Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: It's Not What You Think

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Walker tells his family about the surveillance cameras in their home and partners with Denise to lure out whoever is watching them. Liam doesn't trust Denise, or her husband Dan, which frustrates Walker who is trying to mend the rift between the families. Micki continues to deal with the ramifications of her time undercover.

Airdate: 11/18/2021

Another good episode. Dan is so shifty. It'll be interesting to see what he does now since he thinks his wife and Walker are having an affair. I am rooting for Micki and Trey, but with Micki leaving the show, I don't have high hopes. I am curious to know what Liam's issue with Dennis is other than the feud. There seems to be something more between him and Walker regarding her. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, funandfitpt said:

Another good episode. Dan is so shifty. It'll be interesting to see what he does now since he thinks his wife and Walker are having an affair. I am rooting for Micki and Trey, but with Micki leaving the show, I don't have high hopes. I am curious to know what Liam's issue with Dennis is other than the feud. There seems to be something more between him and Walker regarding her. 

I'd like to think that later that night, Denise told Dan the whole story about what they tried to do in order to lure the stalker out (including the fake hanky panky). "Gee honey, you wouldn't believe the day I had and what we had to do to catch the bad guy".  But this is tv-land so I kinda doubt it. 

Also, for Gail to have her chili added to the Side-Step menu as Barn Burner Chili? Just ... wow. 

I absolutely adore Micki's house. It's so cozy and cheerful with all the bright colors. I actually like the church painting and the spot she chose for it is perfect. 

Edited by wlk68
  • Love 2

I'm usually all for telling the truth as soon as possible on TV Land, but maybe it wouldn't have hurt until after Stella took the SATs for Walker to be all "Hey, funny story!  Turns out we've been being spied on for who knows how long!  No biggie: just a mild invasion of privacy thing!"  I know time was probably of the essence, but he could have probably at least waited to tell her and loop everyone else in.

Already getting ourselves a classic love rectangle!  Walker and Denise clearly still have feelings for one another, but it's always going to be tricky due to the family feud (and certainly not helped by Walker suspecting Denise thanks to Liam's concerns.)  This obviously doesn't please Dan, who is likely going to ramp up his vendetta (and helped that he is now a "hero" in a lot of people's eyes.)  Meanwhile, Geri clearly came to ranch wanting to tell Walker how she feels about him, but now thinks he and Denise are a thing.  Ah, good old mishaps!  Of course, what they really need to do is find some way to have Geri and Dan become an item, because that's something the Annables would be familiar with!

The stuff with Micki and Trey is well acted, but it's hard to get interested knowing that Lindsay Morgan is actually leaving, which means the likely outcome won't be a happy one.

Not sure what to make of Bonham and Abeline wondering about if they actually want to remain on the ranch for much longer.  Also noticed Auggie was in a lot of scenes with them, so I wonder if they're setting him up to potentially take over one day, since neither Walker, Liam, or Stella seem interested.

Hmm... the flashback scene where Young Denise tells Young Walker that her parents were fighting certainly is making me suspicious about what really went down those years ago.

• Love 2

Da Denise and Red Flag Dan are already in couples therapy? They haven't been married that long. Run Denise, run! Your mom will keep your husband's chili heated for you. 

Is it just me or is Walker kind of goofy this season. He's so twitchy and "aw shucks." I don't mind Walker being less angsty (and I definitely don't miss the gauzy flashbacks of the dead wife), but for someone who has spent all that time undercover which requires acting I don't get why he has to act like such a goofball. Maybe switch to decaf or something. 

Team Liam on this one. Walker needs to get over the BARN OF GUILT AND SECRETS since I'm even more sure this week that Evil Chili Mom murdered her husband since we now know in flashback that the Davidson's were fighting. Unless Walker is keeping things close to his vest then there is no way that Liam is the only one that isn't suspicious of Red Flag Dan's presence at the Walker ranch. 

Edited by ZeeEnnui
minor mistake
  • Useful 1

How is this the first time I realized that Dan was played by Dave Annable of Brothers and Sisters? I think it was the gray hair that threw me. 

By him shooting that guy, he took away a lot of his problems and unwittingly helped throw everyone off his scent.

I always hate plots that revolve around misunderstandings, so I hope the Geri thing works out quickly, because that will get annoying quick.

I also believe Denise will be eating a lot of crow when she finds out Dan was, in fact, one of the people behind that camera. 

My guess is that Dan will let it slip about seeing her with Walker.

Edited by Sweet Tooth
  • Love 2

I might be misinterpreting things, but I thought it looked like Dan realized that Walker and Denise weren't actually having an affair when she told him that they were trying to find out who was spying on the Walkers, although they still need to clear things up with Gerri. Dan might have realized that spying on his neighbors to try and fix his marriage is a bad idea, but he is a seriously sketchy weirdo, hopefully Denise finds out sooner rather then later. The tidbit about Denise's parents fighting makes me suspect that mom had something to do with it, but Dan is still my darkhorse candidate, he's certainly weird enough. 

I got a kick out of the surveillance guy constantly making fun of Dan, first at him spying on their neighbors over an incident that happened decades ago to help his marriage, and then that Walker and Denise were having an affair. 

Did something else in the backstory happen with Liam and these guys? He seems so fiery about this feud, even more than everyone else, he's taking it super personally. He isn't wrong to be suspicious though, especially of creepy Dan and the mom who I am sure is hiding things. 

Micki's whole story is even sadder knowing she is leaving the show. 

I wonder where the old map is headed? Most of the scenes of Bonham and Abeline talking about selling the ranch seemed to feature Auggie, maybe he ends up wanting to run it one day?

• Love 4
On 11/22/2021 at 2:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

I might be misinterpreting things, but I thought it looked like Dan realized that Walker and Denise weren't actually having an affair when she told him that they were trying to find out who was spying on the Walkers,

That was my take also.

On 11/22/2021 at 2:59 PM, tennisgurl said:

I got a kick out of the surveillance guy constantly making fun of Dan, first at him spying on their neighbors over an incident that happened decades ago to help his marriage, and then that Walker and Denise were having an affair. 

Yeah, that was fun.  I'm a little confused, though.  I thought the surveillance was sold to Dan because the Serranos didn't want it any more.  So, why was he hanging out with him watching the videos?  Why would they want to bring in what was essentially a random accomplice into their already shaky operation?

I wish this page was spoiler free.  

• Love 1