Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Part IV

• Start Topic

I’m really enjoying this season - I’m still not sure what is going on.

So Percy is dead, and Ambrose did see what he saw, but I’m still not sure who the figure was that Percy was kneeling before on the night she died, and who she saw on the bluff that night, or who she was so afraid of. I’m still very curious to figure all of this out, and I’m not sure who to suspect.

Colin was on my radar from the start, but after this episode I’m not sure if he had anything to do with whatever was going on with Percy, he definitely is controlling and has issues, but I don’t think the incest theory was correct. And Meg now seems to want Ambrose to get to the bottom of the situation, but does she have her own agenda? And Sean seems out of the loop on everything, or is he? Still not sure what the Lam family role is, and yeah I wonder about Lou the police chief as well and if he knows more than he’s telling, but I’m suspicious of everyone on this show.

I’m guessing this Valerie person is who got Percy into the spiritual stuff, and it looks like we will meet her next week.

Goodbye Sonya and I’m glad she’s gone!! Her and Ambrose have no chemistry, and she doesn’t seem to understand him at all, Ambrose loves getting to the bottom of mysterious cases and he’s not going to abandon a case, and Sonya doesn’t seem to get that. She dragged down the show and Ambrose, I hope she’s gone for good.

Overall I love this season and I’m curious to find out more.

• Love 5

I'm also enjoying this season, and have no clue where things will go from here, especially now Percy is confirmed dead, and Colin doesn't look as guilty as he did last episode. Sure, she was into weird occult practices of some kind, but that still doesn't explain anything. 

I thought that was a huge time leap - one minute Ambrose is getting pushed into the ocean fully clothed in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, the next he's walking into the house soaking wet. I live by the Atlantic ocean, and even on a calm day that scenario is no joke. The water is usually freezing,  the coastline is usually extremely rocky, and it's difficult to swim in heavy wet clothing. And there are strong currents.

Are we supposed to think Colin just shrugged and thought, "Oh well. He'll be fine."? I thought he was going for a life preserver but who knows. Maybe we'll learn later that he called Ambrose back into the boat, which makes more sense in terms of Ambrose not drowning. 

I hate having to wait for the next episode. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Ugh, the previews for the next episode annoy me in concept (at least how the preview presents bits and pieces).  I didn't like it in season 3 when Harry did stupid shit to ingratiate himself with Jamie, and I don't like the idea he would do it again in season 4, even if what happens in the next episode is more innocuous than agreeing to be buried alive.

• Love 1

I wonder if Ambrose is going to make the deranged mermaid vocalizations too! 
I was off about the incest angle between Percy and Colin too and I’m relieved they didn’t go there. It sounds kind of cultish or that there is some ancient “deal” they make with the sea divinity to garner blessings, maybe a sacrifice? 

I’m glad Sonya took off. I’m not sure why she was even in this season except to remind of his damaged and that being as investigator will always be an inextricable part of who he is and his relationship needs to accommodate that. Sonya  Asking him to leave was like cutting off his life support as much as asking Sonya not to paint again. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I'm glad Sonja is gone, too.  I didn't mind her, and honestly thought she behaved like a normal person would.  Ambrose IS obsessive, and is difficult to be with when he's obsessing over a case.  You never know where he is or if he'll be around when he says.  You also never know when you'll get dragged into eating dinner at some stranger's house so he can grill a family about a murder, when you were expecting to have a nice, romantic meal at a good restaurant.  Or when he'll get dumped off a boat, maybe never to return.  And she was 100% in the right to want to leave immediately after their rental house was broken into.

But all of that makes her incompatible with Ambrose, so it was only right for her to move on without him.  So I'm glad that's over, and we can focus on the detecting. 

• Love 7