Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Do You Know the Way to St. Tropez?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Harvey said:

I really liked the scene where Camille confessed her feelings to Emily. It was well-acted and emotional. Plus it was nice to see how supportive Emily was through the whole thing.

That and the scene where Mindy talked about her deteriorating relationship with her dad -- nice to see Emily in the supportive friend role.  

I actually do feel for Emily on the Gabriel situation ... she honestly thought he and Camille were already over and that Gabriel was leaving Paris for good, or she never would've slept with him that night.  Not sure why she thinks trying to push them back together solves the problem (they clearly had deeper problems in their relationship beyond his attraction to Emily), but she never wanted to hurt Camille.  

I see wardrobe's crazed vendetta against Camille continues.  Yikes, why would they dress her in that high-necked, long-sleeved black thing for a summery party in St. Tropez?  Madness.

Emily's entire self-inflicted mess with the Pierre luggage/Gregory post could've been avoided by her ... getting the client's approval before she posts /allows something to be posted about their brand!  Good grief, that has got to be Marketing 101!   Glad the show acknowledged Emily was in the wrong and had her learn a lesson.  And Julien may be moving in on her account ... ooh, intrigue!

• Love 6

It's Season 2.  How long has Emily been there?  She's still not speaking French, even trying to learn the basics, even ATTEMPTING - she's not even REMOTELY embarrassed that she can't speak the language?

Even Carrie Bradshaw could get around with basic French!  And that was right when she stepped off the plane!  She tried to NEVER use English except when she was with her boyfriend!  Emily is getting PAID to be there and work!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's Season 2.  How long has Emily been there?  She's still not speaking French, even trying to learn the basics, even ATTEMPTING - she's not even REMOTELY embarrassed that she can't speak the language?

Even Carrie Bradshaw could get around with basic French!  And that was right when she stepped off the plane!  She tried to NEVER use English except when she was with her boyfriend!  Emily is getting PAID to be there and work!

Based on her boss's pregnancy, seems to be about 5 months.

• Useful 3

Emily is so insufferable so far. Why is she so obsessed at throwing Camille and Gabriel back together when Camille is hinting she wants to break up with him? Am I supposed to feel sorry for Emily? I’m glad Matthieu left her at the train station. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, twoods said:

Why is she so obsessed at throwing Camille and Gabriel back together when Camille is hinting she wants to break up with him?

Because she feels guilty about sleeping with him. If Camille and Gabriel get back together, then Emily didn't break them up.

• Useful 1

Emily really needs to invest in a French course, its ridiculous that her French is still so bad at least point, its like she's trying not to learn French just to be stubborn. 

The Gabriel/Camile/Emily situation is really messy, I wish that Emily would at least talk to Camile about starting to move past Gabriel even if she doesn't tell her about them sleeping together. Its clear that Gabriel is into Emily, even if Emily doesn't want to be with him he is clearly not as in love with Camile as she is with him. Honestly if I had to choose, I would rather be friends with Camile over dating Gabriel, she's pretty awesome. 

Emily is so weirdly clueless for a marketing person, she really sucks at reading a room. I don't really get having a whole Champaign that exists just to be sprayed, especially at a nice sit down place. People eat there, its not a mid 00s music video, they don't want their nice outfits ruined. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Emily really needs to invest in a French course

Since the first season she's been shown in French class, but I don't think she works all that hard at it.

Though in a later episode she does impressively reel off a defense of someone in French. So something is getting through.

• Love 1