to get paid. 
Muffin’s story is ridiculous. So she suddenly wants to take the bar exam without having gone to law school. Did she even go to college? There is a path to taking the bar exam (see Kim K), but she would have to apprentice under an attorney who would agree to be her mentor and teach her what she needs to know. You can’t just randomly sign up to take the exam on your own. Plus, the police are not going to drop charges because some rando calls them up with a grand speech. That does not happen. 

But of course the police didn't drop it and Lil Muffin wasn't just some random person but a celebrity. As in all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.  So when the Deputy D.A. on the case blew her off she went to a political celebrity peer, the mayor who must have put in a word with one of his peers in the County D.A. who overrode his deputy and the charges got dropped.

That we didn't know anything about her before the series any backstory prior to her celebrity status can be punched into the story

• Love 1
On 1/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, milkyaqua said:

Valeria's storyline was ridiculous.  Marrying a guy you don't even know? 

Smash Williams! But yeah, that was ridiculous, as was Muffin getting the charges dropped.

• Love 1