Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 2/20/2022 at 2:47 PM, Turtle Wexler said:

Starting a rewatch to cope with work and stress, and it dawned on me that the series seemingly dropped the fact that Rebecca’s father is (now was) transgender.

I think Rebecca was just kidding when she said Mrs. Whatever was her father.  It's usually men who say, "Just call me John!  Mr. Whatever's my father!" so this was just play on that.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Inquisitionist said:

After hearing about this show for almost 2 years, I've just started watching, courtesy of a 3-month free trial subscription to AppleTV.  Liking it a lot and I've managed to rope in Mr. Inqui as well.  

I've lost count of how many people I've roped in.  First the Mr., then we got one daughter, then she got her boyfriend, then her sister...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2022 at 10:15 AM, SoMuchTV said:

I've lost count of how many people I've roped in.

Just personally sitting down and rewatching with, I’ve done sister, friend, another sister. Not even counting how many people I’ve HIGHLY recommended it to.

• Like 1

So much suspension of disbelief is required.  Sign me up.

The Wichita State Shockers won a national championship in football?!  

I can not overstate how much I love the personal dynamics to which we were introduced.  I especially love the Assistant Coach.  Behind any successful coach/manager, is somebody like Beard.

Trent Crimm is fabulous.  He is obviously brilliant, but why is he a sports writer?  

Rebecca is a fantastic Cruella.  I wish she could remain so wicked, but I know there is no way she will be able to resist Ted's charm.  

I also wish the fish out of water Lasso could last.  I know he can't.  There goes a lot of clever asides.  

Keeley rhymes with "cheeky."  I already love her.  I am wondering why and how she is with the stud of studs despite not being a Spring chicken anymore.  I get that an initial relationship could happen since she is a popular model.  But, that reason does not of itself lead to anything long term.

Higgins is the opposite of Henry (My Fair Lady) and Magnum's version of one.  That character needs to show some savvy or it does not work.  Out of his depth is fine.  But, a mouthpiece for a Premier League club could never be as bumbling as this guy.    

Nathan is a type of literary fool.  I hope they don't create too much of a hero in him.

I want one of those biscuits! 

• Fire 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

So much suspension of disbelief is required.  Sign me up.

The Wichita State Shockers won a national championship in football?!  

I can not overstate how much I love the personal dynamics to which we were introduced.  I especially love the Assistant Coach.  Behind any successful coach/manager, is somebody like Beard.

Trent Crimm is fabulous.  He is obviously brilliant, but why is he a sports writer?  

Rebecca is a fantastic Cruella.  I wish she could remain so wicked, but I know there is no way she will be able to resist Ted's charm.  

I also wish the fish out of water Lasso could last.  I know he can't.  There goes a lot of clever asides.  

Keeley rhymes with "cheeky."  I already love her.  I am wondering why and how she is with the stud of studs despite not being a Spring chicken anymore.  I get that an initial relationship could happen since she is a popular model.  But, that reason does not of itself lead to anything long term.

Higgins is the opposite of Henry (My Fair Lady) and Magnum's version of one.  That character needs to show some savvy or it does not work.  Out of his depth is fine.  But, a mouthpiece for a Premier League club could never be as bumbling as this guy.    

Nathan is a type of literary fool.  I hope they don't create too much of a hero in him.

I want one of those biscuits! 

Oooh, are you just now watching this for the first time?  Buckle in!  (No, that's not quite right.  That's something I'd say to someone who's starting to watch, say, Breaking Bad.  More like, settle in to your comfy chair.)  Also if you haven't figured it out already, the single-episode threads only got created, I think, at some point in the second season.  So if you want to see earlier comments, you can read them here:

Just watch the post dates if you don't want to be spoiled for episodes you haven't seen yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KieranB1996 said:

I watched the pilot episode with my apple tv trial. Now I've changed tv and it doesn't have the apple tv app. Is there another way to watch it and is it worth watching?

I wasn't fully sold on the pilot episode, but I know that these things can take a while to get into.

Do you have an iPhone or iPad?  (Maybe that's why you had a trial?)  You should be able to watch it there.  If you have a Firestick I know you can get the app on that.  I know in the past there were some streaming devices that you couldn't get the AppleTV+ app on  (maybe roku? chromecast?) but that was a couple years ago.  If you have any kind of smart tv or streaming device, maybe search again for the app?

Oh and as for "is it worth watching" - everyone has their own opinion, but I (and just about everyone I introduced it to) thinks, very much so.

Edited by SoMuchTV
I quoted a post that was subsequently removed (spam); removed the link in the quote.
  • Love 1

Rewatching the pilot for the something-in-the-three-digits time, and I remembered I wanted to ask this: When Ted and Beard get to Rebecca’s office and she tells Higgins to take Beard to get logisitcky things, why does Ted tell Beard his Wi-Fi password is “wet wipes”? Wouldn’t he be setting up his Wi-Fi in his new apartment? I’ve never quite understood what is actually being referred to. (A password for the team network?)

On 12/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, Turtle Wexler said:

Rewatching the pilot for the something-in-the-three-digits time, and I remembered I wanted to ask this: When Ted and Beard get to Rebecca’s office and she tells Higgins to take Beard to get logisitcky things, why does Ted tell Beard his Wi-Fi password is “wet wipes”? Wouldn’t he be setting up his Wi-Fi in his new apartment? I’ve never quite understood what is actually being referred to. (A password for the team network?)

I think Ted was finishing the list Rebecca started.

Rebecca (to Higgins): Could you take Coach Beard and get him their IDs, housing information... 

Ted (to Beard): WiFi password, wet wipes...

Beard: Humidifier.  Way ahead of you, Coach.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1