Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: What It Takes

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Okay, well I asked because that's what Roman called him.

Totally missed that! Coming from Roman I would guess he was just meaning that Tom the husband was just there like as a placeholder for husband because Shiv didn't love him and wanted to sleep around...? In that sense I guess he could be considered a trophy husband. Like if she didn't feel like she should be married she wouldn't have married him.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Two Major questions I forgot to ask:

1). Why is Tom a trophy husband?  Am I dumb?  Sure I said MMCF was a sex god in Pride and Prejudice, and he was, but Sarah Snook is gorgeous and younger than he is.  Is it because.... he's dumb?  Useless?  Just there as a placeholder because Shiv needs a husband, but doesn't even love him?  (Ouch)

2).  I completely missed Sanaa Lathan's character quitting or being fired - what?  What happened?

Thank you

1). I have to rewatch because I have the same question! 😊

2). At their last meeting, the lovely, intelligent attorney (Lisa?) told Kendall it wasn’t a slam dunk, the documents weren’t as incriminating as he thought, so he shot the messenger & fired her. It wasn’t shown, so at first I also wondered if she quit or was fired. But the way he announced it to the team made me feel certain he fired her & found someone he could lead around by the nose instead.

• Useful 1
Just now, IslandGirl said:

2). At their last meeting, the lovely, intelligent attorney (Lisa?) told Kendall it wasn’t a slam dunk, the documents weren’t as incriminating as he thought, so he shot the messenger & fired her. It wasn’t shown, so at first I also wondered if she quit or was fired. But the way he announced it to the team made me feel certain he fired her & found someone he could lead around by the nose instead.

Thank you!!!!! 

• Love 1
On 11/29/2021 at 3:56 AM, IslandGirl said:

Also Lisa asked Kendall if he thought he was smarter than her which of course forced him to answer no. Kendall thinks he's smarter than basically everyone so that hit to his ego was probably the final straw.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Also Lisa asked Kendall if he thought he was smarter than her which of course forced him to answer no. Kendall thinks he's smarter than basically everyone so that hit to his ego was probably the final straw.

Yes, although Lisa did respond, “Maybe you are smarter than me but I’m a better lawyer.” (something like that)

I find myself liking Kendall less & less. I was rooting for him in the beginning—now I feel like I’m just rooting against Logan...

• Love 1

Every episode a couple of lines stick with me either because they’re hilarious or profound. When Tom so casually, nonchalantly mentioned in the middle of a conversation, “...My prison consultant said...”, I almost fell off the couch. 🤣 As if it were as common as having an accountant, lawyer or dentist! The way MMF delivered that line killed me. 😂

• Love 2