Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E06: Elliot

shantown
  • Start Topic

Elliot overcame a traumatic childhood and moved to Las Vegas to pursue his dream of becoming a chef, but the rampant drug culture in restaurant kitchens along with the sudden death of his brother sent Elliot reeling.

Airs 11/22/21 (10:01-11:04pm) on A&E

I’m so happy for Elliot. He seems like a sweet guy who really loves his siblings, and he looked great at the end.  Hope his mom gets help someday. She must be exhausting to deal with.  Didn’t care for his dad much-just leaves 5 kids with a woman he knew was unstable. It’s that all or nothing parenting style. He only wanted them if he never had to deal with her, and that’s selfish. 

• Love 3

I knew mom wouldn't get any help. I wonder if there are drugs involved with her too. Her speech was so pressured. I was concerned when it said that he went back to Vegas for the memorial, but I'm glad to see he went back to Arizona. There's nothing for him in Vegas. 

• Love 4

All I kept thinking in this episode was "this sounds so familiar...just like Anthony Bourdain" then Elliot said he wanted to be just like Anthony Bourdain. Well...he realized that dream! Bourdain was not a great chef/cook. He was OK...he never really was a "chef" he was a line cook at a French Bistro. That's where he really got into drugs...complete after hours drug culture in the restaurant kitchen scene. I would imagine it's ten times worse in Vegas where there is such an abundance of party drugs and other drugs. Elliot seemed like a sensitive sweet guy who needed counseling and help after his girlfriend died and even more after his brother died. Self medicating his pain and anguish just cause more pain and anguish. Glad to see him clean and sober and getting the helphe needed so badly...good decision to stay away from Mom...yikes!

• Love 1

Wow, this crazy mom was right up there with Fetus in a Jar Mom. Walking her five kids to Bakersfield from Vegas? Yeah, that's completely normal, especially because it "never happened!" I was glad Elliot has good family who love and support him in the right ways so he can maintain his sobriety, just hope he stays away from Mom. She crazy!

• Love 1

Mom definitely has some mental issues and needs to be medicated for her own good.  She already has a diagnosis, but is refusing to believe it.  This happens a lot.  

However, the daughter needs counseling and to be educated in how to stop triggering her Mom.  Talking over her and arguing with her in front of Ken wasn’t the best way to handle that meeting.  Talking about Mom to Ken afterwards and refuting her  statements then  would have been better. 

I was surprised that Elliot made it through recovery, the Las Vegas memorial and back to Arizona without relapsing. 

• Love 1

I hope Elliot stayed in Prescott. It's a wonderful little town where people will look out for him. 

All those siblings need counsel on how to deal with Mom. I was ready to walk out of the room just listening to them  try to have conversation for 5 minutes! 

• Love 1