Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: The Wedding of Dan and Louise

Pallas
  • Start Topic

She's not using Mikey, she was honest with him from the beginning that she wanted one-off sober sex with someone, and asked if he was interested.  He said yes, he told her afterward he had feelings, she told him that's not possible for her to explore - with anyone - at this point in her sobriety, and he has respected that.

After the unplanned bathroom fuck - in which, again, he was a completely informed participant - at the wedding when she was freaking out about accidentally taking a drink, she said she needs to develop better coping skills than the distraction power of sex.  So she's not even going for a friends with benefits relationship with him.

In the future, who knows, but Becky needs to focus on herself right now, and she knows that.  I'm not sure why anyone would think it a good idea to toss the unnecessary complication of a romantic relationship into her life right now, but at least Becky knows not to.

• Love 2

I hated this episode.  Not just because it felt really contrived (the scene with them yelling back and forth in the car during a storm would have never happened during the "good" years of Roseanne), but also because they didn't take time to honor Roseanne Conner as a character.

I realize it's awkward when the actress who played her was forced off the show, but they could have had some small scene of acknowledgement.  Dan is moving on from Roseanne for the first time in 40(?) years, and that has to be an emotional experience no matter how long he's been with Louise and how much he loves her. 

And though I like Louise, I'll admit I'm not crazy about her marrying Dan.  I liked her better as the girlfriend who came over now and then but also had her own life.  I don't see her meshing well with Darlene and Becky, or fitting into that dysfunctional mess of a household.  The not-very wedding made the transition to marriage feel even less authentic than it might have otherwise, and harder to accept. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

I hated this episode.  Not just because it felt really contrived (the scene with them yelling back and forth in the car during a storm would have never happened during the "good" years of Roseanne), but also because they didn't take time to honor Roseanne Conner as a character.

I realize it's awkward when the actress who played her was forced off the show, but they could have had some small scene of acknowledgement.  Dan is moving on from Roseanne for the first time in 40(?) years, and that has to be an emotional experience no matter how long he's been with Louise and how much he loves her. 

And though I like Louise, I'll admit I'm not crazy about her marrying Dan.  I liked her better as the girlfriend who came over now and then but also had her own life.  I don't see her meshing well with Darlene and Becky, or fitting into that dysfunctional mess of a household.  The not-very wedding made the transition to marriage feel even less authentic than it might have otherwise, and harder to accept. 

Louise's family according to her is just as crazy or even worse than Dan & his, so I think she fits into the family just great and will be fine with them, she's her own person and can handle them she has so far so I don't see a problem there.

As for them not mentioning Roseanne the writers are trying to move on so that's why she wasn't mentioned and just because she wasn't mentioned at the wedding doesn't mean she won't ever be anymore, this was Dan & Louise's day. Louise has wanted Dan forever and I think she would probably have married him had he not been with Roseanne first so it fits in with her character and I think that's why she never got married before now. (and other than the fact that she was always on the road with her band too)

Edited by ESS
  • Love 3

So men are “outside animals,” but Dan has to rescue the wedding when reality didn’t meet Louise’s unrealistic expectations. This continues to be one of the most agenda-driven shows on TV. 

• Love 2