Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E17: Quid Pro Crab

• Start Topic

Captains scramble to meet an expanded quota in the path of a violent system dubbed "Squall-pocalypse". A breakdown on the Wizard puts Monte in debt to the Time Bandit and Josh and Casey exceed their own quota when it comes to injuries on deck.

Monte really ticked me off tonight, and I've never much liked Keith.  His phone call was disgusting.

Jonathan saves your butt and you are going to screw him over?  He's watching.  Look out next season

Waaaaay back when Jonathon knocked Keith on his butt, I was on Keith's side.  Not anymore.

• Love 4
On 8/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, thewhiteowl said:

Captains scramble to meet an expanded quota in the path of a violent system dubbed "Squall-pocalypse". A breakdown on the Wizard puts Monte in debt to the Time Bandit and Josh and Casey exceed their own quota when it comes to injuries on deck.

Well, reading that the injury happened on deck, I'm pretty sure we all know that it wasn't Josh who was injured.  LOL.  Only injury he could sustain on board would be falling out of his chair, falling out of his bunk, or cutting himself while trimming his beard.

• LOL 6

Keith has always been my least favorite captain. With his short temper, demeaning treatment of his crew, and over-inflated ego I enjoyed seeing Monte having success while Keith was away. Until now. Apparently, being an ungrateful asshole is a family trait.

Johnathan saved Wizard from returning to port, waiting for a part, installing it, and then getting back out on the grounds. Not to mention the dead loss from the crab already in the tanks/pots. Add in the fuel costs and I can't even imagine the financial hit they would have taken. So Johnathan spares them all of that and the best La Familia Colburn can do is to lie to him about where the crab are?

We can only hope that some day karma gives them a serious bite in the ass. 

• Love 2

I feel like a lot of the between Monte and Jonathan was very scripted.  Jonathan just happens to have a quart of pink paint on board?  Plus, how did Monte not see the TB's lights if he was out there by himself?  Just more bullshit from Discovery.

It would have been great if Josh had fallen out of the chair when that wave hit.  If the weather is that bad, then you need to keep your eyes out for those waves and your crew.  But NOOOO, your sorry ass is sitting there with your feet propped up sideways looking at probably your social media account on your damn cell phone.  Discovery, please do everyone a favor and stop the shit with Josh!  We all know he is as useful as a tick on a warthog.  He brings NOTHING, I mean nothing to the table except shit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, iluvobx said:

It would have been great if Josh had fallen out of the chair when that wave hit.  If the weather is that bad, then you need to keep your eyes out for those waves and your crew.  But NOOOO, your sorry ass is sitting there with your feet propped up sideways looking at probably your social media account on your damn cell phone.  Discovery, please do everyone a favor and stop the shit with Josh!  We all know he is as useful as a tick on a warthog.  He brings NOTHING, I mean nothing to the table except shit.

I so agree.  And yet Discovery ALSO has an episode every week of him and Casey in Hawaii.  It's funny that they've tacked it onto a Deadliest Catch episode to make it look like (in the ratings), the Hawaiian part actually has any viewers.  If they called it "Josh and Casey's Hawaiian Fishing Adventures" . . . IT WOULD HAVE NO POINTS ON ANY RATING SYSTEM.  BECAUSE NO ONE IS WATCHING IT.  (Except maybe that's what Josh was watching on his cell phone during the actual "Deadliest Catch" part of last night's show.)

We don't watch it anyway.  As soon as they roll the closing credits on the REAL Deadliest Catch, we turn off the TV or switch channels.

• Love 4

A new low.  Monte is exasperated with JH and snarls, "Fish your gear!"  Dude just started using JH-provided gear, TB gear!  All-time hypocrisy, and that's saying something on this show.

I enjoyed Wild Bill's aversion to lancing the boil on Bird.  He always likes to come off as a tough guy, but wanted no part of a little pus and blood.  Fun moment.

So now we're back to tempting fate and the ice floe.  Any chance Disco has it tinted pink?

Didja notice the CM hauling pots from the all-time deepest string at the normal pace?  In heavy seas, yet.  They must have superized the shots when they set the string.  

At least I did not hear the phrase "rogue wave" as the squall did its thang.  And some of those waves really were monsters.   

• Love 1
On 8/18/2021 at 10:20 AM, iluvobx said:

Every time he solemnly proclaims how bad it is and they're fighting through it I think "who's 'we'?" Casey who's doing all the navigating and securing the safety of the men on deck? The men on deck who are actually IN the weather and standing on an unstable deck risking death/catastrophic injury? Josh might risk spilling his coffee on his lap.

And to be fair, because I can't help it, I feel the same way when Mandy's sitting there.  Now, we actually DO see her driving the boat (sometimes), but when those monster pots were coming up, why wasn't she down there sorting to help take a load off/speed things up?  I have to think that if she DID spend a good amount of time sorting or doing bait they'd highlight that as part of her paying her dues.  And maybe it's possible that she's taking all the night watches and the scenes with her and Sig are shot right before and after the handoff and she's putting in a lot more wheel time than we see. But then the show should show that!

I assume Jonathan's wife is cooking or doing dishes or doing something useful other than just sitting there. Remember Donna Quashnik? She was a boat mom and the crew seemed to treasure her - everybody was happy. I just had to google to remember her name - sadly she seems to have passed away.  

• Love 1