Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: W.O.M.B.

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Loved seeing Forty again but I was getting heavy twincest vibes from the bathtub hallucination.

LOL, me too! I wish he'd be sitting beside the tub, or perched on the counter or something. But Love and Forty did have a completely codependent relationship, so I suppose it made sense he was in the tub with her.

• Love 8

So W.O.M.B is the counterpoint to the last episode man in the woods.  Love’s inner monologue about Sherry was just like Joe’s about Carey and I was here for it!

Sherry’s little floral dress was adorable.  Also she continues to crack me up.  Her little hand to the chest and fall back into the chair as if overcome after the self help guru author answered her vapid question with an equally vapid answer was perfection.  

The slow unraveling of Joe and Love’s marriage begins.  The scene of them boinking thinking about other people was well done and really on track for this couple. I also like how they think they are playing the other one.  They are a mess.  I love it.

I did find Joe’s efforts to drag himself away from Marienne interesting and of course futile. But I think it was quite well done the way his struggle was constructed.  

Ryan Goodwin is now on Joe’s radar, dude's gon’ die.

Also #youcansitwithus

• Love 5

Joe and Love really are soulmates. Deranged, twisted soulmates, especially as they both internal monologue about the exact same things. Even then though its not enough, Love still has her creepy fixation on her brother and Joe has already found a new woman to obsess over. Joe was even really trying to avoid falling into a new obsession and actually had a moment of clarity about his mom, but of course he goes back to old habits. The twincest between Love and Forty was so strong, even Love's subconscious has caught into how Theo reminds her of Forty. Ick.

"Oh shit, Love's gonna kill her." 

• Love 15

This was an interesting episode with some new developments. I think Marianne's ex-husband is in trouble as Joe is probably going to kill him. Sherry continues to be as vapid as before. I enjoyed her new friendship with Love's equally vapid mother. I wonder what Theo's dad is going to find out about Joe and Love. I think he may not be long for this world either.

• Love 1

"You should've just eaten me in the womb." Hilarious, deeply disturbing and it made me feel just a little bit bad for her for a second. 

I did not remember Forty being this attractive. Then again, Love was probably hallucinating the best version of him, so understandable. Yeah, naked hugging in the bathtub as you call your brother your soulmate definitely gives off twincest vibes. 

In fairness to Joe, I do believe he would've shown up for whoever called him to help books. Books are the only thing he has a semblance of a healthy relationship with. 

• Love 1

I'm sure the whole twincest thing was very intentional. Love and Forty's relationship was always teetering somewhere between close siblings and romantic partners.

They reminded me a lot of Brenda and Billy on Six Feet Under, who also had major incestuous vibes.

• Like 1
  • Love 5