Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: End of Watch

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Yeah I knew something was off with Ortiz when he didn’t back up Ruzek.  I enjoyed the episode. I actually like Ruzek and think he is very sexy. I like him with Kim too  

I noticed this ep his face was starting to look a bit “Botoxy” or like he’d had a few fillers.  
I hope he stops if he is because he doesn’t need them! 

• Love 3

I was just relieved that "End of Watch" wasn't title code for another main character getting killed off. 

And Ortiz set off some red flags for me, too. I knew he lied about being in the basement, but when he told Ruzek to stand down and let them get away, that was my first hint that he was a little shady.

• Love 3

This was a solid episode IMO.  Precious little of Jay and Felony Barbie and a lot of good scenes with Ruzek and Burgess.  Not enough Atwater, but there rarely is.  You just knew Sal was going to be dirty, but decent episode overall.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I was just relieved that "End of Watch" wasn't title code for another main character getting killed off. 

And Ortiz set off some red flags for me, too. I knew he lied about being in the basement, but when he told Ruzek to stand down and let them get away, that was my first hint that he was a little shady.

I think Ortiz wanted Adam to let him go so he could top himself. That was the impression I got from it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Episodes surrounding Kevin and/or Adam are my favourites! 😍

Due to this episode’s title, I was expecting Ortiz to eventually be dead.

I was also expecting to see Makayla with her new platypus! 😥

I wanted to see that! Makayla and Ruzek are cute together.

• Love 4

I think this episode wins the weekly Samuel F.B. Morse award for telegraphing a plot so perfectly. Let's see, we've got a beloved veteran cop on the verge of retirement who we've never ever heard of before (and never will again)...how else could this story go. Invariably either the way Ortiz wanted it to end, the way it did end. Or door number three, he turns out to be clean in the end and ends up getting shot and killed by a Bad Guy (who in turn is put down by Our Heroes).

8 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I think this episode wins the weekly Samuel F.B. Morse award for telegraphing a plot so perfectly. Let's see, we've got a beloved veteran cop on the verge of retirement who we've never ever heard of before (and never will again)...how else could this story go.

Yeah, as soon as the hugs started, I knew that he'd be dead and/or dirty.

• Love 1

A little behind and just getting caught up.

I was kind of spoiled since I read the episode preview blurb (will have to not do that again), not that it was hard to surmise that Sal (Carlos Solis is the only name I'll think of when I see this actor) was dirty.

But when they went to the stash house and you could see him appearing to descend down to the basement, how did he find the watches that quickly?  He couldn't have been down there for more than a few minutes?  And then he had time to go back to his car, hide the watches, and grab his flashlight?  And then cleared the kitchen and <some other room>?  How did they not see him coming and going?

When Sal asked Ruzek to let him go back inside, I presume he wanted to commit suicide?  How would he do it?  Voight took his gun.