Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: The Wedding of Dan and Louise

Pallas
  • Start Topic

I refuse to believe that two people in separate cars driving next to each other in a torrential rain storm could hear a single word the other was saying. And how are they yelling through open windows and no one seems to be getting wet? (Well, Fred Savage was but Darlene and Jackie weren't.) Though when the camera angle changed to through the windshield it looked like their windows weren't open, since water seemed to be streaming across the top corner of Darlene's window, so...

I liked the dresses (not sure how they got them so quickly after they had the wrong sizes one day earlier but I'll just leave that alone). They looked great.

Loved Mary's flower girl song.

Since when does the bridesmaid's random date walk down the aisle with her.

Darlene's such a 🤬. I hate sitcom weddings where people are so self-centered they can't behave themselves for even one day. Or even for the time it takes to do the ceremony.

So they started the ceremony when no one knew if the bride was even there?

Sure, lets just get ourselves killed before we can get married. Great plan.

"Yeah, sure, it's been going pretty well so far." Well, I know what my vows will be if I ever get married.

• Love 23

OMG shut up Darlene!! Everything has to be about her. She couldn't even put aside her entitlement for her Dad's wedding. 🤬🤬🤦‍♀️

I felt bad for Becky accidentally drinking and so annoyed with Jackie for the mixup. 

Where is DJ's wife? I thought she retired from the military.

I am not sure how I feel about that wedding ceremony 🤔

And no Louise they are not moving out.

• Love 24

I loved the episode!! Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Conner!! I was a bit worried there for a minute when Louise started to freak out, but I knew she'd show up! It was so sweet Dan helped her. Jackie thank goodness didn't ruin their wedding and actually helped them out when the minster went into the shelter so I was so happy about that!! I liked that Becky and Mikey were there together and that he helped her out when she was panicking from drinking the alcohol. Harris and her boyfriend I don't know about them. Ben & Darlene that was wrong time to bring up everything! We now know Louise's middle name yay!! Aww I loved we got to see their first dance as husband and wife!! I'm just soo happy for them!! ❤

Edited by ESS
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I refuse to believe that two people in separate cars driving next to each other in a torrential rain storm could hear a single word the other was saying. And how are they yelling through open windows and no one seems to be getting wet? (Well, Fred Savage was but Darlene and Jackie weren't.) Though when the camera angle changed to through the windshield it looked like their windows weren't open, since water seemed to be streaming across the top corner of Darlene's window, so...

I liked the dresses (not sure how they got them so quickly after they had the wrong sizes one day earlier but I'll just leave that alone). They looked great.

Loved Mary's flower girl song.

Mary's song was great XD. And yes, the dresses were beautiful and I want one. 

Aside from your point about them not being able to hear each other clearly as they're driving through a blinding storm, I will say the general attitudes everyone had about the bad weather and the tornado warning were pretty accurate to how people in this part of the country tend to react, so points in the show's favor for that :p. A tornado has to pretty much be right on one's doorstep for most Midwesterners to stop whatever they're doing. 

I also wondered if Darlene's therapist was breaking any regulations/laws/whatever by talking to her in the midst of all of this as he was. I do like the idea of him going storm chasing on his own time, though, 'cause, again, yeah, something that many people like to do when the weather is bad :p. 

I felt for Dan - here it's his special day and alongside the bad weather and Louse being late to show, everyone's dragging their personal baggage out into the open. I'm glad Mark called Darlene out on her attitude towards Ben - I get things are tense and awkward between them (and they're both contributing to that awkwardness with their behavior), but yeah, fact remains that so long as Ben is a part of the family's lives in general, and since he doesn't have any personal issue with any of the rest of them, then yeah, either Darlene needs to figure out how to deal with him being around or they'll need to go their separate ways altogether. Or, as implied by the ending, they could reconcile. It's their call. 

I liked Mikey trying to calm Becky down when they were in the bathroom with his story about the church once being a Taco Bell :D. Becky's right that she needs to find better coping mechanisms, though, and I hope she does just that. Though I also hope she can continue having a good relationship with Mikey, whatever form it takes, 'cause he's a good guy and the more friends and support she can have, the better. 

I would not be thrilled to learn my 19 year old daughter was dating a 38 year old, either, so, uh, yeah, Darlene might want to sit down and talk to Harris about that at some point. 

The ending with Dan and Louise dancing together was nice :). Looking forward to seeing how they handle married life going forward. 

• Love 11

Harris's date walking down the aisle was weird. What happened to all of Dan's buddies? They should be groomsmen. Doesn't Louise have any friends? Oh well, I'll just chalk it up to the weather.

I thought all the women looked good in their bridesmaid dress. Just goes to show what a proper cut and fit will do

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Harris's date walking down the aisle was weird. What happened to all of Dan's buddies? They should be groomsmen. Doesn't Louise have any friends? Oh well, I'll just chalk it up to the weather.

I thought all the women looked good in their bridesmaid dress. Just goes to show what a proper cut and fit will do

Spoiler

According to what I just read in an interview with the writers Dan's friends weren't available so that's why they weren't there for the wedding

as for Louise's friends who knows probably the weather stalled them not to mention a lot of Louise's family as well (except for Neville of course) 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Is there a reason the minister couldn't just say he'd finish the ceremony in the shelter? It doesn't have to be in the church sanctuary to be legal!

My mom said the same thing. 

• Love 8

So for once I actually didn't have any real complaints about this episode? It's a miracle! I know I'll go right back to whining next week, but for now I'm good. I got close with the tornado, but they didn't go too far with that.

Well, except for no real talk from the kids about how weird it is to see their dad married to someone other than their mom (shoutout to my good friend @Bastet on that point!).

I'm glad they brought back Fred Savage as Darlene's therapist for this Wonder Years themed night of shows, but man, when Darlene found out that Ben had a plus one for the wedding, I was SO hoping it would end up being Danica McKellar. :D 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I also wondered if Darlene's therapist was breaking any regulations/laws/whatever by talking to her in the midst of all of this as he was. 

If he had been the one to tell everyone that he was her therapist, probably. But she's the one who announced it to everyone in the car and started talking to him...

• Love 9

Baby's breath?  Is this a 2021 wedding arrangement or a 1984 prom corsage?

I instinctively rolled my eyes at "Mrs. Conner", as I don't know one person who'd change their name after 60+ years just because they got married, but then checked myself that I don't know enough about Louise to say she wouldn't be into that, so I'm going with it.  And I don't know why Dan would want to get married in a church given his consistent rejection of organized religion, but, again, whatever - these people are rather unimaginative, and just do things the way they were traditionally done (again - baby's. breath.).

At least this wedding stuff is done, and we can - hopefully - get to finally acknowledging some nuanced feelings among the kids when Louise moves in and starts making it her house, too.

I'm also glad to get to this next phase of Darlene and Ben's relationship, where they have to figure out how to deal with each other now that he's not her boyfriend but is still involved with the family.  It's what they should have done with David after she moved to Chicago, instead of dragging that relationship out long past its expiration date.

And I'm glad Mikey seems to still indeed be a good guy who won't push Becky for anything.

"I'm a 13-gallon for future reference" about the trash bag made me laugh out loud, as did Darlene's entire recap of the scooter plan.  And LOL at Ben's mom staying away from the wedding because it's probably going to be a super-spreader event -- which wouldn't even be the worst part.  Mary's flower girl song also made me laugh.

As others have said:

In what universe does some rando walk down the aisle with the bridesmaid he's dating?  (And Darlene better take some time out from this Ben drama to talk with her daughter; Harris has had two typical relationships and then some weird-ass online thing with a married man and now she's dating someone 20 years older than her with two kids.)

Who starts a wedding knowing the bride isn't there?

How the hell did Darlene stay dry during that car-to-car conversation? 

Why not just continue the ceremony in the shelter?  (But the 10-second vows did crack me up.)

• Love 16
3 hours ago, UYI said:

So for once I actually didn't have any real complaints about this episode? It's a miracle! I know I'll go right back to whining next week, but for now I'm good. I got close with the tornado, but they didn't go too far with that.

Well, except for no real talk from the kids about how weird it is to see their dad married to someone other than their mom (shoutout to my good friend @Bastet on that point!).

I'm glad they brought back Fred Savage as Darlene's therapist for this Wonder Years themed night of shows, but man, when Darlene found out that Ben had a plus one for the wedding, I was SO hoping it would end up being Danica McKellar. :D 

They had Danica guest star on Home Economics!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have not been watching this show but I tuned in just to see Katey Sagal. I had no idea she had joined the show. I had heard no buzz about this. She seems to be a good addition. She has played this part on so many shows. I think a lot of the other acting and writing is stilted, unfortunately. There are too many characters in the family now so they get very little to do besides a setup/punchline. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, GussieK said:

I have not been watching this show but I tuned in just to see Katey Sagal. I had no idea she had joined the show. I had heard no buzz about this. She seems to be a good addition. She has played this part on so many shows. I think a lot of the other acting and writing is stilted, unfortunately. There are too many characters in the family now so they get very little to do besides a setup/punchline. 

Katey has been on the show since season 1

Edited by ESS
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

This felt als if the writers room had been working with a check-list for a sitcom wedding. All sorts of disasters, stupid fights, inappropriate wedding guests, last minute switch from priest to regular character who has certificate to do marriages from shady company. The one plotline I would have liked to see - how Dan was fixing the various problems - never played out. I assume some fairy godmothers swept in to fit the bridesmaids dresses.

Darlene was a drama queen. She's supposed to be the smart one but did not think her father would invite his business partner? Or that Ben's plus one would be his mom? At least she realized that her problems should not be dumped on Mark. But it's clear that show intends to keep Ben around and bring them together again. 

I hated Becky's plot. Accidentally breaking sobriety was dealt with on an episode of 'Mom' before and I liked how it was handled a lot better though I do not know if it was in line with AA guidelines. But here it felt like Becky is on her way to substitute sex for alcohol. And that her partner has feelings for her doesn't make it any better (regardless of what he says). I found nothing about that scenario funny.

Mary's song was great. 

• Love 17
14 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

OMG shut up Darlene!! Everything has to be about her. She couldn't even put aside her entitlement for her Dad's wedding. 🤬🤬🤦‍♀️

I felt bad for Becky accidentally drinking and so annoyed with Jackie for the mixup. 

INFURIATING. Becky mistakenly torpedoes her sobriety and clueless Jackie couldn't care less, when it was basically her fault?! And they use it for Whacky Jackie hijinks? WOW. And no real remorse about that mistake also leading to a minor drinking alcohol (Mary). WTF, show?

Jackie was overall cringeworthy tonight. The yelling and screaming were so over the top. 

Darlene is insufferable. She's a selfish, self centered, moody bitch. Run, Ben, RUN.  I'm watching this show IN SPITE OF how rudely unpleasant Darlene is. Not like teenage Darlene, who was bitchy and controlling (Roseanne 2.0),  but still good for a laugh. She's just NOT enjoyable as an adult.  

I just read in an interview with the writers Dan's friends weren't available so that's why they weren't there for the wedding

Chuckie was probably in Seattle, performing surgery at Grey Sloan Memorial. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11

During the tornado I kept thinking “Roseanne is PISSED!!!!”   I know the show is going out of its way not to mention her but a tornado during Dan and Louis’s wedding and it was all about Darlene  missed for me.      

Mom on CBS also had an episode with an accidental flub to sobriety in that case the group of ladies eating pot brownies but the convo at the end was about how if it was an accident and they felt bad about it and didn’t want to do it again the next day it didn’t count as a backslide.    I think the same works for Becky.  She felt bad about it and stopped immediately so she isn’t backsliding.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Chuckie was probably in Seattle, performing surgery at Grey Sloan Memorial. 

Yes that's what the writers said about the actor, he was busy over at Grey's.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Is there a reason the minister couldn't just say he'd finish the ceremony in the shelter? It doesn't have to be in the church sanctuary to be legal!

That’s what I thought too. I was saying, “Just go!!! You can get married in the storm cellar as long as the minister is there!”

I’m glad Louise didn’t skip out on the wedding like it looked might happen. And Becky desperately needs coping mechanisms, or she will be in danger of falling back into old habits. I also hope it gets addressed how Harris is dating a 38 year old (if he appears beyond  this episode) while she is 19. Yeah, they’re both over 18 but a 38 year old generally has life experience while a 19 year old has pretty much just reached adulthood and the point where they first start looking for stable work.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

It was a heavy handed way to force Jackie's importance to Dan and Louise's wedding which she will bring up in future episodes.

4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

This felt als if the writers room had been working with a check-list for a sitcom wedding. All sorts of disasters, stupid fights, inappropriate wedding guests, last minute switch from priest to regular character who has certificate to do marriages from shady company. The one plotline I would have liked to see - how Dan was fixing the various problems - never played out. I assume some fairy godmothers swept in to fit the bridesmaids dresses.

Darlene was a drama queen. She's supposed to be the smart one but did not think her father would invite his business partner? Or that Ben's plus one would be his mom? At least she realized that her problems should not be dumped on Mark. But it's clear that show intends to keep Ben around and bring them together again. 

Mary's song was great. 

It felt like I was watching an episode of Roseanne in syndication where scenes were edited from the first showing on the original network. I wonder how many scenes were cut for time because it felt it could've be an hour or two part episode.

I have no clue why Ben would want Darlene back after she has acted since the breakup.

• Love 9

This episode felt rushed, like they wanted to get the wedding out of the way. There was just too much stuff going on outside of the wedding. 

It’s a bit alarming seeing Mark stand next to Darlene. He’s just so tall and not what I’d picture the son of David and Darlene. 

• Love 17

I'm sorry but this version of Jackie sucks. It's just final season Jackie with extra alcohol. Her reaction to Becky's slip was absolutely horrid. I'm increasingly disturbed by how this show treats the subject of recovery.

Darlene is just a pain in the ass. Ben is well rid of her.

I share the disbelief at how no one seems to be having a problem adjusting to Dan getting married.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

It’s a bit alarming seeing Mark stand next to Darlene. He’s just so tall and not what I’d picture the son of David and Darlene. 

Harris, as well. Shorter, more brooding and curly headed was the way to go on these two.  Harris and Mark look like the kids Darlene might have had with Becky's old boyfriend, Dean. Or maybe Barry.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

A tornado has to pretty much be right on one's doorstep for most Midwesterners to stop whatever they're doing. 

After we’ve thrown pillows at the tv weatherperson who cut into our shows repeatedly to give us a 15 minute weather lesson on wind speeds, etc while telling us 12 times that the possible tornado isn’t even in our county. Or never actually even existed, but the radar showed that weather conditions were such that one might form. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, cardigirl said:

So Becky's baby doesn't exist anymore? They never even talk about Beverly Rose.

I understand all the reasons they don't want a toddler on set, and I certainly don't miss her, but they should toss in occasional references to her.  The wedding would have been an ideal opportunity for that; Dan and Louise could ask Becky if she's sure she doesn't want Mary to carry her down the aisle with her, and Becky say thanks, but she'd probably get fussy at a wedding, so she'll just stay with Emilio and his aunts.

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I understand all the reasons they don't want a toddler on set, and I certainly don't miss her, but they should toss in occasional references to her.  The wedding would have been an ideal opportunity for that; Dan and Louise could ask Becky if she's sure she doesn't want Mary to carry her down the aisle with her, and Becky say thanks, but she'd probably get fussy at a wedding, so she'll just stay with Emilio and his aunts.

A well-written and well-conceived show would have done just that. Becky is stressing about college, so she calls Emilio to talk to the baby.  Becky is proud of being sober for X number of months, she mentions looking forward to having her daughter back with her.  It's not difficult to add in. This just makes it a storyline they've dropped. UGH. That, and the fact that most of their poverty seems to stem from bad/stupid decisions they make for themselves and less about being oppressed by bad economy and not being able to get ahead.  

I guess I'll stop watching now.  Becky was the one character I enjoyed since all Darlene does is scowl and ignore her children.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

Mark's Grandpa Connor is pretty tall, though, as is DJ.  Maybe the tall gene skipped Darlene but manifested in both of her kids, because Harris is pretty tall, too.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 10

Also, David's mom is tall, and Mark (the elder) was a good five inches taller than David.  The complexity of recessive genes are usually enough to explain away casting weirdness, and I'll indeed go with it here - although, yes, it is quite noticeable now when Mark (the younger) towers over his mom and would over his dad as well.  But, it happens.

Mark doesn't look like a Conner-Healy at all, but again - it's TV, and it does happen in real life (I have a friend who is the blonde child of a brunette and a redhead, as is her brother; with both, one has to squint to find resemblances).

• Love 8

4 HOURS AGO

During the tornado I kept thinking “Roseanne is PISSED!!!!”   I know the show is going out of its way not to mention her but a tornado during Dan and Louis’s wedding and it was all about Darlene  missed for me. 

I thought that was strange as well. One of the writers came up with "tornado" after reading a synopsis of one of the original recipe Roseanne shows.  ("that's the ticket"!)  There could have been some bittersweet moment with Jackie and Dan reminiscing about Dan and Roseanne's wedding - something that would give us a lump in our collective throats.  Instead, we got a lump of coal - whiney a$$ Darlene with her "it's all about meeeeeeee" attitude.  Sure, your father who lost his wife and is finding happiness again is purposely pissing you off by having his boss/friend stand up with him.  Your bridesmaid's dress was picked out to show your lack of chestiness.  Everything resolves around Darlene (**waves pointer finger in a circle above my head***) 

I have several young grandkids who have been in multiple weddings.  When they were babies, they were wheeled down the aisle in wagons or some kind of cute decorated carriage (in fact, the youngest is 16 months and is in a wedding in three weeks).  The more advanced "walkers" walked right down the aisle cutely into the arms of another relative (cue Emilio's aunts").  Why have Becky have a child and it goes down the vortex of "lost Connor children" with baby Jerry and toddler Andy (who did walk/ was carried at Darlene's wedding). 

Mary's song was great. I really enjoy her sarcasm!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, LindaT said:

Was Sarah Chalke at Dan & Louise's wedding?  I thought I saw her sitting near the isle.

I thought I was the only one and was seeing things. I totally thought I saw her too. 

4 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

It really feels like the show has been deliberately showing him seated recently to try to hide this fact, which makes scenes like that one stand out even more. 

• Love 6

It just seems so creepy and mean-spirited that none of the kids even mentioned thinking about their mom when their dad is remarrying. Especially DJ, who Dan pretty much checked out of raising in most of the original show because he was dealing with Becky/Darlene drama.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I thought that was strange as well. One of the writers came up with "tornado" after reading a synopsis of one of the original recipe Roseanne shows.  ("that's the ticket"!) 

It's the Midwest. There are dozens of tornados every year. It would be weird  if they ALL bypassed Lanford. I'd bet it was just a way to explain the lack of friends and family and an excuse to have Jackie perform the ceremony.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, bobalina said:

It's the Midwest. There are dozens of tornados every year. It would be weird  if they ALL bypassed Lanford. I'd bet it was just a way to explain the lack of friends and family and an excuse to have Jackie perform the ceremony.

That's exactly it, as Bruce Helford and Dave Caplan said in an interview posted in the Media thread (and that first part is just how Helford responded when a writer pointed out there had been a tornado episode in an early season of Roseanne):

TVLINE | Neither of you were attached to the original Roseanne until Seasons 5 and 10, respectively, so I don’t suppose the tornado was an homage to the Season 1 episode “Toto, We’re Not in Kansas Anymore”?

HELFORD | No, actually. We had decided on the tornado and then someone in the writers’ room said to us, “You know, there was an episode about a tornado,” and my comment was, “Well, I’m from Chicago and there’s more than one tornado you live through in your life.” I experienced a lot of tornadoes. Some of this was also based on when I was a kid and we had my bar mitzvah. It occurred during one of the worst ice storms in Chicago’s history. On the drive to the synagogue, we hit three parked cars as my father was skidding around, trying to get there…

CAPLAN | We didn’t think it made sense for Dan to get bar mitzvahed at this point, so we went with the wedding instead. [Laughs]

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

All the ladies looked lovely in their bridesmaid dresses, including Darlene; no suspenders necessary.

Darlene having the hissy fit at the church because Ben was there, sniping at him, was dreadful.  Everything is always about her all the time and she can't even maintain some form of dignity and decorum for two minutes.  And she's supposed to be a role model for her two children?

Jackie was apparently drunk being Wacky Jackie while Becky is upset about the accidental sip.  I'm glad Becky had Mikey there for support.

Why did Louise change into the long-sleeved long black dress after the ceremony at the house?  She looked beautiful in her wedding dress!

I'm interested in Harris' plus one Aldo and what happens with them next.  I think he's cute and since I don't get HBO I'm unfamiliar with his Righteous Gemstones role.  I'll be the only one here who doesn't care about the age difference and that's OK.  Just as long as he treats Harris right.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't enjoy Mary's little song.  Who cares what she thinks about it?  Why complain about anything while performing wedding ceremony duties?  She should have just stayed home with her MIA mother if she felt that way.  I had no problem with the bridesmaids being escorted down the aisle by the various men.  Traditions vary and there are no set in stone rules.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Maybe because the writers wanted us to actually see the ceremony no matter what? 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

All the ladies looked lovely in their bridesmaid dresses, including Darlene; no suspenders necessary.

Darlene having the hissy fit at the church because Ben was there, sniping at him, was dreadful.  Everything is always about her all the time and she can't even maintain some form of dignity and decorum for two minutes.  And she's supposed to be a role model for her two children?

Jackie was apparently drunk being Wacky Jackie while Becky is upset about the accidental sip.  I'm glad Becky had Mikey there for support.

Why did Louise change into the long-sleeved long black dress after the ceremony at the house?  She looked beautiful in her wedding dress!

I'm interested in Harris' plus one Aldo and what happens with them next.  I think he's cute and since I don't get HBO I'm unfamiliar with his Righteous Gemstones role.  I'll be the only one here who doesn't care about the age difference and that's OK.  Just as long as he treats Harris right.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't enjoy Mary's little song.  Who cares what she thinks about it?  Why complain about anything while performing wedding ceremony duties?  She should have just stayed home with her MIA mother if she felt that way.  I had no problem with the bridesmaids being escorted down the aisle by the various men.  Traditions vary and there are no set in stone rules.

They'd pretty much all changed. I just thought they'd all gotten soaked.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I think she wanted to be more comfortable maybe she was uncomfortable in her wedding dress? 

Just now, bobalina said:

They'd pretty much all changed. I just thought they'd all gotten soaked.

That could have also been the reason too. 

• Love 1

On 10/13/2021 at 10:16 PM, cardigirl said:

So Becky's baby doesn't exist anymore? They never even talk about Beverly Rose. This show is so bad. 

I keep forgetting about Beverly Rose because no one ever mentions her - not even Becky! They don't need a toddler on set but there's no mention of picking her up from her aunts, asking someone to babysit when she goes out, speaking about wanting to have a better future for her child - nothing. I wish they hadn't given Becky a child if they were just going to act like she never existed. 

22 hours ago, Bastet said:

I instinctively rolled my eyes at "Mrs. Conner", as I don't know one person who'd change their name after 60+ years just because they got married, but then checked myself that I don't know enough about Louise to say she wouldn't be into that, so I'm going with it.  And I don't know why Dan would want to get married in a church given his consistent rejection of organized religion, but, again, whatever - these people are rather unimaginative, and just do things the way they were traditionally done (again - baby's. breath.).

At least this wedding stuff is done, and we can - hopefully - get to finally acknowledging some nuanced feelings among the kids when Louise moves in and starts making it her house, too.

I'm also glad to get to this next phase of Darlene and Ben's relationship, where they have to figure out how to deal with each other now that he's not her boyfriend but is still involved with the family.  It's what they should have done with David after she moved to Chicago, instead of dragging that relationship out long past its expiration date.

And I'm glad Mikey seems to still indeed be a good guy who won't push Becky for anything.

"I'm a 13-gallon for future reference" about the trash bag made me laugh out loud, as did Darlene's entire recap of the scooter plan.  And LOL at Ben's mom staying away from the wedding because it's probably going to be a super-spreader event -- which wouldn't even be the worst part.  Mary's flower girl song also made me laugh.

As others have said:

In what universe does some rando walk down the aisle with the bridesmaid he's dating?  (And Darlene better take some time out from this Ben drama to talk with her daughter; Harris has had two typical relationships and then some weird-ass online thing with a married man and now she's dating someone 20 years older than her with two kids.)

Who starts a wedding knowing the bride isn't there?

I rolled my eyes at the whole Mrs. Conner thing, too, because I personally don't believe in it and I think it's ridiculous to be changing your name at this age. But I do know people who really equate getting married with the name change. And I can see never-married, white-wedding gown-wearing Louise being one of those people. 

I was glad we finally saw Mary and I've seen situations where the flower girl or ring bearer are much too old for those roles. I thought she would have been a bridesmaid or junior bridesmaid, but maybe she was filling in for the intended flower girl. 

Also assumed the weather was the reason the bridal party was escorted by their random dates since Dan only had DJ in his party.

Ben is apparently going to be around for a bit. I feel like it's forced but whatever.  

9 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

This episode felt rushed, like they wanted to get the wedding out of the way. There was just too much stuff going on outside of the wedding. 

Mark is my favorite. Besides being so much taller than his parents, he's also way brighter and sunnier. Harris is pretty tall, too. 

3 hours ago, bobalina said:

I guess the storm helped them have a smaller wedding, although I don't know why they couldn't have just planned a smaller wedding that didn't require explaining why there a bunch of people there. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I rolled my eyes at the whole Mrs. Conner thing, too, because I personally don't believe in it and I think it's ridiculous to be changing your name at this age. But I do know people who really equate getting married with the name change. And I can see never-married, white-wedding gown-wearing Louise being one of those people. 

I think it was just Dan calling his new wife by her new title, not Louise necessarily changing her name.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, bobalina said:

I think it was just Dan calling his new wife by her new title, not Louise necessarily changing her name.

I understand what you mean. Lots of women refer to themselves as Mrs. HisLastName or don't correct people who assume they're Mrs. HisLastName without actually changing their last name. I do think that regardless of whether Louise legally changes her name, she probably still equates being married with being called Mrs. Conner. Honestly, there's great discussion potential for this in a future episode. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ESS said:

I think she wanted to be more comfortable maybe she was uncomfortable in her wedding dress? 

That could have also been the reason too. 

Louise's white veil was intact, not wet or soaked in a rainstorm.  Many brides change from their wedding gown to another post-wedding outfit for the reception or going away on their honeymoon, but I found it odd that Louise was in a black dress post-wedding still with the veil on.  Not a LBD, cocktail or party dress, but another long-sleeved floor length dress.  While it was another beautiful gown, I thought it odd.  Especially since she told Darlene dressing in black for her wedding wasn't her thing.

Edited by CrystalBlue
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I understand what you mean. Lots of women refer to themselves as Mrs. HisLastName or don't correct people who assume they're Mrs. HisLastName without actually changing their last name. I do think that regardless of whether Louise legally changes her name, she probably still equates being married with being called Mrs. Conner. Honestly, there's great discussion potential for this in a future episode. 

Starting with an episode of Louise going out on the road again, or performing locally with a band, and being introduced as the singer Louise G-whatever her name is, and Dan being disappointed, miffed or upset that she isn't going by Louise Conner.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Starting with an episode of Louise going out on the road again, or performing locally with a band, and being introduced as the singer Louise G-whatever her name is, and Dan being disappointed, miffed or upset that she isn't going by Louise Conner.

That's a great idea! I hope the writers listen to us😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1