Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Breathe with Me

• Start Topic

Not only does every random community have a Geiger counter, they have also developed some nice radiation gear and have obtained anti radiation medicine that was manufactured more than a decade ago. This is too much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Another group of grungy enemies? What are they going to be called? 

The Wolverines? The Ghostface Killahs? The Strippers? 

I started watching this show again after a 4 season hiatus because I heard it was good, and mostly because I don't have anything better to do on a Sunday evening. After 4 episodes, I'm pretty much done. I'll watch the next 4 & then I think I'm out. I like doing the live chat, but it's deader than Chandler Riggs' career in there. 

• Love 1

This season is like an extremist version of how pretty much every other season has gone: I'm actually intrigued by the premise, the promos look good, and I find at least a few of the characters likable or interesting enough, but then it's a whole lot of ridiculousness and WTH to sit through for a few cool bits. Every time. And I guess that's on me.

The show scores a few points for having someone point out to these idiots that if they're going to overshare every detail of their lives and what they're doing on walkie talkie, that means anyone else can also hear them. I read somewhere that the showrunners liked the actor playing the original bounty hunter/head in a box so much they decided to bring him back as his twin brother. Which, fine. But then you end up with another bounty hunter for Morgan story that didn't make sense but did get the dog needlessly killed.

I generally like Sarah well enough, but her story about how she and Wendell are "twins" still doesn't really answer any questions. I kind of love that after seasons the show addresses Wendell's actor having left to take a job on another show with an episode-long hunt that ends with "Oh, he's in the tower over there. You don't actually need to see him, right?"

Again, I'm one who thought I really wanted to see the rise of Strand as a villain, but this overly mannered over the top portrayal we're getting is ... difficult to watch.

• Love 9

Why is it necessary for Strand to wear that ridiculous costume, is it supposed to make him look more powerful or threatening, it's a bit over the top.  I almost expected Morgan and Sara to point and laugh when he popped up wearing that, so silly, come on show you can do better.  Kind of sad as I found a lot of them to be decent actors when the show began, but it's almost become cartoonish if that's the right word. 

Edited by wintrygal
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, wintrygal said:

Why is it necessary for Strand to wear that ridiculous costume, is it supposed to make him look more powerful or threatening, it's a bit over the top.  I almost expected Morgan and Sara to point and laugh when he popped up wearing that, so silly, come on show you can do better.  Kind of sad as I found a lot of them to be decent actors when the show began, but it's almost become cartoonist if that's the right word. 

He has to wear a costume because he's emoting as if this is a Shakespearean play. Right now I hate every time he's introduced.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

He has to wear a costume because he's emoting as if this is a Shakespearean play. Right now I hate every time he's introduced.

I did not mind mind for the hat in the first place, but it seems that he adds a piece of clothing in every episode.🤔 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KeithJ said:

I was just happy to see Luciana (even if it was only for a minute).  Over the past few seasons, she's been pretty much non-existent for a main character.

To the point we are up to, I would not be surprised if we see "DOG" coming from TWD In The Littlest Hobo style and having his own episode before we see her back.🐶

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I noticed Maggie Grace was billed as a guest star.  Is she no longer with the show full time? 

Much like the original, my interest in this is waning quickly.  Also, much like the original, they are getting waaaay to many characters.  If a nuclear explosion didn't thin the herd (so to speak), I don't know what will.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I noticed Maggie Grace was billed as a guest star.  Is she no longer with the show full time? 

Much like the original, my interest in this is waning quickly.  Also, much like the original, they are getting waaaay to many characters.  If a nuclear explosion didn't thin the herd (so to speak), I don't know what will.  

It looks like none of them can be considered full time. I would not doubt that, due to covid, they filmed each actor's appearances for the entire season in different blocks of a week or two and then stitched everything together in the editing room.... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So the idiot brother had to kill the dog.  Good job, asshole.

That's all I got from this one.   I like Sarah and Invisible Wendell is OK but the whole brother storyline was dumb.  At least I don't have to worry about Rufus anymore.

Again, I'm one who thought I really wanted to see the rise of Strand as a villain, but this overly mannered over the top portrayal we're getting is ... difficult to watch.

Yes, it's tiresome and not really what I expected.   Strand's weird vendetta against Morgan is also tiresome.   I also agree that there's this mini-quest to find Wendell and then they just give up and we don't see Wendell because it's too difficult to get him from another show.  Whatever.

I was kind of looking forward to this season and now, not so much.

• Love 1