Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/1/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 11/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, deirdra said:

Sunny's argument that "Independents" didn't want the stink of a Republican label on them made no sense. [snip] Would Sunny vote against Abraham Lincoln if he were running today just because there's an R beside his name?

The party endorses the candidate, not the other way around. In Lincoln's time and before, a candidate's party designation indicated they were supported by a party that already had certain positions on the issues, whether it be slavery or the gold standard (then) or climate change and voting rights (today). So in those eras and today, when voters support a party's major issues, they vote for the candidate endorsed by that party.

Wow Schiff really shut down whatshername, in essence telling her that her question was stupid.

20 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

The makeup department has got to ease up on the many layers of makeup they are caking on the hosts. All I see is makeup!

IK! They look like wax figurines.

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Aaron Rodgers is a putz. A lie by omission is still a lie. State Farm is keeping him because they fear losing more customers if he’s cut than not. It’s a business decision. Sheesh, the NFL isn’t even going to punish him for lying. (He might be fined for going to a party but not for lying about being vaxxed.)

Listen to Big Bird, children, not Aaron Rodgers.

Ugh, Morgan whatever her name is pulling out the whatsboutism to excuse the appalling behavior of Congressional Reps. Go back to being a bump on the log, Morgan. Better yet, just go.

“The credibility of your question is in doubt.” Ha!

Robin Thicke is a creep. Apology or not. 

Yeah he's just gross. Icky.  I do have to give him an iota of apology ONLY because he's Canadian. Gotta love those Canadian boys 🙃🤗  point Im trying to make is that only a Canadian would apologize. He did it, knew it was wrong, and apologized. Canadian 😜

On 11/5/2021 at 2:30 PM, Back Atcha said:

THAT's another important reason...and it worked for the first few years.  NOW they ALL bother us.  I've never seen so many huge postcards or had as many calls as in the past year or so.

Being unenrolled ( that's what independent is  called in my town, which I despise) makes you a target for every political  phone call, mail et al.   Very Annoying.  I stopped answering my phone at all and leave my answering machine volume UP, to take if necessary.    If it is important, like a family or friend, they will leave me a message or call later also.

I am now being harrassed by Medicare and Health Insurance callers.  I pay for my phone, but can hardly use it for outgoing calls, so many  "incoming ones from the devil"  LOL