Type keyword(s) to search

Book 3: Voyager

Athena
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, Cdh20 said:

Since you've finished reading them all, did you start rewatching from the beginning???

I've been watching episodes here and there on the treadmill for the last few weeks.  I skipped over Season 2, with the exception of Prestonpans.  Season 2 depresses me, as does Book 2, so I tend to not go back through those.  I watched The Doldrums yesterday while running.  It was better than I had remembered.  

1 hour ago, SassAndSnacks said:

I've been watching episodes here and there on the treadmill for the last few weeks.  I skipped over Season 2, with the exception of Prestonpans.  Season 2 depresses me, as does Book 2, so I tend to not go back through those.  

Season 2 is depressing, but Diana wrote it that way. I often wonder if for the show they could have left Claire’s return until the end of the season, so it wasn’t quite so gloomy? Don’t get me wrong, epi 1 & 13 are brilliant. You should rewatch epi 206 though with all the lovely moments ( except the last 5/10 mins ). My fave scene in 210- Jamie kissing Claire goodbye & bowing❤️❤️.

1 hour ago, SassAndSnacks said:

I watched The Doldrums yesterday while running.  It was better than I had remembered.  

Yes, I like that episode, so many sweet moments, (even though I didn’t love the whole ship time)-  horny Claire annoyed about not sharing a cabin with Jamie, them sneaking below later is all kinds of hot, Fergus reminding Jamie that he loved Claire from the moment he saw her, Jamie & Claire talking about Bree in the moonlight, spitfire Marsali calling Claire a whore- just look at them now! Jamie & Claire are killing it this episode, for the first time since her return. 

Edited by Cdh20
Adding a thought
  • Love 1

I like early season 2 because I like watching Claire swan around Paris in fabulous clothes, but I also think that went on for maybe an episode or so too long.  I seem to recall being very relieved to be back in Scotland when they finally went home.

As for the structure of the second book and the second season, I think it was necessary to have the reveal at the beginning of the season because in the book, the knowledge that somehow, someway Claire winds up back in the 20th century with Jamie's daughter (who at the very first people assume is Faith until they start doing calendar math) and the mystery of how in the hell did this happen is suffused throughout Dragonfly in Amber.  And while it made the beginning of that book rough going, it really did enrich the story. 

Just now, toolazy said:

I like early season 2 because I like watching Claire swan around Paris in fabulous clothes, but I also think that went on for maybe an episode or so too long.  I seem to recall being very relieved to be back in Scotland when they finally went home.

As for the structure of the second book and the second season, I think it was necessary to have the reveal at the beginning of the season because in the book, the knowledge that somehow, someway Claire winds up back in the 20th century with Jamie's daughter (who at the very first people assume is Faith until they start doing calendar math and if it's not Faith who the hell is it?) and the mystery of how in the hell did this happen is suffused throughout Dragonfly in Amber.  And while it made the beginning of that book rough going, it really did enrich the story.