Type keyword(s) to search

The Venture Bros. In The Media

I just saw this from the Adult Swim YouTube feed, so I had to share. If you have any news on TVB, this would be the place to put it.

As infuriating as the pauses between seasons are, it's nice to see that we're getting teased on S6. Can anybody make out the text on the profile? I was too busy being distracted by the rolling scroll. The guy looks like Rusty, but we know Rusty couldn't do shit against the Guild. Impostor, maybe?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I was thinking he looked a lot like the Monarch, albeit a Monarch who decided to cosplay as Tracer Bullet. My other thought was Vendata, but I don't think there's enough physical similarity there.

Oh, nice. Big question: why couldn't we get this on the weekend?

I guess they just swapped their live-action shows (Newsreaders and Eric Andre) to Friday nights, and it probably wouldn't look good if they bumped them after one week.

So what episode #'s is this "special" from season 6?  I have a feeling this will be like the Halloween special from season 5 where it was aired out of order b/c it was Halloween.  It was confusing last time they did this b/c we had Hatred w/boobs, Dean w/dark hair and all that w/o any explanations until the actual season started up.

Edited by CMH1981

So what episode #'s is this "special" from season 6?  I have a feeling this will be like the Halloween special from season 5 where it was aired out of order b/c it was Halloween.  It was confusing last time they did this b/c we had Hatred w/boobs, Dean w/dark hair and all that w/o any explanations until the actual season started up.

It's a double-length episode, so it's possible they intended it to stand alone between seasons.

• Love 1

Absolutely no idea. The creators are historically prickly when people ask and nothing has come out since the January "All this and Gargantua-2". ComicCon is this weekend though and there's a screening so maybe they'll announce then. 

Things that stood out from the various promos and trailers so far:

• There will be super-tyoes (probably bad guys) named Fallen Archer and Think Tank.
  • The Captain will hulk out at some point. I suspect this will be a tribute to Hyde from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (red muttonchop sideburns and all).
  • The supernatural horseman who's "coming for Dr. Venture's soul" looks like what you might end up with if you crossed The Outrider with Torrid.
Edited by Sandman87
(edited)

. .  . and here is the trailer. Not too far away. Better catch up on the reruns.

The return of Bear With A Blade. I’m officially scared.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I was at the New York Comic Con panel tonight, and these were the highlights:

-Doc Hammer had some back injury and now he's in a wheelchair. Will most likely eventually walk with a cane. Most of what Jackson and Doc riffed on revolved around that injury.
-More women will be added next season (there was one woman Doc couldn't fit in this season). Whether or not this is the end wasn't really answered (but is it ever?)
-The answer given on Scare Bear was that he may or may not be a time displaced Grover Cleveland. Like, he used the time machine and split into two.
-They brought in Fudgie The Whale with a Brockie The Whale cake to sing Doc happy birthday (it was not his birthday). It was mostly to remind everyone that tomorrow is the last day to enter the contest. Jackson and Doc LOVE talking as Tom Carvel. They shared the cake with the people in the front row, and a Brown Widow cosplayer.
-They brought the show to New York because they've lived here for so long.
-NYCC is considered too meta for the show. Every plot they thought of ended the same way: Rusty calling Brock about a dead Harley Quinn in his tub.
-Shore Leave's voice is Doc attempting to talk like Rusty.
-What would happen in a Venture Bros movie: They'd be able to pay for music and for actual celebrity voices.

Edited by Galileo908
59 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

-The answer given on Scare Bear was that he may or may not be a time displaced Grover Cleveland. Like, he used the time machine and split into two.

It'd be better if it was Teddy Roosevelt.

• Love 2

But you have to admit he speaks softly. Maybe he could channel Black Lightning from Harvey Birdman: "Carry a big stick...in my pants!"

Besides, Teddy bears are friggin' named after Roosevelt. It's perfect.