Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Champagne Problems

• Start Topic

On 12/22/2021 at 3:32 PM, Harvey said:

Gabriel overfeeding Emily and Alfie so they can't be intimate was a baller move 🤣.

This is the most interesting Gabriel has ever been as a character, LOL.   And I kind of love that poor Alfie finally tries to make a French friend and enjoy French culture ... and it's with Gabriel.  

Julien's line:  "What?  Everyone wants a French daddy."  Hee.

Watching Sylvie almost sabotage things with Erik was painful.  Thank goodness she came to her senses.  Antoine is such a pompous ass.

I give Emily some credit for mostly keeping her wits about her when Mr. Champere cut part of his thumb off.  Did everyone just leave Camille passed out on the lawn?   Even the photographer was apparently too busy sending the pictures of her father covered in blood to tabloids (jerk move, honestly) to care that she fainted.    

Emily, you wanted Camille and Gabriel back together, and Alfie is great.  Stop with the sad faces.  I'd forgotten she slept with Camille's too-young brother last season ... and I did not appreciate the reminder.

As for the fashions: Hair and makeup apparently called a truce with Camille, but wardrobe is still out to destroy her -- why was everything shapeless and like five sizes too big on her?  Seriously, what the hell were those baggy shorts and those giant jeans??  As for Emily: the light green outfit was a bit boring but the color was great and what a lovely, peaceful feeling to not be assaulted by patterns for once!  I actually loved her top at the end (and this is the important part ... it was paired with simple white jeans, not some other crazy-ass pattern).  I liked the first top she wore, too - but not for a work outfit and for the love of all that is holy not with that clashing skirt.  Argh, why?  Sylvie's see-through dress at the end ... ugh, it looked like cheap stretchy lace or something, but the point was just to be sexy, so whatever I guess.  Mindy's weird-ass Nike swoosh jacket - ick, ew, no. 

• Love 4

For a show with Apple products galore complete with obnoxious iPhone cases, I love that someone decided to give Sylvie a Samsung Z Flip.  Watching her close her phone to end the call with Antoine was much more satisfying then what can be done with a regular smartphone.  

• Love 2

I wish we'd seen Emily try to drive the stick, or at least lurch her way out of the chateau.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, greekmom said:

Honestly thought that the scene with Emily, Camille and Gabriel on the bed was going to turn out to a ménage à trois.

I'm a bit surprised the show passed that up.

• Love 4
On 12/22/2021 at 9:23 PM, greekmom said:

Honestly thought that the scene with Emily, Camille and Gabriel on the bed was going to turn out to a ménage à trois.

That was absolutely what I thought was going to happen, it would have been at least a bit more of an interesting turn. I keep hoping that Emily really will get over Gabriel and move on with Alfie, but I feel like that is pretty unlikely. 

Nice returning to wine country, which is beautiful and Emily is less likely to dress like a sexy clown while out of the city. I felt bad for her, Camille trying to make her look bad to keep her perspective son in law back is very shady. Although, Gabriel feeding Alfie and Emily insane amounts of food so they wont go to bed together that night, while shady, is the most interesting Gabriel has ever been. 

• Love 1