PRIMETIMER
BizBuzz

M&M's ... Plain or Peanut?

89 members have voted

1. 1. M&M's ... Plain or Peanut?

• Plain?
    • Peanut?
    • Are M&M's Really Food?

I can be weird. I gently crack the sugary outside of the peanut M&M so as not to dent the chocolate. Then I roll it around in my mouth until it's all gone and just the peanut is left. Then it's a crunch or two and it's gone. I do this to make everyone of them last a few minutes so I don't eat a hundred in a minute. It's actually hard and an art to getthe crunchy outside off without damaging the chocolate. 

I've tried the almond ones and they were so-so. Stale. Have never seen any of the flavors that y'all have mentioned but saw a few that I'd like to try. I better check what kinds they have on Amazon! Right now I'm eating Ferrero Rocher Chocolates. 

Jeezuz, Mindthinkr, you do that thing with a cherry stem and your tongue, too, don't you?

2 hours ago, Quof said:

Jeezuz, Mindthinkr, you do that thing with a cherry stem and your tongue, too, don't you?

Where did that come from? Am I missing something here, and yes I did that cherry stem thing when I was younger but haven't tried to in ages lol. 

31 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Where did that come from? Am I missing something here, and yes I did that cherry stem thing when I was younger but haven't tried to in ages lol. 

I remember the cherry stem from the first Twin Peaks back in the late 1980's.  Audrey was quite talented at it.

• Like 1

Where did that come from?

I'm picturing you doing some, um, lingual gymnastics with that M & M....

11 hours ago, Quof said:

I'm picturing you doing some, um, lingual gymnastics with that M & M....

LOL...I didn't realize my comment could be interepted in these ways!! Just a habit to make the candy last longer and make each piece more of an effort. A challenge. Just 3-5 will do at any given time my way. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 8:35 PM, BW Manilowe said:

My Mom probably just doesn't go to the right places, or they're out when she does, or something. I think some flavors are exclusive to certain store chains though.

I have now also seen them at CVS and Wegmans. It seems to be in a large variety of stores. Maybe your mom pretended she didn't see them to keep you from buying "junk." ;) 

Definitely with nuts. I just don't like the texture of plain. Plus, I think the one with peanut is healthier. You can never go wrong with foods that came from a plant. LOL

Edited by arielpna
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, arielpna said:

You can never go wrong with foods that came from a plant. LOL

Chocolate comes from a cocoa bean, sugar comes from a sugarcane, ....M & Ms are healthy!

• Like 5

Thanks to somebody's Halloween leftovers, I tried the caramel ones. A little firmer than I would like-- I like my caramel oozy-- but the color of the bag was really pretty.

7 hours ago, arielpna said:

I was able to try M&M's Peanut Butter, it felt too greasy for me and tastes like Reese Peanut butter cups. 

It was National Candy Day over the weekend. I learned that M&M's and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are the two best selling candies in the USA. 

I probably would have guessed that within three or four tries. 

• Like 2

Peanut. Always Peanut. (I'll eat them plain, but I tend to prefer them the most when they're Easter themed.)

But I also like Crispy M&M's. Thank goodness they're finally back!

1 hour ago, UYI said:

Peanut. Always Peanut. (I'll eat them plain, but I tend to prefer them the most when they're Easter themed.)

But I also like Crispy M&M's. Thank goodness they're finally back!

Are they similar to Nestles Crunch bars? 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Are they similar to Nestles Crunch bars? 

Hmmm. I guess so? Obviously the taste is a little different, but yeah, I can see some similarities. 

• Like 1

I eat the Milk Chocolate M&Ms the most. My current favorites are the Caramel M&Ms. I recently tried the White Chocolate ones and they weren't bad.