Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Reclamation

• Start Topic

I watched this on preview last week and thought it was a decent episode, though perhaps not quite as gripping and action packed as the previous week's trailer would have led you to believe.

It's largely a three hander with Morgan Grace and Al, it does seem that much of the writing is being dictated by covid protocols, having stand alone episodes with just a few of the cast present. I'll post more once everyone has seen it.

It seems these first 6/8 episodes have been "where are they now?" episodes to bring us up to date. The CV-19 reasoning makes sense, but they're mostly dull. 

Personally, I don't really like Al, so this episode didn't do much for me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

It seems these first 6/8 episodes have been "where are they now?" episodes to bring us up to date. The CV-19 reasoning makes sense, but they're mostly dull. 

Personally, I don't really like Al, so this episode didn't do much for me. 

It's her only appearance this season apparently, so you Al haters are in luck, you'll not have to see her again.

I think the storyline about the lengths the CRM will go to to cover it's tracks and hide its existence from outsiders, basically going to great lengths to kill anyone who is aware of their existence, is in some part seeking to explain why rick has never tried to go back to Alexandria over the six years he's been with the CRM, if he escaped they'd hunt him down with extreme prejudice and kill everyone in Alexandria for good measure.

It is all a tad contrived though, the CRM exists purely as a plot device to explain Rick's absence and to facilitate the rick movies, which are definitely going to happen. (TRMWADGTH)

• Love 2

Maybe I dozed off, but I thought Morgan and Grace went to the helicopter to get ammo and fuel (Al told them that the MRAP would run on aviation fuel). How did they do this, what container did they use, and how on earth did they transport that much fuel back to the MRAP? By the way, I read that MRAPs get about 6 mpg, but maybe with all the deserted diesel trucks and helicopters littering the countryside, fuel is abundant!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Craft Cocktail said:

Maybe I dozed off, but I thought Morgan and Grace went to the helicopter to get ammo and fuel (Al told them that the MRAP would run on aviation fuel). How did they do this, what container did they use, and how on earth did they transport that much fuel back to the MRAP? By the way, I read that MRAPs get about 6 mpg, but maybe with all the deserted diesel trucks and helicopters littering the countryside, fuel is abundant!

You are quite a lucky one indeed..you dozed off!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Craft Cocktail said:

Just one more ridiculous item about this show that truly insults the viewers intelligence. All of this available fuel for this MRAP.  Bitch___ Please.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Just one more ridiculous item about this show that truly insults the viewers intelligence. All of this available fuel for this MRAP.  Bitch___ Please.

And the camera, tapes and batteries that are still running perfectly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I for one am glad Al is gone.  I understand she was searching for her partner but then she wasn't.  Huh?  Her not explaining to Morgan why just bored me to death.  What was Al's problem?  They should've killed her off a long time ago.

• Love 4
On 11/22/2021 at 2:55 AM, BasilSeal said:

I think the storyline about the lengths the CRM will go to to cover it's tracks and hide its existence from outsiders, basically going to great lengths to kill anyone who is aware of their existence, is in some part seeking to explain why rick has never tried to go back to Alexandria over the six years he's been with the CRM, if he escaped they'd hunt him down with extreme prejudice and kill everyone in Alexandria for good measure.

So World Beyond hasn't offered any explanation for why they were so secretive during their early years?

8 minutes ago, Starchild said:

So World Beyond hasn't offered any explanation for why they were so secretive during their early years?

World beyond offers little in additional information on the CRM that you couldn't glean from what we've already seen. there's stuff relevant to the plot but nothing about their history, how the CRM was formed, who's behind it etc. 

There is one piece of information and i'll spoiler it as it isn't relevant to this episode thread, but it isn't a plot spoiler for TWB, just general info on the CRM

Spoiler

The one thing we find out about the CRM in TWB is that the civic Republic has a civilian leadership which is separate to the military, but for the moment the military are still in charge, and there is a suggestion that the CR's civilian leadership doesn't know everything the military are up to. so the CR and the CRM are perhaps two distinct entities, and maybe the military aspect is responsible for the obsessive secrecy which they enforce with extreme prejudice.

• Useful 2