Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Boiling Point

• Start Topic

Go Sylvie, get it!   Although why did they cast the photographer with someone who looks so much like Gabriel??

The Julien / Gerhardt flirtation was cute.  

Luc's suggestion that they come up with a list of photographers for "women straddling things" - and Sylvie's response - was LOL.  And I love fudge, but Sylvie's look of disgust at the mere mention of it cracked me up.  

I actually loved Emily's restaurant opening dress (once she took off that coat).  That last outfit though .... the mix of green and black houndstooth and a multi patterned white and red dress ... I think the show is just messing with us sometimes.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Not a dancing club but yes, there are places where the bar stays open after food service and music gets louder.

I've got a bar near me where on weekends they bring in DJs on Friday and Saturday nights at 11 and clear half the floor of tables and chairs to make a dance floor and I just live in a generic suburb. I don't think that's very uncommon at all.

It was weird that Antoine never said anything about it before opening night though since you sort of have to plan to allow that. Like he apparently hired a DJ and then just had the DJ set up wherever? It didn't really make sense.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Ok, this is petty but really irks me. Emily did NOT take a fudge tour of Mackinac Island on a Vespa. They aren't allowed on the island. No cars. No motorized vehicles except for emergencies and utilities, and they are never seen in the public streets. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 12/24/2021 at 8:39 AM, SlovakPrincess said:

The Julien / Gerhardt flirtation was cute.

I'm more invested in this romantic subplot than anything the show has thrown at me regarding Emily.

This was an enjoyable episode from a humour point of view thanks to the increase in office banter.

Random question: When French people speak in English do they really say Paris and not Par-ee? I just feel that's one word you wouldn't convert into English pronunciation.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

Random question: When French people speak in English do they really say Paris and not Par-ee? I just feel that's one word you wouldn't convert into English pronunciation.

No, they don’t.  But the pronunciation of Par-ee is softer than English speakers make it sound.  It’s the R.

• Love 1