Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Rage

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I thought this was a solid episode!  Burgess is understandably conflicted and unsure of herself, but overcame it and was pretty bad ass.  Felony Barbie was at a minimum.  Not enough Atwater, but for once the characters seemed true to who they are.

• Love 3

Voight and Upton remain the biggest POS on this show. 

Of course Burgess comes to the rescue but watching her terror when Voight knocked on her door & then watching Felony Barbie just stand with her miserable sanctimonious shit eating smirk while Kim talked about her PTSD regarding Roy being alive repulsed me ... I just wanted to punch her.

Ruzek, being Ruzek tries to help, fucks it up although he didn't actually tell Platt that Kim wanted a desk job, just that he was checking if it was open. He definitely should've run that one by Kim but he was trying to help because she had told him she didn't know if she would ever be ready to come back, so I can see what he was trying to do. He is also the only one who is seeing all the pain & trauma she is experiencing so I get it....but it's Ruzek, so he fucks it up a little.

Is Felony Barbie the least competent cop in that unit, she never not looks like a cop the way she stands around in the open and of course, in a neat little flashback to when she decided Adam wasn't capable of doing an UC job and blew his cover, she wanted to do the same to Kim at the end. Surprisingly I though Ruzek actually showed enormous restraint, I was expecting him to leap out of the car and screw the whole thing up.

Thank god we didn't have to endure any puke-worthy Upstead nonsense, there one scene where they found the second rape victim was cringeworthy enough...I don't remember Jesse Lee Soffer being this bad an actor. What the hell has happened to him, he's as stiff as a plank of wood.

Ha, despite all that, I actually enjoyed the case this week. (despite having to suspend reality that Kim goes from barely being able to walk, to fighting bad guys with barely a scratch or bruise a day later.. that magic Med Elixer is at it again.)

• Love 5

Burgess was magnificent and was back to being herself even though she is still dealing with her trauma.  She was fearless, brave selfless and took initiative to do what she felt was right even if it meant putting herself in danger.  These traits have always been a part of her characterization going back to season 1 when when she went undercover with Nadia as a prostitute. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Marina Squerciati's acting talents are being wasted on this show IMHO. Undoubtedly she's extremely well paid, though, so there's that.

Shes definitely very talented. My dad said if she had left, the show would've taken a big hit. I agreed and said I couldn't watch Upton and The Boys 

Also Upton and Voight are scumbags. I told my dad that Upton only suckered Jay into an engagement so he won't have to testify in Court if she and Voight get busted 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Guildford said:

Voight and Upton remain the biggest POS on this show. 

Of course Burgess comes to the rescue but watching her terror when Voight knocked on her door & then watching Felony Barbie just stand with her miserable sanctimonious shit eating smirk while Kim talked about her PTSD regarding Roy being alive repulsed me ... I just wanted to punch her.

Ruzek, being Ruzek tries to help, fucks it up although he didn't actually tell Platt that Kim wanted a desk job, just that he was checking if it was open. He definitely should've run that one by Kim but he was trying to help because she had told him she didn't know if she would ever be ready to come back, so I can see what he was trying to do. He is also the only one who is seeing all the pain & trauma she is experiencing so I get it....but it's Ruzek, so he fucks it up a little.

Is Felony Barbie the least competent cop in that unit, she never not looks like a cop the way she stands around in the open and of course, in a neat little flashback to when she decided Adam wasn't capable of doing an UC job and blew his cover, she wanted to do the same to Kim at the end. Surprisingly I though Ruzek actually showed enormous restraint, I was expecting him to leap out of the car and screw the whole thing up.

Thank god we didn't have to endure any puke-worthy Upstead nonsense, there one scene where they found the second rape victim was cringeworthy enough...I don't remember Jesse Lee Soffer being this bad an actor. What the hell has happened to him, he's as stiff as a plank of wood.

Ha, despite all that, I actually enjoyed the case this week. (despite having to suspend reality that Kim goes from barely being able to walk, to fighting bad guys with barely a scratch or bruise a day later.. that magic Med Elixer is at it again.)

I totally agree about Jesse, he is my favorite but Upton is bringing his character down . In Halstead scenes ,I just want to throw pepto at him. In earlier seasons, he had some humor in him and actually looked like he enjoyed being there. They keep on forcing his Upstead relationship when they have no chemistry . I’ve always wanted to know about his army days but I feel like it’s going to turn into a Upton guilt story or somehow it will be all about her. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

I totally agree about Jesse, he is my favorite but Upton is bringing his character down . In Halstead scenes ,I just want to throw pepto at him. In earlier seasons, he had some humor in him and actually looked like he enjoyed being there. They keep on forcing his Upstead relationship when they have no chemistry . I’ve always wanted to know about his army days but I feel like it’s going to turn into a Upton guilt story or somehow it will be all about her. 

Sadly I think you are right, it will all be about the felon.... just like when her lies are finally exposed, somehow Eid will try & make her the victim.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

Yes to all of this.  They had excellent chemistry before they got romantic  I thought they were convincing when they were partners and were attracted to each other.  But something is off about the writing or acting of the storyline as a couple.

I think they rushed into the romance storyline and didn't adequately develop a foundation for them being more than friends.  Hailey just announced that she saw Jay as more than a partner and, the next thing you know, they are practically living together and acting like they've been married for years.  It was very forced and lacked development. 

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Guildford said:

...somehow Eid will try & make her the victim.

Eid is also going to be showrunner on the Law and Order series revival on NBC, so now I have to wonder how much input he'll have on PD/FD/Med going forward, if any at all. We can always hope he steps down and puts all his efforts on that show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The assholishness of the characters (Voight and Permasmirk) were both kept to a minimum.  So for that, this episode was better than most.

Still, this episode was too predictable with the parole officer being the bad guy.  I called it as soon as I saw the douche bag.

Kim has a kid in the house, how about locking that gun up so that the kid doesn't somehow get to it.  Yes, the gun was high up in an area where the kid wasn't likely to get to it, but unlikely doesn't mean can't.  And as a cop, she should know better.

The gun thing stuck out to me as well....I guess that's just supposed to be hand waved away for the sake of the plot & not wasting too much time.

Also didn't quite get why Adam had to go out to pick up breakfast with the kid with his side arm on full display....no wonder the server thought he was a 'Police Officer'...preettttyyy sure the gun gave that one away. 

• Love 1
On 10/1/2021 at 5:14 AM, nittany cougar said:

Yes to all of this.  They had excellent chemistry before they got romantic  I thought they were convincing when they were partners and were attracted to each other.  But something is off about the writing or acting of the storyline as a couple.

I think they rushed into the romance storyline and didn't adequately develop a foundation for them being more than friends.  Hailey just announced that she saw Jay as more than a partner and, the next thing you know, they are practically living together and acting like they've been married for years.  It was very forced and lacked development. 

I honestly don’t think they even had much chemistry even before they came a couple. She seemed more like the annoying babysitter . They would have been better off making her characters like Shay on CF. Don’t tell that to the Upstead people lol that they rushed it . They will leave you an essay why upstead is the best 😂. I just feel it’s forced and it’s only in Eid’s head that he think he hit gold with this couple . I mean like Erin and Jay they were just natural and it never looked forced . Even next week promo I saw the upstead people like oh she is so cute the way she looks at him. I was like ugh I can’t stand that smirk she has 

Edited by Jaelyn96
  • Love 4
On 10/3/2021 at 10:54 PM, Jaelyn96 said:

I honestly don’t think they even had much chemistry even before they came a couple. She seemed more like the annoying babysitter . They would have been better off making her characters like Shay on CF. Don’t tell that to the Upstead people lol that they rushed it . They will leave you an essay why upstead is the best 😂. I just feel it’s forced and it’s only in Eid’s head that he think he hit gold with this couple . I mean like Erin and Jay they were just natural and it never looked forced . Even next week promo I saw the upstead people like oh she is so cute the way she looks at him. I was like ugh I can’t stand that smirk she has 

Erin and Jay were very natural and it was so real that the actors who portrayed them dated briefly in real life.  I still wish that Erin was still on the show and it just pains me that smug Upton replaced her on the show.  Everything about Upton is forced and irritating.  I wish she would go away indefinitely.

Speaking of Erin, I wonder how the show would have handled Markie Post's death on the show if Erin was still on the show. Bunny was terrible but beautifully played by Markie Post who gave her flashes of humanity here and there, may she rest in peace!

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Erin and Jay were very natural and it was so real that the actors who portrayed them dated briefly in real life.  I still wish that Erin was still on the show and it just pains me that smug Upton replaced her on the show.  Everything about Upton is forced and irritating.  I wish she would go away indefinitely.

Speaking of Erin, I wonder how the show would have handled Markie Post's death on the show if Erin was still on the show. Bunny was terrible but beautifully played by Markie Post who gave her flashes of humanity here and there, may she rest in peace!

Sophia and Jesse dated from 2014-2016 but yes they had natural chemistry and it shown in their scenes . Yes I wonder if they would handled or even had a tribute to her. I agree I just can’t stand Upton.