Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Lowjacked

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

"Your family tree is a circle."
"I TOLD YOU THAT IN CONFIDENCE!"

"If your brain were a drug, I'd snort the shit out of it."

So the team is on a plane all episode, I was getting Skytanic flashbacks. Of course Pam turns the good floor of the plane into her personal paradise.

Oh yeah, Cheryl's not only rich, but most likely richer than Robert, yet the thought never crossed her mind to fund the agency herself? But then again, she probably doesn't want to.

I really liked Archer giving advice to the eco terrorists. Which, of course, includes giving them reasons to beat up Cyril. And damn, Lana sold out Robert to them rather than talk about her problems. I actually feel bad for Robert now.

How long as Archer waited to say "RELEASE THE HOUNDS!"? I loved him cuddling all the dogs. Archer having to buy his own drinks for the first time in his life is gonna be hell. Can't wait to see the fallout of that.

Edited by Galileo908

Nice trope: the team goes off for team-building, and then terrorists fuck that up. Naturally, none of them get really hurt. Well, maybe Ray when he got thrown down the slide. That guy cannot win, can he?

Sometimes, I wonder if "Archer being Archer" gets tired. Tonight, he gave advice to his captors, escaped, banged a stewardess flight attendant, and then saves the day with a pack of loose dogs he befriended. That was fun. And yeah, how messed up is it that he has to check his cane, while the terrorists brought in 3D-printed guns?

Heh. "Pamistan." Good to get the wild cards safe and sound on the upper half of the plane. Pam had a point: if they're going to die, why not live it up with booze, fancy food and slots?

27 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Oh yeah, Cheryl's not only rich, but most likely richer than Robert, yet the thought never crossed her mind to fund the agency herself? But then again, she probably doesn't want to.

I didn't think of that. If you cornered Lana and asked her whether the group should be funded by her increasingly annoying husband or the full-blown nutjob with the passions for sniffing glue and arson, Lana would probably go with Option C:  bite down on a false tooth loaded with cyanide. We get Robert, and he's going to try and rein in Archer's spending habits. Uh huh. That'll last as long as Cyril being a badass last season.

4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

That'll last as long as Cyril being a badass last season.

Hey, he managed to take out a driver and take over a truck by himself in the previous episode. He might be pathetic, but he's not THAT pathetic. Anymore. 

Robert being  CFO  of “the Agency” has the added benefit of being hell for both Lana and Archer.    By the way it will be a fun joke for the group trying to come up with really lame names for the Agency and Mallory realizing just how out of touch it really was.   All the old technology no one is using anymore.  One of the weird jokes of the first few season was all the weird 80s technology. Now the show is finally dealing with it.   The agent previously known as ISIS is just badly out of touch and just too broke to upgrade.

But hey now that they have Robert that could change but on the downside Archer has to buy his own booze which could also be a fun side gig.

“Why are you Satan?”

Is probably a line that can be asked to any of the main cast by any other of the main cast.  But having it asked by Ray to Cheryl was hilarious.   And her response was equally hilarious.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Robert being  CFO  of “the Agency” has the added benefit of being hell for both Lana and Archer.    By the way it will be a fun joke for the group trying to come up with really lame names for the Agency and Mallory realizing just how out of touch it really was.   All the old technology no one is using anymore.  One of the weird jokes of the first fire season was all the weird 80s technology. Now the show is finally dealing with it.   The agent previously known as ISIS is just badly out of touch and just too broke to upgrade.

But hey now that they have Robert that could change but on the downside Archer has to buy his pen booze which could also be a fun side gig.

I've been thinking about it, but it's also a convenient way to phase out Malory after the loss of Jessica Walter. With Robert the CFO/de facto head of The Agency, it presents a new dynamic to not only Archer, but the rest of the crew. Robert is slowly becoming the father figure Archer never had, and it's gonna be interesting to see how he deals with that.

And Lana is a drinking problem away from fully becoming Malory at this point, isn't she?

Edited by Galileo908
9 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

And Lana is a drinking problem away from fully becoming Malory at this point, isn't she?

Ironically yes.   We’ve gotten glimpses that Mallory was actually a really good spy in her day.  She just aged out and pseudo raised a barely functioning son.    If anything Lana is the most like her. 

• Love 1
On 8/26/2021 at 11:29 PM, Galileo908 said:

I've been thinking about it, but it's also a convenient way to phase out Malory after the loss of Jessica Walter. With Robert the CFO/de facto head of The Agency, it presents a new dynamic to not only Archer, but the rest of the crew. Robert is slowly becoming the father figure Archer never had, and it's gonna be interesting to see how he deals with that.

While I can't imagine this show without Jessica Walter and Malory, I think this scenario could be something that work.  And yes, as stated in another post, Lana is pretty much just a sober version of Malory.

Very funny episode with a fun group of villains for Archer and company to bounce off of.