S41 Jairus Robinson

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

CBS Bio

image.jpeg.a1505add78b6d8b9abe2f73effcdcbea.jpeg

Name: Jairus Robinson
Hometown: Oklahoma City, OK
Current Residence: Oklahoma City, OK

Hobbies: Obviously Survivor, working with kids/pediatric nursing, athletics (jiu jitsu, running,
dance)

3 Words to Describe You: High energy, charming, charismatic

Pet Peeves: I really hate bullies, and I don't like loud eating.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I'm so proud to be a two-time state
track champion because it is the culmination of seven years of absolute passion, but also pain.
Literal blood, sweat and tears! Everyone will tell you running is hard, but running with the
fastest people in the state running sub five minute miles and pole vaulting is a story of its own.

What is something we would never know from looking at you? When people first
meet me they always assume I'm the goofy, go with the flow bro who's here to make you laugh.
But I'm also a lot smarter than people think until they see my grades or hear me speak in front of
a crowd. I did Toastmasters, a nonprofit educational organization that teaches public speaking
and leadership, when I was in 6th grade up until high school so I can speak eloquently. Public
speaking has never been a problem for me.

Who is your hero and why? Every now and then I volunteer at the children's hospital because
pediatric nursing is what I want to do with the rest of my life. Those kids are absolutely my
heroes. To know and see what they go through hurts, and yet they still have a smile on their
faces. Why would I - someone in perfect health - spend so much time being angry at dumb stuff
like bad weather, girls or no more milk in my fridge? I'm so much more privileged than they
are. I will always have a smile on my face and a laugh on the way because why not, right?

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? I would love to play the game like the
culmination of some great Survivor winners, specifically Parvati, Fabio and Jeremy Collins. No
one in the history of Survivor can charm like Parv. I'm going to change that. I would love to
have Fabio's ability to be underestimated, which I believe is the best thing you can be in
Survivor. Lastly, I want to work Jeremy's shield management into my gameplay while still
having my own king spin on it.

Why do you believe you can win Survivor? I believe that there are numerous aspects of
Survivor. You'll drive yourself mad trying to do one of them perfectly. If I can do everything
well enough, I know I can win. I have great social awareness and in high school I was very
popular. I had my hand in every clique with the jocks, the band kids, musical theatre kids,
popular kids, rappers, academic kids, ROTC kids, quiet kids and even the teachers loved me.
Even now, I have a great relationship with the president of our college. I have that "it" factor
that some people just have. I think JT had it and Kim Spradlin, now I have it too.

Oh, Peachy will have this guy signed, sealed and nick💖named by the end of the first episode.

Being comfortable in all those disparate high school groups is a good character reference.  I'd put some money on him for the long run.

I think all doctors do have some kind of big ego because it gives them the strength to do what they are doing. JD talks about volunteering in pediatric hospitals and that he will be a pediatrician which makes me just love him. I'm so sick of all the ex NFL players or the bro dudes. At least he has a good reason to be a little big of himself, better than kicking a ball for a living.

JD is so, so very insecure and he doesn't even know it. It is kind of fascinating to watch. He was bullied and then he was a part of a ton of different groups and then a State Champion in track. He thinks he is able to navigate all these different groups but I suspect that he was kind of on the fringe of many of them. You can see that he thinks his social skills and ability is far better then it actually is.

I mean flowing locks on the boat? The immediate mention of the track championships, and then nearly collapsing on the hike. The stumbling attempts at telling his story and thinking that he convinced people? Seriously, he could have told the whole story and only lied about his choice. But he was so focused on the lie at the end that he bumbled the part that could have been 100% honest.

I appreciate his enthusiasm but dude is not nearly as good at this game as he thinks.

• Love 2